[8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices

• Hi gents,

updated from 8.2.3.3 to 8.2.4.1 and I got constant sound stuttering (on audio passtrough or none passtrough). I am running H96 pro+, anybody with similar audio issues?

Did not enable any of the new settings, nor changed cables/etc.

• This Bug exists on any of mine boxes (H96, Beelink GT1,...) ...thinks its a bug in the build at the moment ... i made a workaround til its solved. Change the path for Subtitles from "with video" to a folder on your SD Card on "storage" e.g. "SUBS". Then its works again. Its not the final solution, but i can watch my tv-series from the US with subtitles again.

Indeed, moving external srt subtitles from smb share to an SD card folder works.

I also found that it can work if you mount the smb shares with Libreelec (see Mounting network shares) and not Kodi (thanks to @frequenzy and vinbot3000)

Conclusion: if you experience crash with external subtitles try to mount your smb shares with Libreelec.

Edited 3 times, last by JoeAverage92 (May 27, 2018 at 3:14 PM).

• I've been having the same problem.

I have now identified the missing AMLogic Kernel patch that fixes this problem and it's included in the following LE test version:

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4.2-fix-lost-audio.tar

W.

I was having audio problems with 8.2.4.1, noticed that there was a 8.2.4.2 build, then noticed there was this patch build for audio problems. I upgraded to this build and am still having the same problems. Specifically, while clicking around in the gui I get dropouts in the audio, sometimes I get clicks, sometimes I get a softer noise out of the speakers, sometimes I get nothing. That I can live with but the real issue is that I cannot bitstream any dolby trueHD (mostly Atmos encoded in trueHD). I am sending via HDMI to a Marantz receiver, Marantz is connected to a projector. The Marantz is showing TrueHD but it's not playing any audio. In 8.2.4.1 it was only showing audio stream on the center channel, in 8.2.4.2 it's showing the normal 7.1.4 channels of audio. Switching to pretty much any other format including DTS-MA, dolby digital, AC3 will bitstream properly. I have also tried non-Atmos TrueHD streams and those don't work either.

• Indeed, moving external srt subtitles from smb share to an SD card folder works.

I also found that it can work if you mount the smb shares with Libreelec (see Mounting network shares) and not Kodi (thanks to @frequenzy and vinbot3000)

Conclusion: if you experience crash with external subtitles try to mount your smb shares with Libreelec.

Or if you have a LINUX server you can make nfs shares, which i did for testing, there the .srt SUBS can also stored within the video on the server via NFS.

• I have LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4.1.force.444.10bit.img.gz on Minix U9-H and LG OLED TV.

When there is high framerate I have some stutter. At 30fps or lower everything is great. When I play 50 or 59.94fps, I get stutters sometimes. They are normal 720p AVC files. The same files play smoothly on Kodi nVidia Shield. The strange thing is that the stutters are not random but always exactly at the same points.

Anyone has problems with 50 - 59.94 fps videos?

• The file is not big. As I said it's only 720p AVC with a bitrate of 3000 kb/s. It's not only this. All high frame rates 50-59.94fps have problems. Has anybody played high frame rates files with this?

• Anyone using LibreELEC 8.2.4.1 - S912 + Minix U9 + SDCard?

Cant boot to libreelec... it goes directly to android.

Any tips?

Make sure you use the correct device tree (DTB), as that might be the problem in your case. There are plenty of similar problems in the forum which you can read about... And hopefully one of them might help you as well :)

• Make sure you use the correct device tree (DTB), as that might be the problem in your case. There are plenty of similar problems in the forum which you can read about... And hopefully one of them might help you as well :)

Im using the specific u9 tree from post #1...

Tried flashing with rufus and librelec...

Im using the install instructions from here.

Everytime U9 boots directly to android :T

• Everytime U9 boots directly to android :T

Do this: MINIX U1 / U9:

insert SD card, plug in power cord. Then hold in power button for at least 6 seconds or until LE Logo appears.

Or this:
    Terminal Emulator

: boot to Android, insert SD card/USB drive with LE, install Terminal Emulator app (either from Google Play or APKMirror

), run it and type reboot update. Your box should reboot to LE.Be shure to prepare SD card properly.If Your device boots every time to Android it could be Your fault preparing SD card

• Do this:

MINIX U1 / U9:

insert SD card, plug in power cord. Then hold in power button for at least 6 seconds or until LE Logo appears.

Or this:

Terminal Emulator

: boot to Android, insert SD card/USB drive with LE, install Terminal Emulator app (either from Google Play or

APKMirror

), run it and type reboot update. Your box should reboot to LE.Be shure to prepare SD card properly.If Your device boots every time to Android it could be Your fault preparing SD card

Thanks!!!

Finally i got it working (after using method #2)!!!

• Hi!

I have a Beelink GT1 Ultimate.

This is the first LibreElec version, that works from a USB pendrive for me after trying several versions.

I share my videos on a Samba Server on a Asus RT-AC68U with stock firmware, and with the Android version of the Kodi I could access it without any problems.

With this version I can't access it, because Kodi won't accept my password. I tried so many times and I'm sure that I type in the correct password.

Could this be a character coding problem?

• No

You have to read a lot about Samba & Security

Can you recommend a good source?

Edit:

I have found a topic about a very similar/the same problem with a solution here.

I will try this out tomorrow and see if it solves the problem for me.

Edit2:

It worked!

Edit3:

Kodi freezes for a short time and restarts when I try to play some of my videos. There are some other videos that I can play fine. It always happens with the same video files.

Here is the crash log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edit4:

I can play the videos without external subtitles fine.

Edit5:

I mounted the shared folder via LibreElec instead of Kodi using this guide. I had to use version 1.0, but it works now!

Edited 5 times, last by eropityuka (June 1, 2018 at 10:59 AM).

• Using build 8.2.4.2 audio fix on my MECool BB2. S912

No SMB, no UPnP, which makes it impossible to do anything from my NAS. lol

When I try to use SMB I get a no share error, as for UPnP it just doesn't find anything. The other builds I've tried seem to work OK (although this is the first of your builds I've tried). I tried the audio-fix build because I just couldn't seem to get any lossless formats (DD+/DTS-HD/TrueHD) to bitstream at all from previous builds, with occasional static from DD/DTS. I'm at a loss.