Posts by JoeAverage92

Indeed, moving external subtitles from smb share to an SD card folder works.

I also found that it can work if you mount the smb shares with ssh in Libreelec (see Mounting network shares) and not Kodi (thanks to @frequenzy and vinbot3000 )

Conclusion: if you experience crash with external subtitles try to mount your smb shares with ssh.

This Bug exists on any of mine boxes (H96, Beelink GT1,...) ...thinks its a bug in the build at the moment ... i made a workaround til its solved. Change the path for Subtitles from "with video" to a folder on your SD Card on "storage" e.g. "SUBS". Then its works again. Its not the final solution, but i can watch my tv-series from the US with subtitles again.

Indeed, moving external srt subtitles from smb share to an SD card folder works.

I also found that it can work if you mount the smb shares with Libreelec (see Mounting network shares) and not Kodi (thanks to @frequenzy and vinbot3000)

Conclusion: if you experience crash with external subtitles try to mount your smb shares with Libreelec.