Posts by eropityuka

Hi,

I use this version of LibreELEC on a Beelink GT1 Ultimate. I use a Logitech K400 Plus keyboard with Hungarian layout.

I set the keyboard layout to hu in LibreELEC system settings. There are some charachters that don't exist in English alphabet, but exist in Hungarian alphabet (ö, ü, ó, ő, ú, é, á, ű, í) and these buttons won't do anything, but z and y are correct. I also tried using hu101 layout, but it didn't help, even z and y changed places.

Is there a way to edit an existing layout or make a custom layout in LibreELEC?

Is there an add-on that helps discovering codes of the buttons on the keyboard?

update

I have found a keyboard layout at /usr/share/kodi/system/keyboardlayouts/hungarian.xml and some of charachters are represented with strange symbols. The xml file and Putty are in UTF-8.

But maybe this isn't related to the main problem. I have found a topic with the same issue with no solution here.

No

You have to read a lot about Samba & Security

Can you recommend a good source?

Edit:

I have found a topic about a very similar/the same problem with a solution here.

I will try this out tomorrow and see if it solves the problem for me.

Edit2:

It worked!

Edit3:

Kodi freezes for a short time and restarts when I try to play some of my videos. There are some other videos that I can play fine. It always happens with the same video files.

Here is the crash log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edit4:

I can play the videos without external subtitles fine.

Edit5:

I mounted the shared folder via LibreElec instead of Kodi using this guide. I had to use version 1.0, but it works now!

Hi!

I have a Beelink GT1 Ultimate.

This is the first LibreElec version, that works from a USB pendrive for me after trying several versions.

I share my videos on a Samba Server on a Asus RT-AC68U with stock firmware, and with the Android version of the Kodi I could access it without any problems.

With this version I can't access it, because Kodi won't accept my password. I tried so many times and I'm sure that I type in the correct password.

Could this be a character coding problem?