LibreELEC 8.x images for additional dvb drivers

• reinstalled but cant scan any ideas, if i mind right it may have been a edit that was required to get working , i had a txt file with teh comands/ what tp do buty had HDD FAILERZ so lost all data and my how to guides to get working :(

Edited once, last by H0nch0 (March 22, 2017 at 4:38 PM).

• I'm thinking about getting the Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD to use it for dvb-c in Germany with libreelec and TVHeadend.

According to linuxtv.org there are two different versions - one north american and one european. They say the european version, which I would be using, requires dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw as firmware and the drivers are included in Linux Kernel 4.8.

Is anyone using this TV-card? Is it working with CvH's libreelec version?

• Hello,

in the german Kodinerds forum you mentioned the TT- budget S2-4200 Twin as a good cart.
    Are the drivers of this card included in your latest build?
    Do i have to copy the firmware into the /lib/firmware folder
    And a last question - shall i wait with installing till there is the hardware complete?

• Okay so because nobody even downloaded my provided log, i will put it in a post here.
    Hopefully somebody can help me this time.
    Hardware: ################################################################################ - Pastebin.com
    System: ################################################################################ - Pastebin.com
    Kodi: Chop – Post code, write notes and share feedback (too large for pastebin)

If you need other logs please tell me.

Edited once, last by 4Style (April 3, 2017 at 6:46 PM).

• I think 5520se supported, by not tested. I have only 5520 sample (avalink demod based)

thx for info - dumb question but am I missing any steps? :blush:

just installed LE, plugged usb tbs5520se in and selected some TBS Driver in DVB Driver Configuration. meanwhile I tested some other images (incl. CvH 8.0.1 test images) without any success. :huh:

do i have to modprobe some modules? just read this for some other cards/boxes?

I recognized that an firmware dvb-usb-tb5520. fw exists in LE. latest from TBS includes dvb-usb-tbs5520-01.fw instead - but it did not give any success either... drives me crazy :s

Edited once, last by garglkarg (April 11, 2017 at 6:08 PM).