Posts by BarFly

Hello,

The Flirc dongle acts like a keyboard, so there's nothing you need to configure on the LibreELEC side - leave Lirc disabled and ignore all the ir-keytable stuff on the LibreELEC infrared remote wiki page.

If you added configurations, changes to autostart, disabled daemons etc please revert all of them or start fresh from scratch. Changes there are most likely to just break things.

Configure the Flirc with the Kodi profile for your remote, using the Flirc configuration tool, and you should be done.

so long,

Hias

thanx for your advice, i will test it tonight.

Does Flirc work parallel to a keybord/mouse or should i disconnect them?

Hello,

Read this HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi

also, there was a post on this forum about using the Xios/Pivos config from the Harmony database

Minix u9-H Remote setup for Logitech Harmony

thats a lot of stuff to read and translate into Libreelec.

And it will be helpful later on, when i try to configure the remote, but, yes there is a 'but' - what is BEFORE that?

Drivers, the setup in Kodi itself and in Libreelec, are there Daemon to start, drivers to load, firmware to place in a folders etc.?

Neither my Harmony nor my old DVDPlayer remote is doing anything . and they both are working with the Flirc USB device, because i programmed them with its Windows Software, what was pretty easy. And i also tested the USB port and yes it is is working with any USB Stick and portable HDDs i connected to them. One is USB 3 and the other is USB 2. I tested both. I also changed the batteries of the remotes...

My problem, with (all) that howtos - how do i have to prepare Libreelec/Kodi up to the point where that howtos start?

Does anyone know a howto which starts with preparing the basics (Libreelec/Kodi)?

Edit from the second link you posted above:

I have Harmony 515 set as pivos xios and here is my remote.conf and remote.xml for LibreELEC 8.x.

For LibreELEC 8.90.4 i use Harmony as Microsoft Media Center remote.

For a guy which is totally new with remotes and its use with computers, thats pretty confusing :/

Hello,

after finally getting TVheadend running well, i can listen to music, watch videos from HDD and play DVDs from a USB Blu-ray playe.

Now i want to make the next step on my way to integrate it into our living room.

My Computer and periphery:

LibreElec 8.2.5 on SSD
    Socket 1150 Board with Celeron G1840 & 4Gb Ram - internal graphics
    TechnoTrend Karte TT 4200 Twin

2,5" 320GB Platte

The older (Version 1) Flirc USB device

And a couple of old remote controls + a Logitech Harmony 600

I enabled Lirc in the Kodi settings.

I have read the flirc side, i configured a remote with the windows Flirc software.

Kodi starts already into th TV channels section, this sounds pretty easy to setup just up and down arrows and a numpad to switch to known channels.

But right now it is not working.

Any Howto i found said something about keytables etc, but i found not one howto which explains that part.

My questions - what else do i need? A driver or a addon to run Flirc?

Do i have to go through such a process which is described for Ubuntu here?

Make LIRC work in Ubuntu 18.04, so that you can use your infrared remote in Kodi – Two "Sort Of" Tech Guys

TVH (the server and the client) are both available at the libreelec add-on repo.

For the server just brwose to add-ons->install from repository->libreelec repository->services

For the client...add-ons->install from repository->libreelec repository->PVR clients

Hello,

i got the client installed, but where do i find the server?

repository->libreelec repository->services

this is what i'm not able to find.
    Ok, the machine is a PC, Socket 775 with a Pentium Dual Core E6600, a nVidia GT 9600, 6GB of Ram, and (just for testing) 160gb Hdd.
    The 'lsusb' says:

The USB - card is acording to the wiki, compatible - Supported TV Tuners - OpenELEC
    It would be nice if i could get help on this. Maybe i need some 'for Dummies'
    Btw. i'm German, close to retiring

Ciao BarFly

ps. What is the local time of the Forum?