Posts by garglkarg

Did someone successfully compile a functional driver?

yes I did! but on my generic intel pc with Ubuntu installed. got the usb box running with compiled crazycat drivers - it overrides my Nvidia and it had some crashes in the beginning but everything works fine now. have my tvheadend up and kore running.
    I'm very pleased and satisfied!

wonderful! thank you!!
    compiled on my Ubuntu machine, installed it's drivers and rebooted!

whoooop whoop I'm excited!! BUT obviously my Ubuntu (kernel 4.4.0.72) isn't the LE... I cannot test it any further
    sooo, how do I get this wonderful driver to my LE installation (currently 8.0.1 with kernel 4.9.x)??

meanwhile I changed to 8.0.1 without success... additionally I tried TBS open source drivers and crazycats media build (containing tbs5521) but I cannot load the custom firmware because of missing module... dvb-usb-tbs5520 exists but does not load the tbs 5520 se...

verbose lsusb told me

maybe you use before 7.x with my linux-tbs-drivers ?

ok, I did... but without success I used the CvH 7.0.2 image, with tbs5520se plugged in, selected TBS CrazyCat driver in DVB Driver Configuration, loaded the tar.bz2 just copied the ...tbsqbox-id5521.fw into the /storage/.config/firmware and modprobed the most similar module dvb-usb-tbs5520(.ko) but without any further response... still no dvb adapter in tvheadend 4.2 addon

dmesg told me

Code
    [  620.610321] media: Linux media interface: v0.10
    [  620.619076] WARNING: You are using an experimental version of the media stack.
    [  620.619076] Latest git patches (needed if you report a bug to [email protected]):
    [  620.627891] usbcore: registered new interface driver tbs5520

so where do I get the correct module (.ko file)? or what else may be missing & wrong!

thx for any assistance!

many thx for ur information crazycat moves me forward!

In my linux_media repo 5520SE required dvb-usb-tbsqbox-id5521.fw
    linux_media/tbs5520se.c at latest · crazycat69/linux_media · GitHub

And dvb-usb-tbsqbox-id5520.fw for 5520
    linux_media/tbs5220.c at latest · crazycat69/linux_media · GitHub

All required firmware in dvb-firmwares.tar.bz2 @ my media_build

sorry, i don't get it... i loaded the tar.bz2 just copied the ...tbsqbox-id5521.fw into the /storage/.config/update/firmware of my current 8.0.1 (or is 7.0.2 needed for these firmware files?) installation of LE
    the nearest module to load was dvb-usb-tbs5520(.ko) where modprobe succeeded and dmesg messaged:

Code
    [ 1341.756091] WARNING: You are using an experimental version of the media stack.
    [ 1341.756091]  As the driver is backported to an older kernel, it doesn't offer
    [ 1341.756091]  enough quality for its usage in production.
    [ 1341.756091]  Use it with care.
    [ 1341.756091] Latest git patches (needed if you report a bug to [email protected]):
    [ 1341.756091]  773958eb1c3853590d6f726e6a7d8df87d16639c dvb-usb-cxusb: Geniatech Mygica T230C2 support.

what's wrong? still no dvb adapter in tvheadend...
    for me it seems that the firmware file is not enough... I need the module (.ko) file as well but where from?

I think 5520se supported, by not tested. I have only 5520 sample (avalink demod based)

thx for info - dumb question but am I missing any steps? :blush:

just installed LE, plugged usb tbs5520se in and selected some TBS Driver in DVB Driver Configuration. meanwhile I tested some other images (incl. CvH 8.0.1 test images) without any success. :huh:

do i have to modprobe some modules? just read this for some other cards/boxes?

I recognized that an firmware dvb-usb-tb5520. fw exists in LE. latest from TBS includes dvb-usb-tbs5520-01.fw instead - but it did not give any success either... drives me crazy :s

I've bought the TBS 5520 SE USB box (without remote control) and set it to my librelec (various versions tested) but couldn't get it recognized...

actual installation is the wonderfull 7.0.2.dvb_drivers by CvH / many thx for that built! I tried any "TBS driver" in the DVB Driver Configuration but without any luck / any change just took some time of thinking and a reboot - it does not give any feedback wich one is selected currently?

but the receiver does appear on lsusb only:

of course I "dmesg|paste"d > QCWY but as far as I understand the USB isn't recon' at all! right? It's the same with any TBS Driver so far! :huh:

Am I missing some steps? As mentioned this is a fresh install of LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.2-dvb-drivers-1.66 without any changes than the DVB Driver Configuration? I tried LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0.1-digital_devices without success and I missed the DVB Drivers Configuration addon?
    May the USB box corrupt? Or does the "SE" in TBS 5520 SE make any difference.

Any help appreciated - CvH ???