@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• Official Post

unfortunately with this image device is not booting, always constant lighting red and blue LEDs. It doesn't matter if I try to start from SD card or USB pendrive. It worth mention that I installed balbes150 SPI boot 20191003/spiboot.img. Should I use different one SPI?

I have an N2 (and N2+) with the latest petitboot spi image that HK published and all I do is write the SD card (or eMMC module) and ensure the boot switch is to the right, and it boots into LE without issues. I can't say I've ever tried USB, but mainline u-boot should support that too.

• I have an N2 (and N2+) with the latest petitboot spi image that HK published and all I do is write the SD card (or eMMC module) and ensure the boot switch is to the right, and it boots into LE without issues. I can't say I've ever tried USB, but mainline u-boot should support that too.

By saying newest SPI from HK you mean spiboot-20200511.img?

Your images is working, but only from SD card and with switch on the right position, which seems to be different form balbes150 images. There is no more screen flickering, so thanks for that.

You may be interested that both your and balbes150 images have bug (or LibreELEC does), that if you start Odroid with no kodi configuration (second partition from the image) then if you change language on first screen (in my case to Polish) then everything freezes and you have to purge second partition to make it work again.

• Official Post

I was able to burn "LibreELEC-ARMv8.aarch64-9.80-devel-20200720113414-38e34a4-amlgx.img" into a SD card, however, the image can connect to wire networks, but not to the wifi ,my box image is "meson-gxbb-vega-s95-meta"

Any suggestions to make the system connect at least I can get log report.

I checked the image on Telos, WiFi works. It is possible that Meta uses a different chip or needs different firmware. What is in eMMC ? What other systems have you run previously on this model ? Try running Armbian and checking the WiFi (it uses different settings and firmware).

It worth mention that I installed balbes150 SPI boot 20191003/spiboot.img. Should I use different one SPI?

When you set the switch to SD\eMMC, SPIboot is not used in any way and does not affect the launch from the SD card. If you have eMMC with u-boot, the SD card will not start.

• Code
    connmanctl
    agent on
    scan wifi
    services
    connect wiki_blahblahblah_psk

e123enitan1 SSH in and run "dmesg | paste" and share the URL while connected to ethernet, and then run ^ those commands and see if you can connect WiFi from the console.

URL for log http://ix.io/28NS, I followed the instruction, what is next?

Thanks

login as: root

[email protected]'s password:

##############################################

# LibreELEC #

# LibreELEC – Just enough OS for KODI #

##############################################

LibreELEC (community): devel-20200720113414-38e34a4 (ARMv8.aarch64)

LibreELEC:~ # connmanctl

connmanctl> agent on

Agent registered

connmanctl> scan wifi

Scan completed for wifi

connmanctl> services

*AO Wired ethernet_001518018131_cable

connmanctl> connect wiki_blahbLahblah_psk

Error /net/connman/service/wiki_blahbLahblah_psk: Method "Connect" with signatur e "" on interface "net.connman.Service" doesn't exist

connmanctl> connect wiki_blahblahblah_psk

Error /net/connman/service/wiki_blahblahblah_psk: Method "Connect" with signatur e "" on interface "net.connman.Service" doesn't exist

Edited 2 times, last by e123enitan1 (July 22, 2020 at 11:00 PM).

• I checked the image on Telos, WiFi works. It is possible that Meta uses a different chip or needs different firmware. What is in eMMC ? What other systems have you run previously on this model ? Try running Armbian and checking the WiFi (it uses different settings and firmware).

Click image for larger version</p> <p>Name: 207xcvr.jpg<br>Views: 315<br>Size: 30.7 KB<br>ID: 540750Frist-I changed the image to Telos, same issue,with Wifi not connected..

Secondlt-

'When I write the image to emmc, it appear to write successfully, when I removed the SD Card, the system will not boot to LE, the power is on the box but there is no Tronsmart start up logo the screen was just black. I reflash back to Tronsmart Android firmware, then went through the process of emmc, same issue the system will not boot from emmc.

Any suggestions to make it boot from emmc.

Thanks

• Official Post

Frist-I changed the image to Telos, same issue,with Wifi not connected..

If I understand correctly, you are trying to use DTB from the Telos model for Meta. It won't help , they have different equipment.

'When I write the image to emmc, it appear to write successfully, when I removed the SD Card, the system will not boot to LE, the power is on the box but there is no Tronsmart start up logo the screen was just black. I reflash back to Tronsmart Android firmware, then went through the process of emmc, same issue the system will not boot from emmc.

Any suggestions to make it boot from emmc.

The S905 models have a very old u-boot. It does not support installing the system in eMMC. There is only one workaround: install Armbian with u-boot replacement and then install LE. But replacing u-boot to limit the size of RAM used, you will only use 1Gb.

• If I understand correctly, you are trying to use DTB from the Telos model for Meta. It won't help , they have different equipment.

The S905 models have a very old u-boot. It does not support installing the system in eMMC. There is only one workaround: install Armbian with u-boot replacement and then install LE. But replacing u-boot to limit the size of RAM used, you will only use 1Gb.

Going via this approach will limit ability of the box to perform if the ram space is reduced to 1gb from 2gb.

• honentan You can either a) provide the information that I asked for (the device-tree filename you are using), or b) provide unrequested info about a Bluetooth node that is present in 99% of Amlogic legacy device-trees that has nothing to do with Ethernet. It's entirely your call what you share (free speech and all that) but only one of the two results in me taking any further interest in the problem.

NB: In legacy Amlogic devices 99.99% use a broadcom chip so we can use upstream and well supported brcmfmac WiFi and brcm BT drivers instead of the out-of-tree hackfest known as "dhd" that provides WiFi/BT in the legacy kernels. The mainline kernel does not use any of the drivers from legacy 3.14/4.9 kernels (which is a good thing).

understood. The dtb file I use is: meson-gxm-q201.dtb. In Android and armbian systems with the 3.14 kernel, the node name in the device-tree directory is bt-dev, and for versions higher than the 3.14 kernel, I haven't seen any one that can start Bluetooth normally. The Bluetooth hardware chip is RTL8723.

• Hey there, I have this mounting-problem at boot as well:

*** Error in mount_flash: mount_common: Could not mount LABEL=LIBREELEC ***

### Starting debugging shell for boot step: mount_flash... type exit to quit ###

Device: MagicBox TVPC

Previously running LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1 with gxbb_p201.dtb

Tried running:

LibreELEC-ARMv8.arm-9.80-devel-20200717085327-569f834-amlg12.img

LibreELEC-ARMv8.arm-9.80-devel-20200717121539-569f834-amlgx.img

LibreELEC-ARMv8.arm-9.80-devel-20200717152931-569f834-amlgxbb.img

LibreELEC-ARMv8.arm-9.80-devel-20200723152420-569f834-amlgxbb.img

Burned via dd

The default uEnv.txt is using "/dtb/amlogic/meson-gxbb-wetek-play2.dtb", which is starting, but the Remote is not working, LAN is not connecting and everything seems laggy. Since I've used "gxbb_p201.dtb" before, I expected "/dtb/amlogic/meson-gxbb-p201.dtb" to work for me, but it keeps generating the error from above.

What am I doing wrong? The SD card doesn't seem to be broken, since flashing the old LibreELEC 8.2 works perfectly.

• That tvbox looks like a clone of some mecool. Try the dtb that most closely matches your tvbox.

• That tvbox looks like a clone of some mecool. Try the dtb that most closely matches your tvbox.

Tried 13 different DTBs (each with different results) and I think the problem is that I misread the Title: S9xxx with triple x means that my S905 is just not supported.