@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• Menion Until early Jan when panfrost first started working nobody was really able to do anything practical with a mainline S912 device so the current upstream device trees are known to have fallen behind GXBB/GXL configs. I know he has VIM2(s) and a Vega S95 box, hence:

linux-9999-fix-vega-s95-dts.patch

S905D and S912 are pin compatible so some of the more proven GXL device trees might be a better starting point?

• I uploaded a test version for Odroid C2 to the website 20190124.

For use. After burning the image to the Sd card, it is necessary to edit the file "/extlinux/extlinux.conf " - specify the DTB for Odroid C2 in it. Checked on your Odroid C2. The standard audio output via HDMI does not work yet. Works USB sound cards (I checked several different models, everything works). USB WiFi works (I tested on one simplest option I have). KODI interface does not slow down at 1080p, the mouse works fast. The wired network works. Please check the operation of the standard remote control for Odroid C2.

I did this but after editing the extlinux.conf my odroid C2 doesn't boot.

I'm using this build LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-9.1-devel-20190129163529-2f2cce8.img.gz

Is there some other special treatment to boot odroid C2?

I've already tried writing the image on my emmc card for odroid C2 but still it won't boot somehow

EDIT: Sorry my fault i took the wrong image.

I wrote this image LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.1-devel-20190126205759-2f2cce8.img.gz and now it boots.

Is it possible to overclock odroid C2?

It was possible to edit the boot.ini file and set max_freq to 1752.

Are these settings move into another config file or is it removed?

I noticed that CEC isn't working or do i need to enable it in extlinux.conf somewhere?

Thnks

Edited 2 times, last by Marciano (January 30, 2019 at 11:25 AM).

• 1. Is Rufus with the boot DD option in settings the best way to burn your images?

You may need to use different recording software on different operating systems (and versions). I can not guarantee the operation of one program on all versions of the OS.

Do we also need the label to be LIBREELEC?

Yes, all my images use the label, so the functions are installed in eMMC is based on the label.

2. Are there any tools to build custom JeOS images like the ones that you can share with us?

Sory I don't understand your question.

3. Is it possible to switch between HDMI and AV ports automatically, without having to update disp_cap via SSH every time?

How can the system know what it needs to use (If both outputs are available and can output sound.) ?

Tried latest build on M96X+ box with q201 dtb. It boots but without network. No wired no wireless no bluetooth.

Try all dtb options for gxm* group

I have the same device, I have a friend, but we couldn't.

We could not make this image nor Multi-boot can do.

However, I would like to use a kernel-based version of version 4 *.

Without getting a log of the start process of the system (u-boot) from the console UART, no one will be able to help you. Do you know at what stage the error is ? I'm not psychic enough to guess it without a log or equipment.

do you have a S912 box on which your 4.x mainline (plus patch) kernel images run with a working network connection and USB? If so, can you please share (also pm are ok) which dts you use and the dmesg output after boot?

There is something to address here. Q201 dts use irq for phy link management, while apparently most of the box out there does not have it so polling shall be used. Also there are some box with ZTE phy that shall run default eth2 reg (the old cali_val attribute in 3.4.x amlogic kernel).

Are you interested in my s912 models on which I run LE or any Linux system ?

LE 4.20

Khadas VIM2 Basic 2\16 - work all (without BT)

Khadas VIM2 Max 3\64 - work all (without WiFi BT)

Tronsmart Vega S96 - work LAN USB remote control (no WiFi BT)

Also on these models works Armbian with kernel 5.0 (SD USB LAN no HW panfrost )

• a Vega S95 box, hence:

Vega S95 = S905

Vega S96 = S912

:)

Is it possible to overclock odroid C2?

It was possible to edit the boot.ini file and set max_freq to 1752.

Are these settings move into another config file or is it removed?

There are no such options in core 4 and core 5.

I noticed that CEC isn't working or do i need to enable it in extlinux.conf somewhere?

I didn't check CEC . I don't know what it takes on an Odroid C2. I've compiled the images for the Odroid C2 for trial only. The main image developer for Odroid C2 CvH. Try asking him.

• Quote from balbes150

Without getting a log of the start process of the system (u-boot) from the console UART, no one will be able to help you. Do you know at what stage the error is ? I'm not psychic enough to guess it without a log or equipment.

Greetings,

Dude, you're right. We think you know everything, but not like you said.

If I can find COM > USB Converter, I will give you the log information.

Thank you very much for your interest.

Best regards...

• Menion Until early Jan when panfrost first started working nobody was really able to do anything practical with a mainline S912 device so the current upstream device trees are known to have fallen behind GXBB/GXL configs. I know he has VIM2(s) and a Vega S95 box, hence:

linux-9999-fix-vega-s95-dts.patch

S905D and S912 are pin compatible so some of the more proven GXL device trees might be a better starting point?

chewitt if I use an Armbian with kernel 4.19.x I get working ethernet on my H96pro+ (S912 with Realtek phy) with nexboxA1 dtb as we discussed in PMs. The armbian dtb is quite different than the LE one. I tried to use it in LE build (before I knew it was on kernel 4.20) and obviously endup in kernel panic.

What I don't understand is why USB is down while on balbes150 hardware is up. All the differences between the S912 hardware should be on sensors and little else, USB and ethernet should be just the same except for the PHY IRQ story

• 1. You may need to use different recording software on...

2. Sory I don't understand your question.

3..How can the system know what it needs to use (If both outputs are available and can output sound.) ?

balbes150

1. OK I know it is a tough question given so many problems with booting from SD card/USB stick on different boxes/OSes.

But will DD on Linux always work to burn (write from HDD .img to SD) or read back (from SD to HDD as .img) ?

2. By development tools I mean something like what this thread says: 😂

[11/09/2018] Amlogic tools V5.5.0 [Funeral day] - FreakTab

3. Alright so auto-sense switching from HDMI or AV may not be possible.

How about adding a toggle menu under Power Settings whereby you can choose HDMI or AV display at next boot?

Maybe there could be a default setting ( HDMI) so user always has a display if there are problems with AV etc.

This way the user won't need to issue SSH settings to change disp_cap.

• I'm not quite compliant with the installation yet. Do I still have to copy the corresponding dtb file for my device into the root directory of the fw? Under the 8.x LE was the gxl_p212_2g.dtb, under 9.x is there only a meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb?

Rather, I have heavy graphic glitches on the boot screen and the remote doesn't seem to work. Picture seems to be normal under Kodi. Couldn't test so much yet because no more time. Has anyone successfully flashed the FW on an EgoIggo s95x?

Do I still need further precautions because of 4.x kernel?

• I have the mecool m8s pro plus (S905X), if i want to be able to use netflix and amazon prime hacked addons should i use the 32bit or 64bit image? Will those addons work with both the 3.14 and 4.x kernels? Is the 3.14 or 4.x kernel image considered the best? There are .tar and img.gz. Am i supposed to download both? I will be using the libreelec usb sd card creator btw.

• I'm stil using 3.14 kernel with balbes build from 17th december, and it's working great on my Minix U9-H (S912 chip).

What if I upgraded to the current 4.x kernel: What downsides does the new kernel with the open source Mail driver panfrost have currently?

• Guess I have to stay with 3.14 kernel then, no worries, works nicely!

Is it only/mainly the open source Mali driver panfrost which causes these headaches right now?
    When will this driver reach a useable state in your opinion?

You seem to be competent!
    Your keffiyeh convinced me! ;) --> Just joking!

• Panfrost comprises userspace mesa code which is in reasonable shape (enough to have initial patches merged into upstream mesa in recent days) but still has some lurking memory leaks and no 32-bit support which we need (no 32-bit userspace = no Netflix) and kernel side it's using a hacked ARM driver which needs to be superseded by a true panfrost driver, which is at the early stages of development. I'd guesstimate that Panfrost has a couple of months before some of the stability impacting issues are squashed.

Elsewhere in the mainline codebase we have 10-bit video and HDR, framebuffer compression, deinterlace, and multichannel audio to complete, but we have visibility on funded commercial work packages that should fill most of those blanks in the near future. There are also some signs of DVB support although the current code is "forward porting using a kernel backporting technique" so it will need restructuring to be accepted upstream, but hopefully that happens.

• There are also some signs of DVB support

Do you mean for external DVB cards/usb sticks or for the integrated hardware in the 905D (though, If I'm not mistaken, it only includes the frontend and the demod, the tuner is external)?

Anyway, even if it is the latter, the current code (which, by your "forward porting by kernel backporting" statement I assume that will be recycled) isn't squeezing the same performance from the tuner/frontend/demod (don't know which one is the culprit) as the android driver. At least with the avl6862 in the mecool KI pro I have.