Posts by ErsFreezy

Hello

I have a quick question about CEC.

On my X92 (8.2.5.1 in internal) I activated CEC and set that the box shutdown when I power off my TV. Is it possible to let the Box power up when I start my TV?

Or are there other options to power on/off the box? I dont use the standard remote, but should it be possible with an ir remote or smth else? Otherwise the box is 24/7 powered on..

Thanks

Thank you, Sholander and The Coolest. You guys pointed me in the right direction. I guess the T95Z had a hardware issue or something with the Ethernet port. The information led me to a command to limit the ethernet speed. Everything works now (still fighting to get the VFD working though) with LAN.

Even though I limited the ethernet to 100M, I'm getting faster than 100M speeds and can now stream files without buffer/stutter. So all seems to be well.

how do you solve this problem? I have a M8s Pro "912 1gbit 3gbddr4. In the LE settings there no Ethernet option.. so the sasme problem.

which device tree I should use?

Im on 8.2.5

sam problem on 8.2.2.3

ErsFreezy

1. I recommend you put the files into downloads/fd628.

2. Connect to the box, type in: (note: paths in linux are case sensitive)

Code
    cd /storage/downloads/fd628 
    sh test_led.sh

You can also run a search to see in which folder the files are:

Code
    find / -name "test_led.sh"

I said that I dont have a "downloads" folder, however I created one. But theres no file that named "fd628" only "fd628Service"..

When I type the cd or sh comman it come on both the same error: sh: cant open...

I think you're not typing the command correctly or you're not doing it from the path that you extracted the file into.

There's nothing preventing it from working on older builds, I'm running it on LE7 on one of my boxes, but kzsaq's build doesn't include it. I assume you added it to your builds - that's great.

Just to clarify: you don't have to 'compile' the addon, it's written in python, and available on github. Here's a direct download link from GH to the latest version.

I definitly type the command right. How I can select the Path in terminal? When I only typye sh install.sh or the test command it dont works. So first of all I must select the path? Is there a command for that?

I put the files in .kodi/media

I'm not sure to be honest.

It's simply impossible to test all AMLogic hardware combos and device trees.

The new ones are all based on @kszaq's originals anyway with mods for GPU overclocking.

I might recheck when I get time.

Are the new device trees only for gpu oc? I have now 8.2.4.2 with the device tree from kszaqs 8.2.2.3 and I activated gpu oc in the AML settings and everything works with no problems.

I tried to install this on my X92 3gb and 1gbit lan. Dont worked. I tried kszaqs 8.2.2.3 and it worked. Then I tried a update to your 8.2.4.2 audiofixv2 and chosed the 3gb, 1gbit device tree from your mega link and dont worked again. It freezed always on bootlogo. After I put the sd card with kszaqs 8.2.2.3 and his device tree and copied to internal the 8.2.4.2 version works.. Is there any mistake that I done? Or is there a error in the decive tree? I used in the 1000M folder gxm_q201_3g_1gbit.dtb and it dont worked.

ErsFreezy

I'm not sure why it's not working, what's the exact error message?

I always extract it into the downloads/fd628 folder. I suggest you try 'sh test_led.sh' first to make sure that it's working. 'sh -x test_led.sh' may show what line fails exactly. Sometimes there's a permissions issue, so you may need to run chmod to give the files execute permissions.

As I said, doing it this way is a pain, and I can't really support this. I use this method for testing on my dev box, but I can recommend its use for end-users.

the exact error: "sh: cant open 'tes_led.sh'
    Have I does the update dtb right? I only put a .tar and the correctly device tree from ur attached zips into the update folder. I have no downloads folder.. Only Kodi and Storage and in these there no downloads folder. I use LE in internal.

But the thing that I dont understand is why you attached 2 zips with device trees? Which zip is the correct one for 8.2.2.3?

ErsFreezy

Yes, VFD support is only built into Leia builds.

It's possible to make it work on LE8 builds, but it requires a bit of work and I don't provide support for it.

Look at this post.

So I put the device Tree in the update folder with an tar and it updated now. I extracted the zip in .kodi/media and run the code "sh install.sh" via SSH but I get an error: cant open install.sh

what now? I use 8.2.2.3 in internal. What do I wrong? I tried both zips with the correct device trees...

The X92 config file is already in the .config folder