[8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices

• Installed S905-Test2 version.

The first line subtitle stutter is still there.

Apart from that the system runs excellent.

The GPU overclock makes the box very snappy.

Files play quicker and seeking is also much faster.

Great build!

• I also observe that the first line of subtitle stuttering is still there?

• Thanks for this great build wrxtasy ! Really smooth menus and 4k video plays better than on kszaq builds

Unfortunately I ran into problem with external USB DAC. I have Breeze Audio USB DAC which worked flawlessly on kszaq build but after upgrade to your build it just stopped working. DAC itself is OK, I have checked it bu connecting to my laptop.

I can select it in Kodi as audio output but there is no sound. I tried fresh install of your build to different USB drive - no luck.

Is there any way to fix this?

I second this, my usb sound card also not working with latest Test2 build. Was ok with kszaq's and with a Pi.

My setup is this: set the global audio output to USB sound card, enabling passthrough with the known formats to the TV (LG B7) This way I can listen to music on the USB sound card and have sound with the special formats on TV.

But, there was a problem with latest kszaq build: there are videos with an AC-3 and DTS-HD sounds where I only get noise on the tv when I select the AC3 sound, and nothing when I select DTS-HD. With Test2 I have sound on TV, but USB sound card is not working.

More observations regarding sound:

With OSMC on the PI, I always get a notification on the tv about the sound format the movie is using. Same like with HDR notification in the upper right corner.

Edit: there is one time when usb sound card actually makes sound: during boot, before the words are appearing in the upper left corner, a high pitch noise comes from the speakers.

Edited once, last by benoe (June 29, 2018 at 8:26 PM).

• I also observe that the first line of subtitle stuttering is still there?

Yep, still there. I guess this issue is unresolvable. We have to live with it.

It might be related to TV. Only some users report this strange behaviour. I'm using old Panasonic's plasma TV. Maybe this stutter doesn't occur on new TVs. I don't know.

I got used to it.

• Yep, still there. I guess this issue is unresolvable. We have to live with it.

It might be related to TV. Only some users report this strange behaviour. I'm using old Panasonic's plasma TV. Maybe this stutter doesn't occur on new TVs. I don't know.

I got used to it.

I've never noticed it. I have S905, S905x and S905w boxes. I have a Panny plasma TX-P42X50B model. I've never noticed it on any of these boxes with all releases I've used up to and including the excellent wrxtasy latest release.

I'm very sensitive to video stutter, motion judder etc, so I would think I would notice it if it was occurring for me.

Does it happen on a fresh install without any extra addons or advanced settings? Just wondering.............

• I've never noticed it. I have S905, S905x and S905w boxes. I have a Panny plasma TX-P42X50B model. I've never noticed it on any of these boxes with all releases I've used up to and including the excellent wrxtasy latest release.

I'm very sensitive to video stutter, motion judder etc, so I would think I would notice it if it was occurring for me.

Does it happen on a fresh install without any extra addons or advanced settings? Just wondering.............

yes it’s happens in every aspect with or without fresh install or advance settings.

• I've never noticed it. I have S905, S905x and S905w boxes. I have a Panny plasma TX-P42X50B model. I've never noticed it on any of these boxes with all releases I've used up to and including the excellent wrxtasy latest release.

Subtitle stutter is related to S912 boxes. I have never seen it on S905 boxes...

This happens with first line of subtitles showing on screen and sometimes somewhere in the middle when there's a line with italic subtitle.

Happens to me with every Krypton and Leia build.

It's not visible in every movie but in some very.

Star Trek Beyond HEVC 1080p 10bit PSA rip is a perfect example. First line of subtitle "My name is James Tiberius Kirk" and the stutter is very big :)

• wrxtasy: do you really care for the Odroid C2 customers ? now i am feeling like you really give a very good software support. i am happy that i bought odroid c2 because you are solving odroid C2 users problems. keep it up

Finally had an afternoon free:

This is a 32bit ODROID-C2 LE 8.2.4.2 release, it is update compatible with @kszaq's C2 LE only:

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-C2.tar

If you look in the boot.ini file you can safely Overclock the C2's CPU's to 1.752GHz

The Overclocked C2 is still the fastest non-HDR S9xx device in the AMLogic arsenal, especially when used with eMMC flash storage.

:thumbup:

• LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-C2.tar

If you look in the boot.ini file you can safely Overclock the C2's CPU's to 1.752GHz

The Overclocked C2 is still the fastest non-HDR S9xx device in the AMLogic arsenal, especially when used with eMMC flash storage.

:thumbup:

Hi wrxtasy , please have a look at mine post here. In the S905X boxes, is there anyway I can max up my 2GB usable RAM and cpu_freq? As mine now running at 1.2GHz only, while I think this S905X might able to go up to 1.536GHz. Thanks a lot for your contribution.

• Android dtb says it's 1GB

The 2GB is like this

Code
        memory@00000000 {
            device_type = "memory";
            linux,usable-memory = <0x0 0x100000 0x0 0x7f000000>;
        };

Therefore, gxl_p212_2g.dtb does not start

Edited once, last by Emerson (June 30, 2018 at 3:19 PM).

• White , looks like you have been dudded.

That dtb from android.zip you supplied is for a 1GB device only.

I get the same as results as Emerson above.

Use the gxl_p212_1g from the following folder and rename it to dtb.img and also throw a v8.2.4.2 .tar into the Update folder and reboot:

MEGA

That will give you 792Mhz GPU clock capabilities. You only really need 1GB for AML LibreELEC anyway.

• I tried to install this on my X92 3gb and 1gbit lan. Dont worked. I tried kszaqs 8.2.2.3 and it worked. Then I tried a update to your 8.2.4.2 audiofixv2 and chosed the 3gb, 1gbit device tree from your mega link and dont worked again. It freezed always on bootlogo. After I put the sd card with kszaqs 8.2.2.3 and his device tree and copied to internal the 8.2.4.2 version works.. Is there any mistake that I done? Or is there a error in the decive tree? I used in the 1000M folder gxm_q201_3g_1gbit.dtb and it dont worked.

• I'm not sure to be honest.

It's simply impossible to test all AMLogic hardware combos and device trees.

The new ones are all based on @kszaq's originals anyway with mods for GPU overclocking.

I might recheck when I get time.

• I'm not sure to be honest.

It's simply impossible to test all AMLogic hardware combos and device trees.

The new ones are all based on @kszaq's originals anyway with mods for GPU overclocking.

I might recheck when I get time.

Are the new device trees only for gpu oc? I have now 8.2.4.2 with the device tree from kszaqs 8.2.2.3 and I activated gpu oc in the AML settings and everything works with no problems.

• Now after much struggle i installed 8.2.1 OC Version and afterwards i installed C2 GUI Version.

Now you released 32bit version. I cant simply drop it in update folder and update to 32Bit no? Is this better than 64Bit 8.2.3 GUI Version?

Can you tell me how to update without losing my current addons?

• Thank you so much for your response. I don't understand why I check in the System Info, free -m and AIDA64, they both see 2GB of RAM, is the Android dtb might has multiple device trees in 1 file?

And how about the cpu freq? I see the scaling_available_frequencies has the maximum of 1200000 only. Can we get 1536000 (1.536GHz) for this S905X chip, I think that the real maximum cpu freq of it?