[8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices

• Not all Mecool M8S Pro+ L have that button.

Mine doesn't so I just rebooted it in Android using ADB or inside Android since it is rooted already:

Install Termux in Android, open it and then

Code
    su
    reboot update

This will reboot it from SD

Just to confirm. The box in the picture is a Mecool M8S Pro+. It is not a Mecool M8S Pro L.

• Just to confirm. The box in the picture is a Mecool M8S Pro+. It is not a Mecool M8S Pro L.

My fault :)

Do they come with Android rooted ? If it so the method I propose should work. I have a H96 S905 which I made it boot to SD that way also. I think the "Reboot on LibreElec" Android app use that idea.

• Hello everyone.

I have the tanix box tx92 version 3 / 32gb DDR4 s912.

I tried to install it according to the instructions, but whenever I start the SD card by holding the reset button, the screen is frozen in the Tanix logo and nothing else happens.

Has anyone managed to make libreelec work on these tanix boxes?

• wrxtasy: do you really care for the Odroid C2 customers ? now i am feeling like you really give a very good software support. i am happy that i bought odroid c2 because you are solving odroid C2 users problems. keep it up

plikmuny did you try this release : MEGA

I install it on my Odroid C2 and every wrxtasy's tweak are in and work perfectly on my Odroid C2.

It was shared in this post : [8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices

• Just to confirm. The box in the picture is a Mecool M8S Pro+. It is not a Mecool M8S Pro L.

I have one of the original "plus" with the reset button, but thought they removed the button on the later "plus" boxes. I know, they removed it on a couple of my "L" boxes, but thought they did it also on the "Plus". But my memory is bad.

• plikmuny did you try this release : MEGA

I install it on my Odroid C2 and every wrxtasy's tweak are in and work perfectly on my Odroid C2.

It was shared in this post : [8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices

I want to try 8.2.4.2 Version. Because no matter which kodi 18 Version i try, it has a Video lag at the start and it stops oft while playing.

I am fed up of changing the Oses....

Moreover Odroid C2 is not a old Hardware. Now the developers are concentrating on the new upcoming Devices i guess. Did a mistake in buying C2. Should have bought a cheap s905 Box.

Do you have Video stuttering at the beginning of Video and also in between? I hate it. I have 50mbps here. Even then it sucks....

• I want to try 8.2.4.2 Version. Because no matter which kodi 18 Version i try, it has a Video lag at the start and it stops oft while playing.

I am fed up of changing the Oses....

Moreover Odroid C2 is not a old Hardware. Now the developers are concentrating on the new upcoming Devices i guess. Did a mistake in buying C2. Should have bought a cheap s905 Box.

Do you have Video stuttering at the beginning of Video and also in between? I hate it. I have 50mbps here. Even then it sucks....

only a solution in the short term since Kodi developers are determined to remove all the fixes which make the AML boxes work. They are trying to make AMLogic become more compliant with Linux standards - but since AML don't really care a damn for their small Linux base this is unlikely to happen. Expect these boxes to become more broken as time goes on.

The stirling efforts of the Open Source community to reverse engineer support into the Linux Kernel are slow as a snail and every time they get something working AML release a new chip with a totally new GPU which breaks things all over again. The real deep culprit is ARM who makes money out of licenses and so will not release source code for any of its patents and strictly prohibit their customers (AML) from doing likewise.

Intel and RaspPi are the only two manufacturers who will get reliable Kodi support in the future.

Shoog

• Does Coreelec works better in Raspberry than in Odroid C2 ? and without any Video Stuttering ?

• Moreover Odroid C2 is not a old Hardware. Now the developers are concentrating on the new upcoming Devices i guess. Did a mistake in buying C2. Should have bought a cheap s905 Box.

Patience Grasshopper, I do have a full time job you know.

64bit LE compatible with official LibreELEC C2 releases (not 32bit kszaq) start over on the Kodi thread:

ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46

All the later ones from that post onwards start including all my additions that the S912 and S905X releases have here.

I will try and look at a 32bit C2 compatible release this weekend.

Now back to the Aussie rules Footy...

• but since AML don't really care a damn for their small Linux base this is unlikely to happen. Expect these boxes to become more broken as time goes on.

All the doom and gloom - I'm sure the Open Source community and talented Linux developers can manage something that might be worthy of your high standards !

I agree with chewitt too.

• Hello everyone.

I have the tanix box tx92 version 3 / 32gb DDR4 s912.

I tried to install it according to the instructions, but whenever I start the SD card by holding the reset button, the screen is frozen in the Tanix logo and nothing else happens.

Has anyone managed to make libreelec work on these tanix boxes?

Hi, i have the same machine ;) . The error is because the device tree file is wrong, check with other. Cheers.

• Does Odroid C2 support ext4 file extension ?

• Hi there, I have tried your image with my MXQ Pro 4K (2GB RAM, 16GB storage, rtl8723bs,10/100Mbps LAN FC-518LS 1747) with the green board and code hx_s905x v2.42.

1. By using the device tree gxl_p212_1g.dtb, I managed to get it booted to LE. I have tried it with gxl_p212_2g.dtb but no success. Eventually, I only got 1GB of RAM usable. On Android, I have checked with System Info, free -m, AIDA64 and they both say the box has 2GB of RAM. Also on the board has 2 block of 256x4 memory cell, so I'm pretty sure this board has 2GB of RAM, not fake ones.
    2. Also, is the cpu_freq max at 1200MHz? I have heard that this S905x can go up to 1536MHz, is it right? So why we have to limited it lower than it can deliver? Maybe for stability or heat issues?

Could you please have a look at my dtb.img extracted from Android Nougat v7.1.2, and help me to modify a dtb version for my box to get 2GB of usable RAM? Thanks in advance.

Note: I have tried to de-compiled it into dts, but from there, I have no idea what to modify, as well as when I did some changes, compile it back to dtb, put in the sdcard, and it stuck at S905X logo :( It's not an easy process for me :((

White.