LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

• Could someone please tell me the relation between remote.conf file and actions in kodi?

I'm using a harmony one plus remote, configured as "minix u9" and a matching remote.conf (I guess).

Display Spoiler

#*********************************************************************************************************

#this file is configuration for each factory remote device

# work_mode 0 :software mode 1 :hardware mode

# repeat_enable 0 :disable repeat 1 :enable repeat

#

# factory_code each device has it's unique factory code.

# pattern:custom_code(16bit)+index_code(16bit)

# examble: 0xff000001 = 0xff00(custom cod) 0001 (index)

#

# release_delay unit:ms.release will report from kernel to user layer after this period of time

# from press or repeat triggered.

#

# debug_enable 0 :debug disable 1 :debug disable

#

# SW MODE:

# bit_count how many bits in each frame

# tw_leader_act time window for leader active

# tw_bit0 time window for bit0 time.

# tw_bit1 time window for bit1 time

# tw_repeat_leader time window for repeat leader

# REG

# reg_base_gen set value for PREG_IR_DEC_BASE_GEN

# reg_control set value for PREG_IR_DEC_CONTROL

# reg_leader_act set value for PREG_IR_DEC_LEADER_ACTIVE

# reg_leader_idle set value for PREG_IR_DEC_LEADER_IDLE

# reg_repeat_leader set value for PREG_IR_DEC_REPEAT_IDLE

# reg_bit0_time set value for PREG_IR_DEC_BIT0_TIME

#*************************************************************************************************************

#amlogic NEC remote

factory_code = 0xfe010001

work_mode = 0

repeat_enable = 1

repeat_delay = 40

repeat_peroid = 50

release_delay = 100

debug_enable = 1

left_key_scancode = 0x47

right_key_scancode = 0x15

up_key_scancode = 0x46

down_key_scancode = 0x16

ok_key_scancode = 0x55

key_begin

0x47 105 #DPAD_LEFT

0x15 106 #DPAD_RIGHT

0x46 103 #DPAD_UP

0x16 108 #DPAD_DOWN

0x55 97 #ENTER

0x40 1 #BACK

0x04 125 #MENU

0x14 115 #VOLUME_UP

0x10 114 #VOLUME_DOWN

0x0d 102 #HOME

0x18 116 #POWER WAKE

0x12 243 #SETTING_MENU

0x20 131 #ZOOM_OUT

0x21 130 #ZOOM_IN

0x22 217 #SEARCH

0x23 113 #VOLUME_MUTE

0x24 208 #MEDIA_FAST_FORWARD

0x25 168 #MEDIA_REWIND

0x26 164 #MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE

0x27 128 #MEDIA_STOP

0x28 163 #MEDIA_NEXT

0x29 165 #MEDIA_PREVIOUS

0x30 2 #1

0x31 3 #2

0x32 4 #3

0x33 5 #4

0x34 6 #5

0x35 7 #6

0x36 8 #7

0x37 9 #8

0x38 10 #9

0x39 11 #0

0x41 14 #DEL

0x3a 52 #dot

0x3b 28 #ENTER

0x3c 359 #RECORD

0x3d 94 #prog1

0x3e 95 #prog2

0x3f 514 #prog3

0x41 515 #prog4

0x42 177 #pageup

0x43 178 #pagedown

0x44 23 #info

0x45 24 #guide

0x48 402 #CH+

0x49 403 #CH-

key_end

I'm using kszaq's latest stable build - 8.2.2.3

Some buttons bring up some actions within Kodi, but not always the actions they are supposed to.

How or where can I reassign the buttons?

Some hints on where to start would be appreciated.

• Hey guys, i recently tried the 8.90.5 build. I did a fresh install over the previous 8.2 build. What i instantly noticed is that the IR remote is very sluggish and double/triple repeats sometimes. I did not have this issue in the 8.2 stable build, where my IR remote was working flawless and responsive.

Device: Tanix TX3 Mini

• Read the opening page 1.

I already tried "ir-keytable -D 375 -P 100" and "ir-ctl -t 50000" if that's what you mean. It made no difference, except now it repeats even more on every key input, and still very sluggish and unresponsive.

EDIT: The sluggish and delayed key inputs seem to affect only the up/down/left/right keys. The ok/home/back/menu buttons are still snappy and responsive.

Edited once, last by Orman (March 20, 2018 at 11:03 PM).

• So I upgraded to 8.90.6 alpha on my Mecool m8s pro+ box (used LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.6.img.gz file) onto external microSD card. And the remote does not work. Updated the dtb.img tree to the latest from the update directory (gxl_p212_2g.dtb). Also renamed that file to dtb.img. But the remote still does not work. So maybe it is not baked in as per previous version. I then tried to create the keymap and rc_map.cfg file.

SSH into Libreelec and stopped kodi and LIRC in SSH successfully.

Ran "ir-keytable -t" command and got the following message -

"/sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory

No devices found"

Checked using Winscp and true enough there is no /sys/class/rc directory. Obviously I also cannot create that directory manually. Any help or suggestions?

Edited once, last by sirzur (March 25, 2018 at 2:45 AM).

• The mecool remote configuration is still integrated into the image

No devices found means you are not using the correct DTB

I'm guessing you have LE installed on internal?

• Adamg - thanks for your builds and keep up the good work

Sorry - I edited the post later to say that I have it installed on microSD card. I dont know which other DTB to use. The Mecool m8S Pro+ that I have is definitely S905X chip and it is also definitely 2GB RAM - I checked in previous versions of your alpha build. The other DTBs are for kvim, lepotato, nand, slowemmc - none of which describes my player.

Any suggestions. Does the error message also suggest incorrect DTB? Also of note is that the CEC still works, so I can still control using the TV remote

• Thanks.

An update

Yes I downloaded the DTB from that directory. I also downloaded all the 2GB DTB and the generic 1GB and 3GB DTB and unsuccessfully tried them all. On some of the DTB, it would not even boot up pass the Mecool screen, so I can assume that the DTB is being overridden

So I finally re-wrote the 8.90.6 image to a new microSD card and the remote worked straight away. Looks like the update process from 8.90.5 to 8.90.6 (via placing the newest in the update directory) must have messed something up. I re-did the update 3 times, each time unsuccessfully.

One message that I got during the update process - "Dirty bit is set. Fs was not properly unmounted and some data may be corrupt. Automatically removing dirty bit". Maybe that affected the update process.

TL:DR - If having a problem (whether remote or TVheadend) after updating to latest, best to start from scratch

• One message that I got during the update process - "Dirty bit is set. Fs was not properly unmounted and some data may be corrupt. Automatically removing dirty bit". Maybe that affected the update process.

Possibly, I have seen that error message myself before.

I'm happy to hear you got it sorted anyway.

As much as I would like upgrading to work seamlessly, it is not always possible, especially with the Alpha releases there has been too many changes recently.

• Sky+ HD Remote

it needs the timing adjusting otherwise you get double clicks,this is achieved with
    # ir-ctl -t 50000

the post below lists how to make it survive restarts

autostart.sh should work, but it' be better to create a udev rule for that. Copy /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/70-input-repeat.rules to /storage/.config/udev.rules.d, and then add this line at the end (all in a single line, after the LABEL="end" line):

Code
    ACTION=="add|change", KERNEL=="lirc*[0-9]", DRIVERS=="meson-ir", RUN+="/usr/bin/ir-ctl -d $devnode -t 50000"

so long,

Hias

Edited 2 times, last by deanochips (March 27, 2018 at 11:26 AM).