LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

• Hi guys,

I have an S905x minim8S which was updated to Adamg's 8.90.4 LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha and lost remote control functionality. I spend most of my Saturday reading the forums and i tried many configuration files from here but nothing works. I've tried the following remote.conf that i've found for my device but didn't work. When i scan my remote, the hex codes i receive are 0x8052, 0x8025, 0x8027 etc. I replaced on wordpad "0x" with "0x80" but again it didn't work. Can anyone help? Thanks a lot.

• Hi all,

updated to Adamg's 8.90.4 on a Mecool K1 pro and, as expected, remote does not work. Anybody can point me to the right remote file in /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps as I understand that a number of them can work "out of the box" with the properly modified rc_maps.cfg? Tried the mecool but running ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0 reports no device found. And only the on switch works. Navigation is unresponsive. Any help would be much appreciated as I am rather busy at the moment and have no time for tinkering... TIA

Edited once, last by nanouk76 (February 18, 2018 at 4:36 PM).

• Hi all,

updated to Adamg's 8.90.4 on a Mecool K1 pro and, as expected, remote does not work. Anybody can point me to the right remote file in /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps as I understand that a number of them can work "out of the box" with the properly modified rc_maps.cfg? Tried the mecool but running ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0 reports no device found. Any help would be much appreciated as I am rather busy at the moment and have no time for tinkering... TIA

You need to update your DTB, nothing else is necessary for mecool

• updated to Adamg's 8.90.4 on a Mecool K1 pro and, as expected, remote does not work.

You need to update your DTB, nothing else is necessary for mecool

Get the device tree from the image. I had that problem on the Mini TX3 then used the device tree from the image which fixed remote.

I did a fresh install so maybe not the same issue.

• Get the device tree from the image. I had that problem on the Mini TX3 then used the device tree from the image which fixed remote.

Thanks for taking the time. I am pretty sure I updated the DTB from Adamg's repo for the upgrade... Anyway I'll take your advice and try that.

• Thanks for taking the time. I am pretty sure I updated the DTB from Adamg's repo for the upgrade... Anyway I'll take your advice and try that.

Get the device tree from the image. I had that problem on the Mini TX3 then used the device tree from the image which fixed remote.

How do i get device tree from image? have m8s and no remote whatsoever

• LE9.0 remote ir-keytable Amlogic device T95N Mini M8SPro II S905X

This files are ready only Copy/Paste!

T95N.zip

Use Filezilla over SSH.

1: Copy "T95N" file to /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/------->>>>>Paste in!!!!!

2: Copy "rc_maps.cfg" file to /storage/.config/------->>>>>Paste in!!!!!

Reboot.

Enjoy! :)

/CtrlAltDelEnter

• I don't seem to be getting the installation process to work for me. As I'm only capable of copying the commands into terminal, I don't understand what happens next when I've run ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0.

The terminal then says : "table from /etc/rc_keymaps or /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps". Is this a question or is it just a message to tell me what it has done?

I can confirm that the 2 files are in place (Lordjontan post #50 above) in their correct positions and that the rc_maps.cfg file has been appropriately edited. I copied them to their locations using kodi file manager.

i'd be grateful for any advice.

• sonofdibnah, if all is ok you will see:

Code
    # ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0
    Old keytable cleared
    Wrote 28 keycode(s) to driver
    Protocols changed to nec

check also if you use latest dtb file for you device.

• Привет всем ... Каков путь настройки конфигурации для консоли Mini MX S905 LE 9.0

Вот моя конфигурация консоли, ее можно установить ???

Спасибо .

:)

Edited once, last by sertem (July 11, 2018 at 10:09 PM).

• I'm trying to create a map for my M9CMax remote (it already works but there are keys that do not work such as 0-9 and backspace), I followed the procedure and created the map file:

But when I type "ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0" it shows me this error message:

Code
    Kodi:~ # ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0
     invalid NEC
    Invalid parameter on line 1 of /etc/rc_keymaps/m9cmax
    Can't load m9cmax table from /etc/rc_keymaps or /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps

I'm sure it uses the NEC protocol (since I tested it with the NEC param in the command, like suggested in the post #5) so where could be the problem?

Thx

• redsquirrel87 I had the same problem when I tried to create the file with Wordpad or Windows Notepad. So I had to make the file on github

Thank you very much, I used Medit to create it but the issue was indeed the same. By downloading (and editing) one of the existing ones on Github it works now :)

Now I just have to edit a couple of things (0-9 buttons give a weird result xD) and I'll share it when it will work flawlessy.