Posts by redsquirrel87

redsquirrel87 , hansje ,

you can check my post LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices for deeper configuration. I manually assign the keys. there are 2 examples, OLD is without longpress buttons and x92_keyboard with longpress(configured as keyboard)

And backspace work as backspace for text and as back in other cases.

Thank you very much, I edited my post with a new package that now includes also the XML keymap file. In this way now the backspace button works like it should xD

Thank you for the confirmations, I spent hours to test all the available KEY values to find one that could reproduce the "real" backspace function but none worked :( At the end as I wrote in the (for now invisible) post above I chose to map it to KEY_DELETE value, so that at least you can re-map it to the real backspace function by using the Keymap Editor addon (since if you use the KEY_BACK/BACKSPACE value then it can not be used in the addon to remap any function). Same thing about the 0-9 buttons (I could not find any way to reproduce the old behaviour), but for them well, it's not a big issue since even the new function is not so pointless at the end xD

Thank you, I already posted the files in a previous post but it is waiting for moderation, so it is not visible for now xD

However since you have the same tvbox, could I ask you a couple of questions? First of all, the backspace button works for you in the kodi virtual keyboard? Because for me if I map it to KEY_BACKSPACE it got the same function of the KEY_BACK button (so it closes the virtual keyboard instead of deleting the last character typed). Is the same for you?

And about the 0-9 buttons, on previous versions they simply wrote the corresponding number in the virtual keyboard (I mean, I pressed 2 and in the keyboard appeared "2"), now they give a "old cellphone" keyboard function (for example if I press 2 in the keyboard appears "a", with another click it changes into "b" etc...), is the same for you too?

Thx

redsquirrel87 I had the same problem when I tried to create the file with Wordpad or Windows Notepad. So I had to make the file on github

Thank you very much, I used Medit to create it but the issue was indeed the same. By downloading (and editing) one of the existing ones on Github it works now :)

Now I just have to edit a couple of things (0-9 buttons give a weird result xD) and I'll share it when it will work flawlessy.

I'm trying to create a map for my M9CMax remote (it already works but there are keys that do not work such as 0-9 and backspace), I followed the procedure and created the map file:

But when I type "ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0" it shows me this error message:

Code
    Kodi:~ # ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0
     invalid NEC
    Invalid parameter on line 1 of /etc/rc_keymaps/m9cmax
    Can't load m9cmax table from /etc/rc_keymaps or /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps

I'm sure it uses the NEC protocol (since I tested it with the NEC param in the command, like suggested in the post #5) so where could be the problem?

Thx