[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• We will get there one by one ;). The way mediabuild is handled will change in LE master soon otherwise I'd have PR'd it already. libamcodec can be changed/bumped too.

I'll wait for kszaq to upstream the S905X part. We will get there. Please do not hesitate to PR to LE even if you think it has a strict policy. We are very happy about every contribution.

• I know about this issue. It is common for hw decoded video (AMLCodec). You have to stop playback and then you can start new one.

afl1 do you see any chance that this issue can be fixed without letting go hw decoding? It is not a big issue but somehow annoying.

• We will get there one by one ;). The way mediabuild is handled will change in LE master soon otherwise I'd have PR'd it already. libamcodec can be changed/bumped too.

I'll wait for kszaq to upstream the S905X part. We will get there. Please do not hesitate to PR to LE even if you think it has a strict policy. We are very happy about every contribution.

I think I used a bad choice of words there, however I find it disheartening that bugfixes remain unmerged for days/weeks and improvements even longer, I'm grateful that you merged my last one in a matter of hours though.

I hope I made kszaq task a little easier anyway, it took quite some time to diff his 8.2 branch and make it compatible for the master branch, but I would certainly like to see his work up in there, I like running a bleeding edge copy and it would be good to get jenkins up and running.

• Check the devel folder on my server for the latest build.

Big thanks afl1, also to GDPR-2 ! By the way, after watching a video via a video addon, switching to DVBS2 gave me a "slow motion" DVBS2 stream/sound was normal yesterday. It was gone after reboot, I will see if I can reproduce it.

• I think I used a bad choice of words there, however I find it disheartening that bugfixes remain unmerged for days/weeks and improvements even longer, I'm grateful that you merged my last one in a matter of hours though.

I hope I made kszaq task a little easier anyway, it took quite some time to diff his 8.2 branch and make it compatible for the master branch, but I would certainly like to see his work up in there, I like running a bleeding edge copy and it would be good to get jenkins up and running.

Those things take time. Especially since we are not on any alpha's yet. It's still good to put bugfix PR's there so others can find them if they hit the same problem. Then we can easily merge cause the code is already reviewed and the issue is reproduced.

• Is IPTV Simple Client suppose to work in the latest build? When i play a channel, I get no rate change, picture or sound. And when i stop the stream kodi hangs.

• docooler You can't use 1024x768 with current kernel on Amlogic. The issue you are experiencing is due to a bug in Kodi free_scale implementation. I can't help much more now (mobile only) but you can try running these commands (and reboot):

fw_setenv outputmode 1080p60hz

fw_setenv hdmimode 1080p60hz

This worked. However, my projector did not work using these modes and shows only a blue line.

Changing the resolution in Kodi two 1080x720 makes the projector work, but the colorspace is wrong (purple).

• switching to DVBS2 gave me a "slow motion" DVBS2 stream/sound was normal yesterday. It was gone after reboot,

It happened to me using DVB-T using S905.arm-8.90.2-K from afl1 and i took a log.

log-2017-11-11-04.06.35.zip

It happens with GDPR-2 build as well.(signature)

I can reproduce it by changing channels using the number buttons on remote and it seems to happen on HD 1080i channels only.

When it occurs i switch to 720i channels and it plays fine. Switch to a HD Channel and audio is fine but video is slow motion with small buffer wheel appearing every 10 to 15 seconds but video stays slow motion.

CPU Usage over 300% displayed on screen when this happens.

Edited once, last by kostaman (November 16, 2017 at 10:09 PM).

• In your log I see SW decoding for h264. It have to be hw accelerated for all formats. Even SD h264 can heavy load CPU. Load over 200% is always issue for smooth playback.

PS

8.90.2-K is buggy . Use the latest GDPR-2 build.

• 1.0.6 - DVBViewer Client Stutters again on 720p@50fps Channels.

Offtopic:

I have no plan about Linux Development but, is this how it works?

For example, Tomato Router.

Function A works, Function B doesn't work.

The next Firmware Version its the opposite.

Function A doesn't work but Function B works.

Is it the same with Libreelec?

Is this a neverending Story?

• You are running LE9 which is not even on alpha stage.

There is no perfect box.

• In your log I see SW decoding for h264. It have to be hw accelerated for all formats. Even SD h264 can heavy load CPU. Load over 200% is always issue for smooth playback.

PS

8.90.2-K is buggy . Use the latest GDPR-2 build.

Nice pickup afl1

I just got home to check my settings and the issue is definitely the playback somehow locks itself into software decoding even though my settings should not allow that to happen.

See attached Picture.

When box first starts it uses HW Decoding but shifting back and forth through channels it suddenly uses software decoding.

Its like the settings somehow no longer registered after changing channels back and forth.

I set MPEG 2 from HD and UP to Always which stopped the issue.

MPEG 2 SD using HW is not very good playback and never has been for me.

MPEG 2 SD plays perfect.

PS: I received an Automatic UPDATE to 1.0.6 today. Went well.

I wasn't aware this would happen.

Nice one GDPR-2 ;)

• PS: I received an Automatic UPDATE to 1.0.6 today. Went well.

I wasn't aware this would happen.

Nice one GDPR-2 ;)

I have said for some time now that the build will automatically update but I could see from the server logs that people where still manually updating so I thought I wouldn't announce the new version this time and just push it out instead.

How it works:
    1. You get a notification that a new version is available

2. Your box will start to download the new version automatically
    3. You will get a notification when the download is complete

4. Reboot your box and the update will be applied

• as frequenzy says LE 9.x isn't even at alpha stage, afl1 is doing a great job at squashing amlogic kodi related bugs but things are changing in the source on a daily basis and bugs can only be tackled one at a time, all feedback helps but just keep in mind that this release should in no way be considered stable, you have to take them with a pinch of salt and expect certain things not to work. It's a great accomplishment by kszaq and everyone who has worked on getting LE onto our devices but everyone is doing the best they can to support LE running on a device that it was never intended to be run on.

• new update(and the test one from 12.11.17.) broke some stuff, this doesn't work properly any more [LibreELEC] Run RetroArch on your S905/S905X device! - FreakTab.com and works just fine in 1.0.5

now the kodi doesnt exit when i start retroarch and its flashing on the screen when i use the gamepad. i can see that gamepad is controlling kodi in the background while using retroarch menus.

There was some changes to game packages in the last release, I will look into this.