[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• This is probably a stupid question so apologies in advance. I have a KI Pro and its website says it has "eMMC" does that mean it doesn't have NAND and will work with the new build installed to internal?

Try it and see

Devices with OS installed to internal will not be officially supported as this feature will not make it into official LE, it's a community feature done at your own risk.

• You should share a sample file. No problem here even with 192 kHz audio, but I don't have any opus audio (not even know what it is).

Any file with multichannel audio that doesn't support bitstreaming (passthrough) has this issue. So any time the MINIX needs to output multichannel PCM, the sample rate is incorrect. I should have noted previously - stereo doesn't seem to be affected. Only multichannel (5.1, etc) audio streams are output incorrectly.

Are you saying that if you play a movie with a non-passthrough, 5.1 audio track (like mp3, aac, flac, etc) that it shows on your receiver as 48khz?

• I just bought minix neo u9-h, as recommended by wrxtasy , so what are the differences that I can feel between using kodi krypton android, libreelec 8231 kodi krypton, and libreelec 8904 kodi leia?

Better picture quality? Better UI responsiveness?

Also, where can I find device tree for minix neo u9-h? The link for device tree download at the front page is dead...

Edited once, last by sultanbrunei (February 27, 2018 at 11:22 AM).

• kjack9

I'm using passthrough. The word "non-passthrough" doesn't make sense for me.

If I play an 5.1, 192kHz/24 bit flac file then my receiver shows Multi channel PCM, 192 kHz, 5.1.

If I play a movie with an 5.1, 48kHz aac audio then my receiver shows Multi channel PCM, 48 kHz, 5.1.

The sample rate is correct every time with every value.

Edited once, last by Pelican (February 27, 2018 at 12:19 PM).

• belaid38  zbigzbig20 new devel version for you to try here.

Some important notes before flashing for you guys and some others.

The kernel in this dev image has been changed from kszaq/8.2 to official LE/9.0 pre-alpha, this is a big change and something I have held off from changing to for a couple of reasons which are listed below.

Maybe you do not pass this time my posting ;)

Did the update from 8.90.4 (installed on sdcard) to this devel build and... everything runs stable on my side and works the same way it did with 8.90.4. Could be a placebo but ui feels snappier.

• Maybe you do not pass this time my posting ;)

Did the update from 8.90.4 (installed on sdcard) to this devel build and... everything runs stable on my side and works the same way it did with 8.90.4. Could be a placebo but ui feels snappier.

This image is the first with that kernel.

The LE kernel uses a newer nougat source than the kszaq 8.2 one so I would not be surprised if this is true.

• Try it and see

Devices with OS installed to internal will not be officially supported as this feature will not make it into official LE, it's a community feature done at your own risk.

I gave it a go and it worked. It needed "installtointernal" to be run twice and the when it rebooted the device seemed to turn off rather than rebooting but other than that it installed and is running. Seems to be struggling a bit with 4k and 60fps video files though, not sure if that is related to the new kernel or something else, they played on the older releases.

• No version should be considered stable.

I have refrained from nightlies as there is not enough changes in LE on a daily basis to make this worthwhile.

The current schedule is a new build every 2-4 weeks.

Ok great. good to know.
    The download link in the OP is from 27 OCT 2017. which is 4 months old. Where does one find the most recent build then going by what you're saying there should be atleast 4-8 updates since then?

• Ok great. good to know.
    The download link in the OP is from 27 OCT 2017. which is 4 months old. Where does one find the most recent build then going by what you're saying there should be atleast 4-8 updates since then?

I don't know where you are seeing 27th October? but the last release was on 2018-02-13 and there has been that many releases if not more since that October date.

• GDPR-2 , I installed now new devel + new dtb on my wetek play 2 (sd card). Wifi works, adapters are visible in tvheadend with crazycat drivers selected but now is impossible to scan muxes on tvheadend (tested on tvh4.2 and 4.3 from LE repo) . If I press force scan in tvh webif options is nothing happens and in scan state is error

• Gave the devel a test on my KI pro. Playing 4K CPU ~100% stuttering playback and almost none responsive to remote or ssh. TVHeadEnd reports no Adapters.:)

ps. 8.90.4 works perfect;)

Edited once, last by 2re (February 27, 2018 at 5:05 PM).

• This image is the first with that kernel.

The LE kernel uses a newer nougat source than the kszaq 8.2 one so I would not be surprised if this is true.

Just compiled S912 build from your last branch.

Looks like GUI became smoother.

IPTV and 4k video works good as in 8.90.4

• GDPR-2

I

GDPR-2

I tested this

-When you choose dvb driver for tbs (crazycat) after reboot wifi work . remote control not work . tuner dvb is found but no signal in tvh 4.2 and tvh 4.3 and vdr 2.3.x

-When you choose dvb driver for hauppauge after reboot wifi work . remote control work fine . tuner dvb is found and work fine channels and scan muxes work in tvh 4.2 and tvh 4.3 and vdr 2.3.x

• GDPR-2 , I installed now new devel + new dtb on my wetek play 2 (sd card). Wifi works, adapters are visible in tvheadend with crazycat drivers selected but now is impossible to scan muxes on tvheadend (tested on tvh4.2 and 4.3 from LE repo) . If I press force scan in tvh webif options is nothing happens and in scan state is error

zbigzbig20 you need choose dvb driver for hauppauge Will scan channels