[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• This command will be executed automatically on future releases when using p281 dtb projects/Amlogic: disable deinterlacing on S905W · LibreELEC-AML/LibreELEC.tv@4ed503f · GitHub it has been noted that deinterlacing is an issue on S905W for some months now, this may have been fixed with the newer nougat kernel but we are still using the older one for now because it works the best.

Thanks Adam for your usual helpful response. Yes I fully understand and of course as always support and respect your good work here.

I was just making a point here as these days there seems so may so called updates in so many walks of life that I find end up being downgrades and was worried this might end up the same way. Sure I fully understand these are early test releases only and you are right to comply with the new default system for remote mapping. I will try to adapt my really nice Beelink MXIII II remote.conf file I use in LE8 to this new mapping system when I get my head around it. The key allocations I currently have mapped and use with LE8 I find very user friendly with all keys on the Beelink remote being mapped for useful purposes. If I succeed when and if I get time to try, I will indeed post it wherever is appropriate here for the LE9 remote mapping files. I will also do the same for my TX7 box too. Just finding the time as retirement can be so busy hmm :)

It's really not a hard thing to do if you follow the instructions to the letter, it is very easy, even easier than making a config the old way. You view it as a downgrade because what you are used to no longer works but this is not the case, you can now use ANY remote and any config you create can be used on any device be it an amlogic box or a rockchip based box or even an x86 box. Your TX7 remote should work out of the box because I already added the config for this remote into the build.

Like it or lump it but this is what official LE9 releases will be using so you will have to get used to it whether you like it or not if you want to use the latest versions of LE, sorry to be blunt.

• Name your Box/Remote to compare to others.

My TX3 Mini lags in receiving command presses. There is a delay.

Official Kodi Remote via my phone works perfect.

CEC is perfect with my Sharp TV Remote.

My box is Tanix 5 PRO.

I did clean install and the delay is still there.

• Name your Box/Remote to compare to others.

My TX3 Mini lags in receiving command presses. There is a delay.

Official Kodi Remote via my phone works perfect.

CEC is perfect with my Sharp TV Remote.

You can try playing with remote delay and period with ir-keytable, no need to stop kodi or eventlircd, just enter command in SSH and test

ir-keytable -D 500 -P 100

You can then add to autostart.sh to make it permanent

• I have a H96pro+ with an Amlogic S912 and the installation of the new LE-8.90.4 was without any issues and works very well. Great job! :thumbup:

But I've one question:

In the device_trees folder for S912 I found the "gxm_q200_2g.dtb" and the "gxm_q201_2g.dtb"

What is the different between "gxm_q200_2g.dtb" and the "gxm_q201_2g.dtb"?

Which shall I use for my H96pro+ ?

Paul

• Most S912 boxes is q200, if it doesn't boot then use q201

• Hi,

My Minix U1 works fine after the upgrade with the exception of two buttons on the remote (using the small one that came with the u1).

Home and Config buttons dont work...

I ran the test as per the post by GDPR-2 and the ir log gives the same values as in LibreELEC.tv/minix_neo at master · LibreELEC-AML/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub as expected but when I run kodi nothing happens when I push the buttons.

Oh, I also updated the dtb but it didnt help

Any ideas?

• It doesnt boots on AZW w95 box...we need an new dtb.img that covers s905W processors =x

this gxl_p212_2g.dtb doesnt works all time, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt....

are there any schedule about add s905w dtb images?

• GDPR-2 ?

This is included in the image now, you just have to enable it

As i already said the one for s905x doesnt works for me!

i will try the tanix one that is similar to mine and also s905w..but again, we need s905W dtb to work

The p281 dtb I uploaded is infact mostly just the p212 one.

The kernel in use by official LE has the proper p281 dtb unfortunately I don't use that kernel in these releases so the dtb would be incompatible, you would have to compile LE/master from source to use LE with the real p281 dtb.

• This is included in the image now, you just have to enable it

The p281 dtb I uploaded is infact mostly just the p212 one.

The kernel in use by official LE has the proper p281 dtb unfortunately I don't use that kernel in these releases so the dtb would be incompatible, you would have to compile LE/master from source to use LE with the real p281 dtb.

Got it, i will give it other try!

thank you