[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• Hello,

First thanks GDPR-2 for your work on this new build. I am excited :)

I have tried 'fixing' my ir remote by following the instructions to the letter.

My remote is a Rii i25, which has only a couple of ir keys to be reconfigured. All others are RF, including keyboard.

All seems fine, keyfile created after testing the scancodes and activated ('4 keys added to driver' is displayed in the SSH session).

After this, restarting services (or reboot), no IR keys are responsive consistently.

I can sometimes envoke 'context' which i assigned to a key, but only sometimes.

All others do not work.

I have to get on the road now, and i will be trying further when i return.

Right now i believe it has something to do with the rc_keymap i created, since it's complaining about the first line.

This i what i used. when first line is removed, keys seem to be added to the driver. When present, this is returned:

invalid NEC

Invalid parameter on line 1 of /etc/rc_keymaps/riii25

Can't load riii25 table from /etc/rc_keymaps or /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps

# table riii25, type: NEC

0x8051 KEY_POWER

0x801b KEY_BACK

0x8053 KEY_HOMEPAGE

0x8049 KEY_MENU

Any assistance is appreciated (no rush though ;-)).

Regards,

Atreyu

• The only thing I can think of is a formatting error in your file, but it looks fine to me, you can also scan other protocols with

ir-keytable -c -p lirc,rc-5,jvc,sony,nec,sanyo,mce_kbd,rc-6 -t

-c clears all saved or loaded keymaps

• You need to use linux file format. If you did it under windows it can be ^M in the end of each string. And it doesn't work after this.

Use vi or nano to edit and remove this ^M

• Thanks for the heads up Adam. I find more and more upgrades these days actually make things worse and harder to configure so I have to call them unnecessary downgrades. ALL upgrades should be improvements and make life easier, not harder. Sounds like I will stick with Krypton unless I see any real reason to change to Leia, and no NetFl;ix is not enough reason. Just my two pence worth.

So can someone list the actual real user benefits of Leia over Krypton ?? Netflix we can take as read, once that is we can use HW acceleration. Sure I know early days yet, but so far I see nothing to get folk excited about and no promise of any real user beneficial improvements. I would rather we kept what we have with Krypton and just build on it to make it better and better, like adding Netflix capability with HW acceleration to it. Why do they need to keep changing KODI so often ? The old adage comes to mind in that if it aint broke don't fix it, and that certainly stands true today as it always did.

I hope I can be proven wrong, time will tell.

• Thanks for the heads up Adam. I find more and more upgrades these days actually make things worse and harder to configure so I have to call them unnecessary downgrades. ALL upgrades should be improvements and make life easier, not harder. Sounds like I will stick with Krypton unless I see any real reason to change to Leia, and no NetFl;ix is not enough reason. Just my two pence worth.

So can someone list the actual real user benefits of Leia over Krypton ?? Netflix we can take as read, once that is we can use HW acceleration. Sure I know early days yet, but so far I see nothing to get folk excited about and no promise of any real user beneficial improvements. I would rather we kept what we have with Krypton and just build on it to make it better and better, like adding Netflix capability with HW acceleration to it. Why do they need to keep changing KODI so often ? The old adage comes to mind in that if it aint broke don't fix it, and that certainly stands true today as it always did.

I hope I can be proven wrong, time will tell.

That's your prerogative if you wish to stay with LE8.2, these builds are purely for testing and have never been marketed as final and so should be treated as such.

The IR changes are global across all Amlogic based devices for LE9.0 and they are an improvement because people should be able to use their Pioneer AV remote or any other remote if they want to, I knew this change would be troublesome for some users but I want to keep these builds as close to the official LE source as possible and not deviate from it.

LE8.2 development has stopped, all developers are now solely committing to LE9.0.

I use a Minix A2 airmouse on my Beelink Mini MXIII-II.

Will this remote work out of the box with the .4 upgrade with no keytable required?

Yes

• Remote configurations for WeTek/Mecool/Minix/Tanix (mini remote) have already been baked into the image.

Fresh SD Card Install.

Tanix TX7 & Tanix Mini have the same remote.

Both boxes not responding to any commands including red off button. CEC Works :P

• Fresh SD Card Install.

Tanix TX7 & Tanix Mini have the same remote.

Both boxes not responding to any commands including red off button. CEC Works :P

It could be your remote has a different set of IR codes, follow the instructions and upload the codes to pastebin for me

• Absolutely. I must stress i did the TX7 First.

I then inserted the SDcard without the Mini DTB as i knew the lcd would not work but i hope that isn't the cause of remote not responding ?

When you burn a the 8.90.4 image you get the latest device trees inside the device_trees folder, or if updating the latest ones uploaded today can be found at Index of /releases/dtb