[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• I am sending the unit back to amazon for a refund. I guess the whole market of these android boxes is f***ed up.

There is a saying if you buy cheap you end up buying twice.

I would not recommend Chinese boards period, pay a bit more and get either a KVIM OdroidC2 or LePotato.

• There is a saying if you buy cheap you end up buying twice.

I would not recommend Chinese boards period, pay a bit more and get either a KVIM OdroidC2 or LePotato.

What if one needs DVB-S2? None of these boards have DVB-S2 tuner.
    Odroid C2 $60 + USB DVB-S2 tuner around $100 versus something like KII Pro for $70 ?

• I am sending the unit back to amazon for a refund. I guess the whole market of these android boxes is f***ed up.

I suggest to try it one more time with fresh install. I don't own this box but had situation when my box didn't boot. What I did:

- removed all partitions from SD card and created new fat32 partition and formatted the card with quick format

- installed libreelec with Rufus

Give it a try. If it won't work send back the box a take one that is confirmed 100% working.

• What if one needs DVB-S2? None of these boards have DVB-S2 tuner.
    Odroid C2 $60 + USB DVB-S2 tuner around $100 versus something like KII Pro for $70 ?

That's untrue, the KVIM has a DVB-S2 board, are you really going to squabble over $30? that's pocket change to most people.

If you would prefer to choose something flimsy over something quality for the sake of a few $$ then that is your prerogative but going forward none of 'us' developers want to support these Chinese boards any longer, it's too troublesome... just look at how many DTB's there is and none of these manufacturers have worked with us or provided us their kernel source to support these devices.

• I sweard not to update too soon, but instead keep old versions until late beta.

I upgrade anyway from 8.90.1 to 8.90.2 and the following things are broken now:

- reboot does not work anymore

- wlan has very slow connection or disconnects on two different wlan adapters (8.90.1 works perfectly)

- language german is not possible anymore

Also for me wlan has very slow connection.

My box is a Beelink R68II (the same of Beelink GT1, but with external antenna)

i've done some tests:

my chipset is Aigale AW-CM273SM

vhRgpEUm.jpg

This is the connection rates at about 5 meters from a Fritzbox with LE 8.2.2.3 (only on 2.4Ghz band)

FCBCnpam.png

-53dB

This is the connection rates at about 5 meters from a Fritzbox with LE 8.90.2 or 8.90.1.1 (only on 2.4Ghz band)

99cFRchm.png

When in the other room with LE 8.2.2.3 i've a good connection, with LE 8.90.2 or 8.90.1.1 i can barely update ntp, sometimes i've no connection at all.

This is wlan relevant part of dmesg (LE 8.90.2)

Can be the new driver?

Can i test some alternative driver?

• Problem was firmware, it will not be fixed until 8.90.3 which will not be released until the end of the month, I can provide a dev version until then.

• Problem was firmware, it will not be fixed until 8.90.3 which will not be released until the end of the month, I can provide a dev version until then.

ok! so if you need a tester for a dev version, i'm here and i can provide feedback!

And thank you for your work on this LE build!

• That's untrue, the KVIM has a DVB-S2 board, are you really going to squabble over $30? that's pocket change to most people.

If you would prefer to choose something flimsy over something quality for the sake of a few $$ then that is your prerogative but going forward none of 'us' developers want to support these Chinese boards any longer, it's too troublesome... just look at how many DTB's there is and none of these manufacturers have worked with us or provided us their kernel source to support these devices.

I don't know anything about KVIM.
    I wanted to buy an Odroid C2 at first, but buying an additional USB DVB-S2 tuner didn't seem a good idea.

• I don't know anything about KVIM.
    I wanted to buy an Odroid C2 at first, but buying an additional USB DVB-S2 tuner didn't seem a good idea.

So you thought buying a device with no source code is available was a better idea?

If afl1 had not made the dvb_tv-aml driver then the K series would not be supported right now.

• GDPR-2

When you have time, please take a look at this:

GitHub - arthur-liberman/tx3mini_linux_fd628

(sorry for the mess with commits and merges, I'm still a bit new to github)

I added a sample.dts to show the new device tree properties.

That's great, it looks similar to how anpaza is doing it in his vfd driver, I think we could use this to expand support to more devices with the display.

The whole driver needs cleaning up and beautifying really.

Where are you getting the values for fd628_chars and fd628_dot_bits?

• That's great, it looks similar to how anpaza is doing it in his vfd driver, I think we could use this to expand support to more devices with the display.

The whole driver needs cleaning up and beautifying really.

Where are you getting the values for fd628_chars and fd628_dot_bits?

Yeah, the code has a lot of junk, but I didn't want to touch it too much.

The fd628_dot_bits will probably just work out of the box for all boxes, but I added this property just in case.

The values in fd628_chars are set up to work with my box, but I hope it shouldn't be too difficult to configure them for other boxes. Each number represents the 'index' of the respective character on the display.

So for my box index 0 is the 'dots' character, 1 - the hour x10, 2 - the hours, etc.

For other boxes the order of these indexes will have to be different if they are wired differently internally.

• Yeah, the code has a lot of junk, but I didn't want to touch it too much.

The fd628_dot_bits will probably just work out of the box for all boxes, but I added this property just in case.

The values in fd628_chars are set up to work with my box, but I hope it shouldn't be too difficult to configure them for other boxes. Each number represents the 'index' of the respective character on the display.

So for my box index 0 is the 'dots' character, 1 - the hour x10, 2 - the hours, etc.

For other boxes the order of these indexes will have to be different if they are wired differently internally.

Can you make a dts with the original values for the TX3 mini and use the GPIO settings here gxl_p212_2g_tx3mini.dts so I can test it on the TX3 mini, if you want your modified DTB to be included in all future builds send me a copy of it with the fd628_chars specified in it as well, thanks.

I will be doing 8.90.3 a little earlier than I expected so it would be nice to try and squeeze this in if it works well.

Edit: I've tested your changes along with an updated dtb for my device and they all work, so just send me your DTS, also make sure you install the fd628 service via addons if you want the extra icons lit up :)