[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• No bug reports will receive a response without logs, I can not help you without them and when you say you did a clean install... what exactly did you do?

• v8.90.2 has much stuttering on 4k WLAN-streaming with my BQEEL S912 Box. Buffer runs out. Streams have max 15000 kbit/s.

Going back to 8.90.1.1 - streams smoothly again.

i've added this to my advancedsettings.xml and stuttering seems fixed:

Code
    <videoplayer>
        <useamcodec>true</useamcodec>
    </videoplayer>
  • Hello GDPR-2 . I uploaded here: Paste.ee - View paste 5Vo66 my log regarding the problem i had playing videos via wifi on local samba share. For anyone that missed my previous posts, my mini m8s s905x used to play perfectly any videos via wifi from my samba share while on kszaq builds. On latest adamg builds, most of my videos play 1-2 seconds and stop. Of course i love adamg builds and this is why i want to make them work again. Thanks :)

Update: also from usb i can't play the same videos. I tried copying to usb a couple of them.

I confirm that this problem is solved on the latest version. Good work!

• No bug reports will receive a response without

yes friend all updated

I will provide some error files for review

, I can not help you without them and when you say you did a clean install... what exactly did you do?

No bug reports will receive a response without logs, I can not help you without them and when you say you did a clean install... what exactly did you do?

I will provide some error files for review

installation clean and from scratch without upgrading over another version!

already tried both

I will go provide the log files.

Thanks for the support GDPR-2

• Get a new Box! Jellyfish 140mbps 4k plays like a dream;)

Why a new box?

I've 2 S912 boxes and an Intel n3400, with 8.90.2 also 1080p content shutters on S912 (not on intel box).

With 8.90.1.1 i've no shutters also on S912.

Resolved with the advancedsettings mod... if you know a better solution please let me know.

Atm i think to return to 8.90.1.1 on S912 boxes

• Why a new box?

I've 2 S912 boxes and an Intel n3400, with 8.90.2 also 1080p content shutters on S912 (not on intel box).

Resolved with the advancedsettings mod... if you know a better solution please let me know.

I did have a better solution..... If you have a S912... Get a New Box :cool:

• Why a new box?

S912 is a problem device because a lot of CPU is wasted on libhybris.

• which box (S905x or S912 version chipset) plays jellyfish 140mbps 4K? Also mention the build name (Adam G or Kszaq)

I can recommend NexBox A95X or a MeCool KI Pro;)

-edit-

All the builds plays perfectly, but with the NexBox, you need a GBit usb Netadapter;)

• S912 is a problem device because a lot of CPU is wasted on libhybris.

yes i know...

But something strange happened, now i've removed the advancedsettings.xml setting to force amlcodec (like when just updated to 8.90.2) and i've no more shutters.

Maybe was an error, when just updated i've no HW decoder enabled.

I was thinking that <useamcodec>true</useamcodec> had enabled the HW decoder, but now, also without <useamcodec>true</useamcodec> i've the HW decoder on and i can play Jellyfish sample without frame loss or shutter with cpu at nearly 1% .... so a strange things...

kZi0ssmm.jpg