[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• The above goes for you as well kszaq

It's really nice to hear personal accusations after issuing a general statement, isn't it?

I would like to see some of your work being pushed upstream rather than me having to follow your changes every week, cherry pick and then push, it is very time consuming and also somewhat frustrating

There is no "upstream" for my work. There's LE master where the code was pushed by you and you stepped up to maintain it. And if you speak about your personal fork, you shouldn't expect the original author to maintain a fork.

I've already pushed all my Kodi patches upstream.

even more so when you forget to push your changes at all and one of us has to poke you to remind you.

I guess forgetting once (on New Year's Eve) to push 4 commits relevant to the very popular Le Potato board hurt many people? Especially that I pushed them a few hours later.

• It's really nice to hear personal accusations after issuing a general statement, isn't it?

There is no "upstream" for my work. There's LE master where the code was pushed by you and you stepped up to maintain it. And if you speak about your personal fork, you shouldn't expect the original author to maintain a fork.

I've already pushed all my Kodi patches upstream.

I guess forgetting once (on New Year's Eve) to push 4 commits relevant to the very popular Le Potato board hurt many people? Especially that I pushed them a few hours later.

It was not an accusation it was more of an observation because it is not the first time link. You are not the only person who develops in private forks, so it is in no way meant to be personal, it's just a pet hate of mine, I can understand you not wanting to make work public before it is final, I'm sorry if you misinterpreted this otherwise.

As for the fork it is a community fork which is in the process of being upstreamed, so I would hope you contribute further work there to benefit everybody moving forward.

There is now John Galts HDR work to upstream which is going to be mission impossible, had this been done from day 1 we would be in a much better position with LE/linux-amlogic.

• It was not an accusation it was more of an observation because it is not the first time link.

GPL doesn't oblige you to push the code every time you publish something, it requires you to make code available on demand. It is a courtesy that we all push our code to GitHub. I don't want to argue, it's just sometimes there's too much side work and we forget about things.

As for the fork it is a community fork which is in the process of being upstreamed, so I would hope you contribute further work there to benefit everybody moving forward.

I have explained in personal conversation that I have no time to work on Leia, at least not now and I won't push anything I can't test.

• GPL doesn't oblige you to push the code every time you publish something, it requires you to make code available on demand. It is a courtesy that we all push our code to GitHub. I don't want to argue, it's just sometimes there's too much side work and we forget about things.

I have explained in personal conversation that I have no time to work on Leia, at least not now and I won't push anything I can't test.

Actually GPL does oblige you to push the code every time you publish something
    GNU General Public License v2.0 (GPL-2.0) Explained in Plain English - TLDRLegal

Disclose Source

If you distribute this software in an executable, you must make your source code available by providing it alongside your distribution or listing an offer, good for 3 years, to obtain the code.

I'm not implying anything here before you get the wrong end of the stick and I fully understand you have a family and a life beyond LE and don't have the same time for this project any more.

• Just happened upon this page looking for an update on the progress for 9.0 (been a long time lurker)...

I'd honestly hate for development on this project (s9XX) to end because of some silly argument between developers.

Actually GPL does oblige you to push the code every time you publish something link

I'm not implying anything here before you get the wrong end of the stick and I fully understand you have a family and a life beyond LE and don't have the same time for this project any more.

He does abide by this rule adamg, even says so in his post which you seem to have ignored.

GPL doesn't oblige you to push the code every time you publish something, it requires you to make code available on demand. It is a courtesy that we all push our code to GitHub. I don't want to argue, it's just sometimes there's too much side work and we forget about things.

He discloses the source by publishing on git, it does not require it to be pushed. You state this in your own quote ("Or listing an offer, good for 3 years, to obtain the code.") so as long as he keeps the git available for 3 years.

Again, just want arguments to end and development to continue. Love this project, have my s905x set up as a home media system for my parents, using a router with a portable drive loaded with all their movies I ripped into .iso's. The like it, its simple enough for me to maintain, and it was cheaply done.

Mainly waiting on 9.0 for K18 push so I can get netflix on the hub and load up some classic games as well.

• What would be the advantage of a tvheadend server installation on android? I have problems with Android because the HW deinterlacing doesn't work under Kodi. With Libreelec everything runs smoothly.

It's marvelous especially when someone else do the work for free for you right?

• I have not ignored anything thank you and I have messaged kszaq to apologise if things have been misconstrued. I never stated kszaq does not publish his source if you read the thread correctly.

• Hi. About 3d autoswitch maybe You can ask @sam.nazarko (osmc project developer) . He fixed it in his latest build for vero 4k (amlogic s905x) :

The problem is this isn't going to work on a lot of devices. When AMLogic added checks for Dolby Vision, they disabled 3D signalling in hdmitx. DV and 3D use the same registers.

I was able to fix this with

elevutajev

but who knows if a lot of Android boxes will ever see an update with a fix from AML. This patch also fixes 3D autoswitching (and is why it hasn't been working properly for some time) for other files such as SBS files.

• It was only minor bug. 3D auto-switching is still broken.

Apologies, it's one issue I haven't had time to look into yet, I just saw the commit message and jumped to conclusions.

Hi. About 3d autoswitch maybe You can ask @sam.nazarko (osmc project developer) . He fixed it in his latest build for vero 4k (amlogic s905x) :

Thanks for the heads up, I have tried to look through the OSMC source but it is a complete patch fest that I can't make head or tails off.

• Hi guys,

I installed the latest build on my Mecool ms8 pro L and are using a CM6206-LX based USB sound card via SPDIF as my amp does not have HDMI. When I enable pass through for AC3 and DTS I just get popping. Sound works in non pass through but is 2 channel only of course. Any ideas on why?

• anyone using an ext4 usb HDD? I have been having issues playing uhd files be it .mt2s or mkv, they play for 1mn then they get choppy and the audio cuts off. I tried some other files on my NTFS usb HDD and they work fine. Then I downloaded the jellyfish 120mbs files and as I suspected, they play fine from the ntfs HDD but gets choppy/slow motion effect on ext4. Is this a known issue? Wanted to upload logs but the system gives me error using ssh or kodi to upload the logs I think they are too big.

Edit: from the log it appears that audio is also causing a lot of problems

Ubuntu Pastebin

Edited once, last by wapvi (January 6, 2018 at 7:05 AM).

• anyone using an ext4 usb HDD? I have been having issues playing uhd files be it .mt2s or mkv, they play for 1mn then they get choppy and the audio cuts off. I tried some other files on my NTFS usb HDD and they work fine. Then I downloaded the jellyfish 120mbs files and as I suspected, they play fine from the ntfs HDD but gets choppy/slow motion effect on ext4. Is this a known issue? Wanted to upload logs but the system gives me error using ssh or kodi to upload the logs I think they are too big.

Edit: from the log it appears that audio is also causing a lot of problems

Ubuntu Pastebin

i'm using ext4 on my NAS, and no issues with playing 4k videos via LE9

• i'm using ext4 on my NAS, and no issues with playing 4k videos via LE9

Me to.

But ext4 formated external HDD is no standard. I never formated external drives with ext4, using NTFS or exFat is working fine.

Lessons learned:

External USB-HDD in ext4 format connected @amlogic box is to slow to play high bitrate UHD video