[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• It's around 4 MB/s

edit: if i do the other way (copy file from the box to windows) its about 11+ MB/s

Now I attached my wifi stick and the file copy is ~9MB/s

and now I can play 4K HDR content properly

still don't know why my download speed (30 Mbit/s) is so slow on wired connection when my upload is ok (90+ Mbit/s)

maybe the driver has some bug ?

• As GDPR-2 is busy with porting S905 to LE master, I decided publish my update. This build fixes LE repository addons version issue by preinstalling them in image.

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.10-K.img.gz

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.10-K.tar

Release notes:

• re-added output_rgb parameter to force RGB mode
    • added 9082xs kernel module (thanks to alex for getting it for us)
    • fix Wetek Play 2 dvb driver start in default dvb driver addon
    • pvr.hts, pvr.iptvsimple and pvr.vuplus2 are preinstalled
    • CrazyCat driver addon: added support for Geniatech eyeTv T2 lite

If you have any version issue with addons inputstream.adaptive, inputstream.rtmp, imagedecoder.raw, vfs.rar, pvr.hts, pvr.iptvsimple and pvr.vuplus remove them in /storage/.kodi/addons/ and reboot box.

• Now I attached my wifi stick and the file copy is ~9MB/s

and now I can play 4K HDR content properly

still don't know why my download speed (30 Mbit/s) is so slow on wired connection when my upload is ok (90+ Mbit/s)

maybe the driver has some bug ?

could be a bad cable;)

• As GDPR-2 is busy with porting S905 to LE master, I decided publish my update. This build fixes LE repository addons version issue by preinstalling them in image.

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.10-K.img.gz

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.10-K.tar

Release notes:

• re-added output_rgb parameter to force RGB mode
    • added 9082xs kernel module (thanks to alex for getting it for us)
    • fix Wetek Play 2 dvb driver start in default dvb driver addon
    • pvr.hts, pvr.iptvsimple and pvr.vuplus2 are preinstalled
    • CrazyCat driver addon: added support for Geniatech eyeTv T2 lite

If you have any version issue with addons inputstream.adaptive, inputstream.rtmp, imagedecoder.raw, vfs.rar, pvr.hts, pvr.iptvsimple and pvr.vuplus remove them in /storage/.kodi/addons/ and reboot box.

Just installed this build. inputstream.adaptive, inputstream.rtmp are not available in /storage/.kodi/addons/ but I still get the dependency errors. Deleted imagedecoder.raw, vfs.rar but no change.

Since I updated to your previous build I have buffering issues with several video addons. Either the video stops and the loading circle stucks at 0-3 percent or the video starts to stutter. Moving 10 seconds to the future makes it work several minutes until it freezes again and I can jump again 10s. I do not have a debug log yet but I will keep an eye on it. Don't know if I'm the only one seeing this, then it would be me.

Edited 3 times, last by rosenrot (December 17, 2017 at 7:18 PM).

• It's (smb) like an old diesel, it works, but you'l always be driving in the slow lane;)

That's so not true if you have ever driven a remapped diesel like mine then they are anything but slow 😀

I never mentioned that I using Gbit connection :) my box (Mecool M8S Pro+) only has a 100 Mbit interface, but that should be enough for all regular 4K content.

My main concern why I got only around 30 Mbit speed ?

The problem is Samba, these CPUs can't handle much, I don't know what theme or add-ons/services you have running in the background but it all adds to the CPU overhead, If you check Kodi stats it's constantly munching 30-40% on a bare install, add CIFS too the mix and it doesn't help, iperf also uses the CPU to generate data, NFS is your real only solution I'm afraid.

As for upload that's because your reading data your not writing it to the buffers, those advancedsettings are too much as well.

• If you have any version issue with addons inputstream.adaptive, inputstream.rtmp, imagedecoder.raw, vfs.rar, pvr.hts, pvr.iptvsimple and pvr.vuplus remove them in /storage/.kodi/addons/ and reboot box.

Just installed this build. inputstream.adaptive, inputstream.rtmp are not available in /storage/.kodi/addons/ but I still get the dependency errors. Deleted imagedecoder.raw, vfs.rar but no change.

Same here. Cannot Update these addons, dependency errors.

• Amazon VOD is not working at the moment.

On 19.12. should a new version released from sandman which corrects the now-must-send-a-cookie-to-inputstream and streaming-url-has-changed bug.

• Thanks adamg for the latest build.

Unfortunately, it appears that hardware decoding is not available. I have hardware acceleration turned on but only software decoding is used.

• All, I to am having stuttering issues when streaming uncompressed Blu ray quality video across my network via SMB, ) I have a gigabit lan, source box is a Minimx s905 running Kszaq 8.2.1.2 (RJ45 interface 1gbit), I thought I might try changing to nfs, unfortunately the guide on the Openelec wiki has now been taken down, (this seems to be the go to guide for setting up nfs on Libreelec) can anybody recommend another good source of info. sorry if this is not the correct thread but I have read that some of you guys have switched from SMB to nfs.

• Thanks adamg for the latest build.

Unfortunately, it appears that hardware decoding is not available. I have hardware acceleration turned on but only software decoding is used.

Apologies for this I will correct it shortly.

All, I to am having stuttering issues when streaming uncompressed Blu ray quality video across my network via SMB, ) I have a gigabit lan, source box is a Minimx s905 running Kszaq 8.2.1.2 (RJ45 interface 1gbit), I thought I might try changing to nfs, unfortunately the guide on the Openelec wiki has now been taken down, (this seems to be the go to guide for setting up nfs on Libreelec) can anybody recommend another good source of info. sorry if this is not the correct thread but I have read that some of you guys have switched from SMB to nfs.

kszaqs thread would be best if you are using his build, NFS is supported out of the box with LE, you need either a NAS or linux box to run an NFS server.

• - Also confirm HW is not working

- Amazon Prime (inputstream?) is not working. I use the NEW Version that Sandman has released today - this version works fine on my ODROID with GDPR-1 s build. I also deleted the addon an reinstalled it. But kodi crashes:

than it crashes back to main menu.

• I just got Tanix TX3 Mini TV Box from Gearbest. It came with different Wi-Fi chip sv6051p. Wi-Fi works with LibreELEC-S905.arm-adamg-1.0.8, remote doesn't work. With LibreELEC-S905.arm-adamg-1.1.0 build Wi-Fi doesn't work, but remote is working.

• I just got Tanix TX3 Mini TV Box from Gearbest. It came with different Wi-Fi chip sv6051p. Wi-Fi works with LibreELEC-S905.arm-adamg-1.0.8, remote doesn't work. With LibreELEC-S905.arm-adamg-1.1.0 build Wi-Fi doesn't work, but remote is working.

Thanks for your bug report, I'm uploading a new version now which will fix this.

Because of the the rework some things where changed and wifi drivers was one of them.

• As everyone knows I have worked to bring the code by kszaq to be supported directly into LE-master so we can have 'official' builds at some point in the future, I still believe community builds have a much needed presence on this forum as they often contain features that may not be in official builds, it also reduces maintaince for community builders and should ensure everybody has a consistent experience (to a degree). This hasn't been an easy feat however as there has been some resistance from other developers due to Amlogic's lack of engagement with the open source community and talk of pulling support for AML devices completely.

I'm happy to announce though that builds for AML S905/D/W/X/ devices can now be provisionally compiled directly from LE-master and I would like to thank kszaq and GDPR-1 for keeping this project alive.

This community release has been reworked from the ground up from LE-master with the new code base with the following changes...

Display Spoiler

Added AML specific Kodi patches by afl1/ kszaq

Added kodinerds repo (contains Netflix repo)

Added installtointernal/rebootfromnand scripts

Added service to download libwidevine.so for Netflix automatically

Added streaming media addons (inputstream.adaptive etc...)

Added support for automatic updates

Added support for TX3 mini LCD

Added support for 9082xs WiFi

Addons can be accessed via Samba

Enabled SSH by default

Nougat kernel from kszaq with

- Support for output_rgb parameter to force RGB

- Support for HDR

- Various other changes

Retroplayer repo removed (addons can be accessed via LE repo)

Updated Kodi to its very latest source revision

DVB support is not supported in this build due to the fact that media_build is no more but it is supported in builds by afl1, support should be readded in the next release (hopefully).

Support for the TX3 mini LCD requires you to flash an updated DTB, this is only basic support at present and only displays the clock, alex has created a service that will show the icons if you want this.

Support for the 9082xs WiFi is provided on an as-is basis, alex has received a newer pre-compiled binary from Oranth which should fix issues with the ghost interface.

-edit
    Apologies for the initial posting of this release which did not have hw decoding, this is now fixed.