[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• The "volume key not working randomely" issue is gone.

Mecool KI Pro suffering from the reboot issue was solved by changing the sd card (though same brand).

Everything seems to be quite stable now.

Keep up the great work.

• The "volume key not working randomely" issue is gone.

Mecool KI Pro suffering from the reboot issue was solved by changing the sd card (though same brand).

Everything seems to be quite stable now.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks for the report :)

• I guess this was broken somewhere during Kodi development as it started to work right after Memphiz's PR was merged to Krypton.

Does this mean it will not be fixed in Leia? How can Memphiz's PR merged to Leia?

Are not all PRs, which are merged in Krypton in Leia also?

Sorry for the dumb questions... /shrug

• Does this mean it will not be fixed in Leia? How can Memphiz's PR merged to Leia?

Are not all PRs, which are merged in Krypton in Leia also?

Sorry for the dumb questions... /shrug

They are but the problem is code gets changed through refactoring, improvements and other changes and sometimes things get broken in the process.

• Thanks for joining your efforts and knowlodege into this, GDPR-2, afl1 and kszaq :thumbup:

Any chance that the Vorke Z6 LCD may work as well, like the TX3 one? If not, what info could I submit to help?

Thanks!

• Thanks for joining your efforts and knowlodege into this, GDPR-2, afl1 and kszaq :thumbup:

Any chance that the Vorke Z6 LCD may work as well, like the TX3 one? If not, what info could I submit to help?

Thanks!

It's an extremely awkward thing to add support for, it's easier when we have physical access to one which was the case with the TX3 mini.

alex also contacted the manufacturer (Oranth) who provided some needed code, they didn't give us the full source code but they did compile the kernel module on the architecture we requested for us which was also the same case with the 9082xs wifi kernel module, we kind of got lucky on both parts to get anything from them at all.

• I just tested the latest img with my KI Pro. The principal function of this is TV (Tvheadend and DVB-C) and emulators of retroconsoles.

Anyone tested emulators?

I tested 3 emulatores of NES and all fail and SNES work bad. PSX was impossible to run for me.

• Anyone tested emulators?

For me, the best NES emulator is NEStopia UE, which is absent in recent builds.

I really don't know how it works, why old version has disappeared from repo?

I trid building it myself running "PROJECT=Amlogic DEVICE=S905 ARCH=arm scripts/create_addon game.libretro.nestopia"

but got an error during compilation

../libretro/libretro.cpp:1:10: fatal error: libretro.h: No such file or directory

I believe it's because of moving libretro.h from "nestopia/libretro" to "nestopia/libretro/libretro_common/include" in this github repo - GitHub - libretro/nestopia: Enhanced version of Nestopia for Linux, BSD, and Windows

I don't have programming skills to make PRs so did some things for myself.

I found that a commit in the github - kodi: update binary-addons/emulation packages · LibreELEC-AML/LibreELEC.tv@adfeae4 · GitHub

Reverted changes in packages/emulation/libretro-nestopia/package.mk and packages/mediacenter/kodi-binary-addons/game.libretro.nestopia/package.mk in my local copy, and then compiled addon with

PROJECT=Amlogic DEVICE=S905 ARCH=arm scripts/create_addon game.libretro.nestopia

and got this file - Yandex.Disk

I installed it, and it works!

As for SNES, I use Snes9x 2010 Emulator. It works with most games' i've tried.

• First of all congratulations for the good work guys! You make our boxes smarter and we thank you for your effort. :)

Your last version , even though it's pre-alpha, looks quite stable to me. I've got an s905x mini m8s. I've noticed just one bug after your last 1-2 updates. When i start playing videos from my nas over wifi, most of them stop after 1-2 seconds. Some play normally. I haven't noticed a pattern. I tried both x264 and x265, 720 and 1080. It didn't happen before with the first adamg or with all kszaq releases. Maybe is it a buffering issue? Should i change any setting?

Thank you guys and i wish you a happy 2018.

• Updated binary and emulation addons will be uploaded with the next release tomorrow can I ask that you check it again then and let me know, thanks :)

• First of all congratulations for the good work guys! You make our boxes smarter and we thank you for your effort. :)

Your last version , even though it's pre-alpha, looks quite stable to me. I've got an s905x mini m8s. I've noticed just one bug after your last 1-2 updates. When i start playing videos from my nas over wifi, most of them stop after 1-2 seconds. Some play normally. I haven't noticed a pattern. I tried both x264 and x265, 720 and 1080. It didn't happen before with the first adamg or with all kszaq releases. Maybe is it a buffering issue? Should i change any setting?

Thank you guys and i wish you a happy 2018.

It's most probably a buffering issue, even more so over WiFi, smaller files are less susceptible to it where as larger files you will most certainly notice it, also if you are using Samba switch to NFS (I don't know if you are already).

• It's most probably a buffering issue, even more so over WiFi, smaller files are less susceptible to it where as larger files you will most certainly notice it, also if you are using Samba switch to NFS (I don't know if you are already).

I'm not sure if it is related but I do see buffering issues using random video addons. If the source quality is very high and the internet speed is slowed down, the video starts to stutter. Sometimes the buffering ring is shown but not always. If I jump 10s further, video runs smooth until the next buffering. Also this happens since the last 2-3 builds of GDPR-2. I can not really see a pattern.

I hope it goes away with your next build, otherwise I have to check the debug log.

• I'm not sure if it is related but I do see buffering issues using random video addons. If the source quality is very high and the internet speed is slowed down, the video starts to stutter. Sometimes the buffering ring is shown but not always. If I jump 10s further, video runs smooth until the next buffering. Also this happens since the last 2-3 builds of GDPR-2. I can not really see a pattern.

I hope it goes away with your next build, otherwise I have to check the debug log.

This is perfectly normal, if you can not download a file quick enough then of course it will buffer, it is the exact same issue when streaming media over the network, a 20mbit connection should be enough for 4k streaming though so either your connection is really slow or your ISP is not very good, sometimes there can be contention issues depending on your provider or the problem could even be on the remote side where the source has too many downloaders and not enough bandwidth.

• I have just started the build process for 8.90.1 for LePotato/S905/S912 and all of the addons, the auto updater has been fixed for S905/S912 so updates should be available by tomorrow if testing goes okay.

The changes can be viewed here.