(Implemented) Pi-Hole

• One year later, but I have a question regarding this addon. I've been trying both Pi-Hole and AdGuard Home these past week to see how they worked. I kind of like AdGuard more, since I can use Cloudflare for DNS, but I have an important issue and it's that Chrome (or chromium based browsers) won't block ads on Android. I can see apps blocking ads, other browsers (the one that comes with MIUI) also do block ads, but Chrome and Samsung browser didn't.

I guess it's some kind of misconfiguration on my part? I'm using your Pi-Hole right now (which blocks everything) but I would really like to use AdGuard. Running this on some chinese TV box with libreelec installed, in case it helps.

• One year later, but I have a question regarding this addon. I've been trying both Pi-Hole and AdGuard Home these past week to see how they worked. I kind of like AdGuard more, since I can use Cloudflare for DNS, but I have an important issue and it's that Chrome (or chromium based browsers) won't block ads on Android. I can see apps blocking ads, other browsers (the one that comes with MIUI) also do block ads, but Chrome and Samsung browser didn't.

I guess it's some kind of misconfiguration on my part? I'm using your Pi-Hole right now (which blocks everything) but I would really like to use AdGuard. Running this on some chinese TV box with libreelec installed, in case it helps.

Did you set up adguard with block lists?

• Did you set up adguard with block lists?

I think there was one already in place, I then added the Spanish list and another one (annoyances? I think). Ads were being blocked correctly in PC browser and apps.

• Hi,

I installed Pi-Hole in my Raspi2 following the instructions of the 1st post (LinuxServer.io + Pi-Hole addons)

Then, I have updated in the router the DNS server with my Raspi IP address. I've just filled the primary DNS, I've tried to set null in the secondary one, but the router replaces nulls with 0.0.0.0.

In the Pi-Hole dashboard, I've set the DNS to use the Cloudflare ones.

I have updated the default blocklists, and the dashboard indicates that it is blocking 93k domains.

I can navigate throw Internet, and the webpages are being resolved fine, but I don't see any blocked request in the dashboard...

Can anyone help me please?

• For those that want to run docker manually from SSH CLI in its native form, it works fine, I've been using it a month.

Happy to post how when I get home, it's pretty simple.

I just installed the LinuxServer.ios addon version of pi-hole and it work, but I noticed that it is outdated (v3.3.1) :(

Can you please post how you did, FeFiFoFum ?

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)

My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b