Posts by elonesna

Sorry, I don't know what you're talking about, I've had 18 docker services running for a long time on LE 9.2.6-x86_64 as a 24/7 server, and I never (*) had the problem you describe. Check your containers.

(*) Only once, I installed a container that was abusing disk storage space that was not freed up, but it was a very old container that I replaced with a newer one. The problem was immediately fixed by the cleanup and removal mechanism of the LE 'docker' addon. To see this I look at the size of the automatic backups that run every three days. I also occasionally use the 'cputemp', 'gputemp' and 'sensors' commands to check that the temperature stays below 45 degrees.

I think there are no major differences between CoreELEC and LibreELEC. CoreELEC is for Amlogic devices, and LibreELEC covers many more devices. In short, you will not notice the difference in performance.

What puzzles me about your device and I can't see is why do you use 'dotnet', what operating system do you use? In my case it is quite simple: I use coreelec including tvheadend, docker, entware, wireguard and zerotier services.

You have to check your settings, I use LE as a main server on a mini PC, but I also have another remote secondary server similar to yours, armv7 Amlogic S912 with CoreELEC so you can compare: average CPU load 2% - temperature 51ºC. This secondary server gives us TV channels from SAT Hellas, receives TV channels from SAT Astra and all the media library from the main server.

LE doesn't have htop

Install the LE addon 'System Tools' and 'htop' is ready

the 224% CPU seems about right for these slower SoC's. Recording 3 streams and watching one is much less CPU intensive which is probably a better use case. TVHeadend on the RPi3 might be a little lighter

I no longer know if you are talking about NextPVR or LibreELEC. 224% CPU is certainly excessive and I would say impossible for LibreELEC. If this happens with NextPVR then the thing to do is avoid any type of transcoding to recover low throughput values. Recording three streams simultaneously can be very taxing when done on USB flash drives, but not on internal system storage.

I have read above something about .deb installers that I don't quite understand, LibreELEC does not support this and installation on Linux machines can create headaches, for this reason and others I suggest the installation of tvheadend docker service.

For those who want to install the tvheadend service in a minute and ready to go, on almost any platform, including LibreELEC, I suggest this installation SSH command:

docker run -d \

--name=9981-tvheadend \

--net=host \

-e PUID=0 \

-e PGID=0 \

-e TZ=Europe/Paris \

-e RUN_OPTS="--satip_xml http://<satip1>:<port>/desc.xml --satip_xml http://<satip2>:<port>/desc.xml --satip_xml http://<satip3 >:<port>/desc.xml" \

-p 9981:9981 \

-p 9982:9982 \

-v /storage/.config/dockers/tvheadend/config:/config \

-v /storage:/storage \

-v /media:/media \

--privileged \

--restart unless-stopped \

linuxserver/tvheadend

Previous requirements:

• SSH access
    • Docker service already installed

Characteristic:

• Execution 'root'
    • Full access to /storage and /media in LibreELEC
    • Configuration directory located at /storage/.config/dockers/tvheadend/config
    • Directory for automatic running scripts on tvheadend service startup located at /storage/.config/dockers/tvheadend/config/custom-cont-init.d

What you want to do I do with the tvheadend service within LibreELEC. I have tried others like Jellyfin, NextPVR and Emby but none satisfies me as much as tvheadend for managing and organizing TV channels and EPG guides. The docker linuxserver/tvheadend version also allows easy installation and integration into LibreELEC of other video processors such as vlc and streamlink in addition to the default ffmpeg processor for piped streaming of problematic IPTV sources.

When you get to know tvheadend you'll see that it's great: it supports hardware tuners (it's not a recommended option because driver support has been less and less for a long time) and SAT>IP tuners. Other external tuners: HDHomeRun, VBox TV Gateway, and other Enigma2 tuners, can be easily integrated into the tvheadend service in the form of an IPTV m3u list.

My tvheadend service handles all kinds of TV sources, USB tuners, local and remote SAT>IP tuners, coming from another remote tvheadend server and all kinds of IPTV m3u lists from local servers, and from the internet, as well as seventeen different EPG sources.

In short, I recommend that you spend a little of your time studying tvheadend.

Forget about mysteries, ghosts and hardware failures in your RPi. Go to settings and delete your WiFi connection, then connect again and enter your password again. If the first time doesn't work, delete the connection again and try again. If it continues to fail, it is most likely that your WiFi is subject to interference from other WiFi: Install a WiFi analyzer on your smartphone to find out what is happening and finally change the WiFi broadcast channel on your router.

I'm also waiting for a solution for your problem, meanwhile I'm still with LE 9.2.6. I have also seen that with a desktop x86_64 Linux distribution (Ubuntu or Mint) and compiling the drivers, and installing my entire collection of docker services, tvheadend works fine but I am too lazy to abandon LE because it works very well, it is very robust and I don't know corrupts, and backups work just fine.

This is the SSH command to install docker firefox. I tried this a year ago and it worked.

docker run -d \

--name=3000-firefox \

-e PUID=1000 \

-e PGID=1000 \

-e TZ=Europe/Paris \

-p 3000:3000 \

-v /storage/.config/dockers/firefox:/config \

--shm-size="1gb" \

--restart unless-stopped \

linuxserver/firefox

Using a wireguard client in LibreELEC with a DDNS server can cause a terrible headache. In CoreELEC it is very easy to do this in the following way:

1.- Install entware, command: installentware

2.- Install entware-wireguard, commands:

opkg install wg-quick

opkg install wireguard-tools

opkg install wireguard-go

3.- Create wg0 as file /opt/etc/wireguard/wg0.conf with the content similar to this:

[Interface]

Address = 10.10.10.5 # local-ip-of-wg-interface

PrivateKey = ... # private-key

ListenPort = 51820 # wg-port

[Peer]

PublicKey = ... # public-key

Endpoint = <dynamic-dns-of-server>:51820

AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/1,128.0.0.0/1 # instead of 0.0.0.0/0

4.- Start the wireguard service with the command: /opt/bin/wg-quick up wg0

Note.- If you don't want to redirect all traffic to wireguard interface and want to keep the default route, then you can use

AllowedIPs = 10.10.10.0/24, where 10.10.10.0 is the wireguard subnet

What you say does not make sense, talk to the administrator of your zattoo service

(I run a pvr hts service for my family, and I automatically restart the server every day at seven in the morning to pick up any connected clients)

I don't know if I understood your problem, but if you add

-v /storage:/storage \

-v /media:/media \

to the installation command you will be able to access almost any LibreELEC directory, or your external storage, from within the docker transmission service

Tip: Forget about internal docker directories /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.system.docker because you will never need them for anything

I use three protection systems on my home network: pihole with over 1.5 million domains blocked, skynet firewall with over 40,000 IP addresses (and over 1,700 ranges) blocked, and Trend Micro protection. Well, pihole protection system of my home network prevent me from accessing mullvad.net, and when I add this domain to the white list, then the Trend Micro protection of my router appears. In short mullvad.net is unsafe for me.