Posts by elonesna

... you can enable kodi's webserver, you can configure and control quite a lot of things with it ...

Sorry if I don't agree with you. SSH, SFTP, and VNC are the three must-have tools for handling an unattended remote device. The inability to use VNC is a major reason not to buy a device.

I have no problem with my x86_64 and amlogic devices.

The answer is yes. The way to do this is harder to tell because I am not familiar with Adguard VPN and I assume it will modify the routing and DNS of your device. Basically it is about starting the PiHole service and redirecting all DNS requests to it.

I don't know what you want. The rest when we do not want to have partition duplication errors we use some precautions: (1) we use linux to save and recover partitions in another storage, and (2) we verify the recovered partitions before using them.

Sorry, my opinion is different if the option is that in order not to have security holes then we should not share anything, which is evident. LE is not security oriented but we can try to encapsulate it in reasonably secure VPN networks, and even use internet access services from providers that use CG-NAT which are quite common today. One thing is certain, you must take security very seriously in any matter related to internet communications.

Your question itself has a very long answer that needs knowledge, some simple and others somewhat more complex.

You need, first of all, the setting up of an ftp server on your device (this is easy with the ProFTP-Server addon included in LE), and remote client access, on your friend's device, to the ftp server (this it's also easy with "Kodi share search" in LE). With these two things your friend will have ftp access to your hard drive when you are both on the same WiFi and you both know the IP of the other device.

The most complex part is the connection from the internet. There are many alternatives and all of them must use VPN techniques, I suggest you use Zerotier. You should create a virtual network where, for example, lan could be 10.10.10.0/24 with two devices, 10.10.10.1 the IP of your device, and you should authorize your friend's device with the IP address 10.10.10.2. Once this is done, your friend can now use the ftp client and connect to your ftp server at IP address 10.10.10.1 from anywhere in the world. Obviously it is necessary to install the Zerotier service on your device and on your friend's device. You don't need ddns, or open ports on the router, or anything.

You will have to start studying!

You give little information but I see that using docker with 2 GB of RAM is not the most appropriate, nor do you say the size of your storage that could also cause problems, and finally you do not say the name of the docker image that you are testing.

I can only say that docker works great, I have seven services running permanently and four other services that I start or stop when I need them. Updates to docker images are also done automatically without any problems.

Docker: 9.2.0.127

HW: x86_64 RAM: 8G

... can see it streams (rtsp://192.168.0.14:554/11 or /12) in vlc or ie + fp in a win computer normally.

When i try it in kodi 18.9 + Rpi4 2Gb , got nothing. I tryed with add-on surveillance cameras and with a strm file ...

These last few days I have been studying how to use, see, and record, from an IP camera accessible from LibreELEC. As I did not know everything, I have been looking for docker services, and almost none can work on small devices with an arm processor, and those that work as kerberos do not allow continuous recordings, they only allow recordings by motion detection through software, which leads to the use of CPU and impermissible heating. In the end I have not found any practical and usable software so I have had to make one that can work with any CPU.

The commands are:

• the 'find' and 'rm' command is responsible for deleting a record older than 7 days
    • 'ffmpeg' command records continuous 30 minute video and audio files
    • /storage/shared is for me a network directory mounted with sshfs shared and visible by all my multimedia devices that is physically located on a hard disk managed by LibreELEC
    • the saved files have a practical camx_yyyymmdd_hhmmss.mkv format
    • I have chosen the mkv format because it allows ffmpeg to record any codec even if it does not recognize it

With all this, the workload of the remote arm recording device and of the x86_64 LibreELEC server, are very small.

Obviously seeing the image of the IP camera in real time is very easy, you can use the Surveillance Cameras addon or add it to your list of TV channels. For me it is more practical to do it with my smartphone and VLC.

Hope my solution gives you ideas on how to solve your problem.

Sorry, I can't answer you, I only use the official LibreELEC kodi addon tvheadend.

You may need to look up information about tvheadend to use sockets in a way similar to:

Using socat: cat tv.xml | socat - UNIX-CONNECT: /path/to/xmltv.sock

Using netcat (from the nmap project): cat tv.xml | nc -w 5 -U /path/to/xmltv.sock

Using curl: cat tv.xml | curl -d @ - -m 5 -X POST --unix-socket /path/to/xmltv.sock Google

I don't use this and I don't know if this is supported by LibreELEC.

After some time guide.xml is in /data folder.

I don't know how to connect /data/guide.xml with tvheadend (I use tvheadend from linuxserver.io)?

You need to study a little more about docker. You have two alternatives: (1) Search with Google "How to mount a host directory in a Docker container", or (2) Search with Google "How to copy files from docker container to host"

No one has commented on the hardware in use with the WiFi adapter. I have seen on the deb driver installer that your adapter needs to load the driver modules 8821cu or 88x2bu. I have two similar adapters, one uses the 8821cu module, and the other uses the 88x2bu module, both work perfectly with CoreELEC on arm Amlogic aarch64 processors, and I can use the 5GHz band without problems. When I connect these adapters to my LibreELEC device x86_64 stops working and the system only recognizes the internal Intel Wireless iw* adapter.

Hi, i just installed libreelec on my mac mini late 2012.

Seems to work fine except for docker add on.

I installed portainer and a few others docker apps but once the mac restarts, everything i installed is gone.

Is there some additional settings i need to configure to fix this?

at the start of the PC.

I'm using docker with LibreELEC (x86_64), CoreELEC (aarch64), and Linux Mint (x86_64) and haven't seen any problems and nothing goes away either. With some exceptions, all previously started docker services start automatically at startup. In Linux Mint is necessary to execute the start command of the docker services and override the password entry for the sudo command, at the PC start.

Maybe you need to delve into the tutorials on how to use docker and portainer.

Sorry if my opinion bothered you, but it is based on experience, although I give you the reason that you can use your wireless adapter to watch multimedia in SD quality. When you get tired of your WiFi adapter, install an ethernet cable and you will see HD or 4K content without problems as the best alternative to installing a 5GHz WiFi adapter.

... I had read that the Tl-wn722n dongle was instantly recognized. Which is true, without drivers or anything special, works! The problem is that speedtest (in kodi) detects me 8mb download speeds (maximum 15 and in a very volatile way) ...

Don't think too much, you have an old WiFi adapter and not suitable for multimedia, not even using Windows. Your adapter could theoretically work but the requirements are so demanding that this is highly unlikely (the biggest problem in the 2.4GHz band is interference). Buy an adapter that works on the 5GHz band and your problems will disappear if your access point is not far away and the level of interference is small. Despite everything, from time to time you will see frozen images for a few moments.

Also take the opportunity to look at wikipedia something about WiFi networks Wi-Fi - Wikipedia, taking into account that the theoretical maximum speeds are half the link speed because they are half duplex links.

Sorry,

"OpenVPN without SSH": I don't understand what you mean, openvpn and ssh are not related.

"I want is to install OpenVPM on LibreElec": not clear, do you want to install an openvpn server on RPi3-LibreELEC and an openvpn client on your computer?

"My RPi3 is on a different network to my computer": not clear, is it necessary to go to the internet to establish a route from RPi3 to the computer?

"I just want to add a repository that has OpenVPV included": I don't understand anything

Please explain yourself better.

Note.- LE or the Kodi addons do not offer simple solutions for installing VPN servers. The OpenVPN server is the most difficult to configure, the WireGuard server (and also the client) is easier to configure from docker with the help of the linuxserver/wireguard service. Finally, if you have some knowledge of networks, the simplest solution to connect several devices is with the zerotier virtual network (I say this because here it is not necessary to open ports in any router, nor to establish bridges between interfaces when connected devices to zerotier network), to install this service in LE I recommend the docker bltavares/zerotier service.