Posts by zed85

Did you find a box? Looking for something with similar specs, only be using it to play mkvs from external hard drive. Could do with gigabit LAN as I have 1000mbps internet. I've done a lot of reading on this thread but feeling a bit confused... I suppose the simple solution would be a Minix U9 but that's almost Nvidia Shield money where I live!
    Currently using a cheapo x96 s905x 1gb ram box that I had gathering dust in a drawer, it works but sometimes buffers or freezes with high bitrate 4k mkv's.

Nope. Been looking for native Android TV boxes but none of them supply al my demands.

What architecture is the most future proof?

I mean an Android box with the Android tv OS.

What do you advice in that? Like Mekool KM3...

Hi there,

I would like to buy a new box with libreelec support.

Important specs for me are;

- Amlogic S905 or newer (what processor is the most future proof?)

- Minimal 4 GB RAM

- Preferably 1000Mbps LAN + Wifi

- SPDIF sound output

- Box what can output Dolby TrueHD en DTS-HD Master Audio

- For the future, 4K TV support?

What box do you guys advice?

Hi there!

I own an Beelink Mini MX Ver 1.0. (2G/16G Amlogic S905 Quad Core 2.4GHz/5.8GHz HDMI 2.0 Bluetooth 4.0 Support Gigabit LAN)

At the moment i'm running [8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X on the box. I installed it to internal memory and it's working like a charm!

When I used the original Beelink Mini MX remote, I could use te remote to start the Beelink Mini MX, and start LibreELEC 8.2.3.1.

I'm using an other remote right now, (the one in the picture below) but I can't start the box with it. I need to manually plug in the power plug to let it boot.

HTB1L11gX4rvK1RjSszeq6yObFXae.jpg

How can I make this remote to boot the Beelink Mini MX, running LibreELEC 8.2.3.1 ?

Or how can I make this remote work to boot the Beelink Mini MX, running LibreELEC 9.0 ?

Hi there!

I own an Beelink Mini MX Ver 1.0. (2G/16G Amlogic S905 Quad Core 2.4GHz/5.8GHz HDMI 2.0 Bluetooth 4.0 Support Gigabit LAN)

At the moment i'm running [8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X on the box. I installed it to internal memory and it's working like a charm!

When I used the original Beelink Mini MX remote, I could use te remote to start the Beelink Mini MX, and start LibreELEC 8.2.3.1.

I'm using an other remote right now, (the one in the picture below) but I can't start the box with it. I need to manually plug in the power plug to let it boot.

How can I make this remote to boot the Beelink Mini MX, running LibreELEC 8.2.3.1 ?

HTB1L11gX4rvK1RjSszeq6yObFXae.jpg

Does anybody know what the difference is between the following lines in the remote.conf?

work_mode = 0

work_mode = 1

And the next question... How can I test if my remote can send IR-signals (to boot up the box) to my box?

Hi there!

I own an Beelink Mini MX Ver 1.0.

(2G/16G Amlogic S905 Quad Core 2.4GHz/5.8GHz HDMI 2.0 Bluetooth 4.0 Support Gigabit LAN)

My question is... the remote I'm using it the following remote. But it's not working that great anymore. Some buttons don't react every time I use it...

And I would like to have a remote with some more function-buttons so I could program them to do some other kodi-functions.

2015112601811478mjd6ov8.jpg

I have a few questions...

Can I just buy an other remote? What remote do you guys advice? How do I get kodi to recognise the remote?

Hi there!

I own an Beelink Mini MX Ver 1.0.

(2G/16G Amlogic S905 Quad Core 2.4GHz/5.8GHz HDMI 2.0 Bluetooth 4.0 Support Gigabit LAN)

My question is... the remote I'm using it the following remote. But it's not working that great anymore. Some buttons don't react every time I use it...

And I would like to have a remote with some more function-buttons so I could program them to do some other kodi-functions.

2015112601811478mjd6ov8.jpg

I have a few questions...
    Can I just buy an other remote? What remote do you guys advice? How do I get kodi to recognise the remote?

there have been users on this forum ( zed85 ) claiming they don't experience the same issue, which is why I believe there has to be a solution that does not include trashing the whole thing

True. My brother has a H96 Pro Plus Amlogic S912 (or +) and can power up the device with his remote. He can also power down the box with his remote.
    There is no working Android ROM (corrupted by internal installation) on the box anymore. I tried to install to internal after installing it to SD card first and that failed... Now he is running Libreelec from SD card and he can power up and power down the device.

See the following post for the remote.conf he is using right now.

remote.conf repository

3. zed85 provides information for the ROM with working boot/u-boot, users test it, if it works - we all flash this boot/u-boot.

Happy! :P

It seems that's all, folks.

For now... :)

There is no working Android ROM on the box anymore. I tried to install to internal after installing it to SD card first and that failed...

Now it's booting libreelec from SD card.

there have been users on this forum ( zed85 ) claiming they don't experience the same issue, which is why I believe there has to be a solution that does not include trashing the whole thing

It would seem our only hope here at least in the short term is for zed85 to confirm what Android ROM version he has on his box. I would still like to know which dtb.img he uses, too, although it has been said that it is most likely irrelevant to the issue.

I tried to install libreelec to internal memory but that failed. so I am not running a working android version on the box anymore.

I'm just running libreelec from SD card.

See the following post for the remote.conf I am using right now.

remote.conf repository

Also shutting down the device (H96 pro plus s912) with the remote works.