Choosing a S905 / S905X / S905D / S905W / S912 box guide

• Power OFF does not work with LE/CE on SD card. Power ON works if the Power Off is done within Kodi Power Menu.

With this box, as with X96Mini and with all my other apliances, I use an old Logitec Harmony 525 IR remote. Harmony is loaded with some similar box data (I don't remember the model) and major commands worked except Power ON. For that funktion to work I made direct copy from original IR remote to Harmony remote via IR sensors...

• Power OFF does not work with LE/CE on SD card. Power ON works if the Power Off is done within Kodi Power Menu.

With this box, as with X96Mini and with all my other apliances, I use an old Logitec Harmony 525 IR remote. Harmony is loaded with some similar box data (I don't remember the model) and major commands worked except Power ON. For that funktion to work I made direct copy from original IR remote to Harmony remote via IR sensors...

It's not correct

Power off and power on correctly works. What problem do you have with power off?

• After going round and round for a week or so I've just ordered a Minix U9-H with A3 remote after coming to the conclusion that it's the best option at the moment. Also GearBest currently has them on offer.

Am I right?

I'm also thinking that it's the best option except that I don't like A3. I can use other remotes. It's too big and bulky.

• At the moment I think Minix U9-H is the best for 4K HDR HEVC 10bit. But ultimately I will get an Intel NUC when it can support all that with hardware decoding. NUC has no optical out and with my LG OLED TV and audio drops with the TV Optical out, Minix U9-H might be better than Intel NUC for me.

• I found a review with tables that have many characteristics to understand what it is all about. I generally only one does not understand HDMI splitter and wireless HDMI are the same things or not?

• Anyone else has problems with freezing on Live TV with Wetek Play 2, dvb-s tuner and TVHeadend?

After about 30minutes the image freezes and the system is not reacting to any remote command.

• Anyone else has problems with freezing on Live TV with Wetek Play 2, dvb-s tuner and TVHeadend?

After about 30minutes the image freezes and the system is not reacting to any remote command.

This is not a Software support thread. You issue is software related and not a hardware problem.

Please start a new thread about the issue.

• Sup, wrxtasy pointed me to this Forum/Thread, I need a replacement for my old RPi3s, because of 4K, HDR, 10-Bit and h.265 Material (also, DTS, but that always seemed to have worked fine) .

Hi10P is also quite important for me, since i need it kinda often.

He Suggested a S912 device with Gigabit-LAN, especially the Tanix TX92 (Most Bang for the Buck)

and also recommended a Remote over using my Phone but I red that Bluetooth-Remotes suck.

And here's the point, the Tanix comes with a Bluetooth remote and everywhere i go, I read that its really bad.

So can anybody confirm this,

or which device would you suggest as the go-to S912 device?

The Price is kinda secondary, but ofc the cheaper, the better.

• Price secondary then don't stuff about - get a MINIX U9 - comes with a Wireless WiFi remote that you can use with any operating system.

I've tested CPU software decoded 11Mbps 1080p Hi10P Anime with the Subtitles Fixed - 8.4.2 (S912) Krypton image I've been playing with.

And it all plays back smoothly.

I would say other S912's show similar performance - IF they do not Overheat when using demanding CPU Software decoding of 1080p Anime. That quickly tortures and heats up AMLogic SoC's.

The MINIX U1 & U9's have class leading heatsinks in them and rarely get above 55 degrees C.

See Post #1 of this thread for details.

• Ok, seems like I'LL NEED a WiFi Remote, since i want to place die Mediaplayers behind my TVs and the Minix comes with an IR one.

And this is where it gets kind expenisive, the Minix NEO U9-H is 159€ with the Airmouse Remote...and i need at least 2 (if not 3). And 125€ with ne regular remote.

a) Will I be able to turn the Device on/off via remote?

b) Aren't there any cheaper S912 devices with good enough cooling?

Maybe even a good combination with / or a recommended remote.

• I got an X92 S912 box for about 60 euro. The temperatures with original cooling went up to 65-68°C (No OverClock)

Simply replaced original heatsink (40x40x6mm) with THIS heatsink (36x42x15mm) for about 2 euro, and cut out top cover over new heatsink. Now my SoC temperatures go up to max 54-56°C with GPU overclocked to 972MHz...

Edit: dimension of the original cooler only 38x38x6mm

Edited 3 times, last by Sholander (April 18, 2018 at 1:58 PM).