Sorry for yet another "what should I buy" questions, but damn, this is confusing. Thanks for this great thread, forum, and LibreElec in general. Thanks.
What I want:
- Kodi with LE. I don't need Android, dual boot, or another else.
- GB ethernet
- no netflix or other streaming. Just Kodi (reading files from my Linux server)
- 4K/HDR remix streaming
- Dolby Atmos support
- can boot directly into Kodi
What I have:
- Apple TV. Can run Plex. Can do 4K/HDR. Cannot do Atmos (go figure)
- 2016 LG OLED TV. Can run Plex. Can do 4K/HDR. Cannot do Atmos.
- Odroid C2. Can run Kodi. Can do Atmos. Can do 4K. Cannot to HDR
- Yamaha RX-A2050 receiver and 5.1.4 speakers set up. The 2050 can pass through 4K/HDR
From what I've read, The TX92 and the MINIX U9 are the top contenders.
Question 1: Anything better that would meet my needs? New Odroid?
Question 2: Does it matter which brand TX92? Do I need 3GB of RAM, or is 2 OK?
The Vero 4K looks good, but a little pricey, but not much more than the U9
I think you should wait for the new 2018 nucs i3 and up....