Posts by AllanMarcus

Oh joy. Thanks for the info. Seems like I should wait until the next version of the AMLogic Linux Kernel or wait for Apple to add Atmos to the ATV4K.

Any ETA for the new kernel and LE?

Check this out MECOOL KI PRO
    S912 devices (TX92,MINIX U9 ) doesn't have proper GPU driver (for now) in linux and it may plays videos choppy with subtitles, Vero 4K has its own OS called OSMC not the LE.
    MECOOL KI PRO has a Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, support for HDR10 and HLG, Video Codecs: 10-bit H.265, and VP9 Profile 2 up to 4K60, H.264 up to 4K30.
    keep in mind all S9xx device which has HDR capability produce fake HDR 8 bit and not true 10bit colores.

Thanks! I'm willing to spend a little more money to get better quality. What's the next step up from an S9xx device that meets my needs?

Sorry for yet another "what should I buy" questions, but damn, this is confusing. Thanks for this great thread, forum, and LibreElec in general. Thanks.

What I want:

• Kodi with LE. I don't need Android, dual boot, or another else.
    • GB ethernet
    • no netflix or other streaming. Just Kodi (reading files from my Linux server)
    • 4K/HDR remix streaming
    • Dolby Atmos support
    • can boot directly into Kodi

What I have:

• Apple TV. Can run Plex. Can do 4K/HDR. Cannot do Atmos (go figure)
    • 2016 LG OLED TV. Can run Plex. Can do 4K/HDR. Cannot do Atmos.
    • Odroid C2. Can run Kodi. Can do Atmos. Can do 4K. Cannot to HDR
    • Yamaha RX-A2050 receiver and 5.1.4 speakers set up. The 2050 can pass through 4K/HDR

From what I've read, The TX92 and the MINIX U9 are the top contenders.

Question 1: Anything better that would meet my needs? New Odroid?

Question 2: Does it matter which brand TX92? Do I need 3GB of RAM, or is 2 OK?

The Vero 4K looks good, but a little pricey, but not much more than the U9

TIA

I have an oDroid C2. Pardon my ignorance, but with 8.2 will I be able to play this movie: Note, my AVR and TV have the capability. It's Kodi I worry about.

...UHD.BluRay.REMUX.HDR.HEVC.Atmos.mkv

General
    Container: Matroska
    Runtime: 2h 21mn
    Size: 54.6 GiB
    Video
    Codec: HEVC (10-bit)
    Resolution: 3840x2160
    Aspect ratio: 16:9
    Frame rate: 23.976 fps
    Bit rate: 50.0 Mb/s
    Audio
    #1: English Object Based 7.1ch TrueHD @ 4 279 kb/s (Dolby Atmos/TrueHD Audio / 7.1-Atmos / 48 kHz / 4727 kbps / 24-bit)
    #2: English 5.1ch AC-3 @ 448 kb/s (Compatibility Track / Dolby Digital 5.1-EX / 48 kHz / 448 kbps)

Thanks. 1M didn't work (dd: bs: illegal numeric value), so I just put in 1000000 and got about a minute. Here's the new file. I guess I didn't notice the first test file I made was about the same size as the original, so it just transcoded it; didn't clip it. At any rate, this new file is only 50MB, not 650MB.

note: use lower case "m" for the bs argument on BSD (including OS X)

50MB clip

test1.mkv

Original file

original.mkv - Google Drive

Also, turns out the file doesn't not play well with HW acceleration off. For some reason it worked once, but I tried again, and it plays like crap on the ODroid with acceleration off.

So, any help getting this file, and others like it to play, is greatly appreciated. Or at least figuring out why it doesn't play so I can avoid them.

Thanks, but it plays fine when acceleration is turned off. Maybe the devs could hard code acceleration off when the chroma is set to 4:2:0 and the CPU doesn't support it. Would that be possible? Right now Ihave to manually turn off acceleration, watch the video, then turn it back on. A bit of a hassle.

I though I read 4:4:4 is hard coded. Not sure about 4:2:2. Maybe an advanced setting could be added to auto turn off HW acceleration when playing 10bit H264 on an AMLogic S905(x).

Possible?

Hello. I have an ODroid C2 with LibreELEC 8.1.1. When I try to play this one MKV file, I get the first frame, then only audio. If I try to skip forward, I get endless buffering. This happens over ethernet, or even if I copy the file to the local ODroid device, so it's not a network issue. Here's the log, FWIW.

I can play the file just fine in Kodi on my Mac. This happened to a different file a few days ago. Many others files play just fine.

I'm happy to get the file to anyone that might want to look at it.

A little more info. I noticed this file frame rate is 59.940060 and decoded formate is Planer 4:2:0 YUV. Could that be an issue?

9935154_l.png

Any ideas? Thanks.

update: moe info. If I turn off Accelerate H264 in Kodi settings, the file plays fine. Is this a known issue?