Choosing a S905 / S905X / S905D / S905W / S912 box guide

• I have buy MECOOL M8S Pro+. I would install libreelec. Its possible USB port to boot the box or only sdcard? Thanks

New M8S Pro+ boxes hav no reset button so....

From the S905X Install thread: (you may need to issue a "su" command before reboot update)

• Terminal Emulator: boot to Android, insert SD card/USB drive with LE, install Terminal Emulator app (either from Google Play or APKMirror), run it and type reboot update. Your box should reboot to LE.
  • Out of shear negligence, I killed my Mecool M8S Pro L, I really miss it. Debating about purchasing another one. I have the Pro (non L) and running LibreELEC on it, with the tvheadend and Emby servers running on it. So, it is just functioning as a server right now.

• zmokkie wrote: Hi, i have read a few stories about boxes (mecool m8s pro, mini m8s ii) being sold recently with different hardware than before. What is now the best bang for buck box? I have the x96, mini m8s ii and the beelink mini mxiii (all s905x) and all the boxes work perfect with libreelec. But I bought the boxes a time ago and I am afraid that if I buy another one (I want to give my dad and sister a kodi box) I get different hardware with a lot of issues.

You are correct there, with these boxes, you never know what you will get. They are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you will get........ haha

You are correct there, with these boxes, you never know what you will get. They are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you will get........ haha

What s905x box for around the 40 euro do you guys advice:

x96 2gb 16gb

Mecool m8s pro plus 2gb 16gb

Mini m8s III 2gb 16gb

Or any other box?

Build in wifi is not that important to me..

Thanks!

• zmokkie, why do you want to limit it to the 905x boxes? Yes, the Amlogic S912 are a little more $$, but they are sooooo much faster.

Out of more that two dozen boxes I have purchased in the last 4 or 5 years, the Mecool M8S Pro L, is/was the best box by far that I have every used. I even have an expensive Zidoo X9S, that is collecting dust, because I prefer to use my Mecools. I also have the Mecool M8S Pro PLUS (S905x), and Mecool M8S Pro.

I am running LibreELEC on my Mecool M8S Pro (S912), and use it as my tvheadend and Emby servers.

• zmokkie, why do you want to limit it to the 905x boxes? Yes, the Amlogic S912 are a little more $$, but they are sooooo much faster.

Out of more that two dozen boxes I have purchased in the last 4 or 5 years, the Mecool M8S Pro L, is/was the best box by far that I have every used. I even have an expensive Zidoo X9S, that is collecting dust, because I prefer to use my Mecools. I also have the Mecool M8S Pro PLUS (S905x), and Mecool M8S Pro.

I am running LibreELEC on my Mecool M8S Pro (S912), and use it as my tvheadend and Emby servers.

Because I thought that the s912 boxes were not faster. And I have created a libreelec skin/build and micro sd card image that I can use on all my s905x boxes and the boxes for friends and family. Is there an easy way to transfer my build from a s905x box to a s912 box?

• Because I thought that the s912 boxes were not faster.

Gibbs rule #51: Sometimes You are wrong

I own a 912 box since a few weeks, it´s faster and I saved money because S912 box has Gb network, so I don´t have to buy an USB network adapter.

Your own build of skin etc. -> backup & restore from other box

• I dont need LE9 unofficial. I use Libreelec 8.1.10 on my s905x boxes with the youtube, smoothstreams and some movie addons I think I can not name it here. I have a lot of dutch spoken movies on a external 1TB harddrive that I want to use on my box. For these purposes, is the s912 box faster than the s905x box?

• What is the best s912 box at the moment with good stable 5ghz wifi and stable libreelec performance?

There plenty of reviews on Youtube, it's all a matter of opinion.

I'm not sure if I can post a link, so please remove it, or tell me to remove it

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• S912 + LE != stable

So what is recommended for LE 9 final on Micro SD AND Android on nand usage ?

I´m using both Versions because of Amazon Prime, Spotify and some gaming, LE for Live TV with DD 5.1

I dont want to buy a expensive device (Vero4k/Wetek/Minix stuff)

My old Amlogic stuff was fine until Kodi 17.

Mecool M8s pro + (S905X)

Mecool KI pro (S905D)

Mecool M8s pro L (S912)

Something else ?

Waiting for X ?