[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Installed Libreelec to sd card on my Beelink Mini Mxiii ii

Everything works great to either use Libreelec or Android, using the Android tv Nexus ROM found on freaklabs to use perfect player for live tv within Android along with the Android TV OS (that's why like to have both). Use Libreelec mainly for my home theater use, Kodi within android leaves much to be desired and so does SPMC for HD audio, etc

Using the app "reboot to Librelec" from within Android and it works. From within Libreelec reboot to internal storage and it works. I have done 3 separate installs of Libreelec to my sd card. After a few reboots of the OS (reboot defaults to Libreelec as it should) eventually it reboots to TWRP instead. No way to get it to reboot into Libreelec once that happens. Able to switch/boot back and forth between android and Libreelec but eventually the dreaded TWRP comes up. Only way to get Libreelec back is to reformat the SDcard and reinstall the image then do the toothpick boot. Then all is well once again until a few reboots later.

Sucks, anyone have any advise? Would appreciate it. Note with the TWRP I don;t use it since need a mouse to navigate the menus, only have the remote that came with the box so essentially TWRP is useless. There is probably a way to boot the SDcard from within TWRP (not sure) but cannot do that with this remote. Even toothpick method now brings up TWRP instead of Libreelec once the box boots into TWRP once. Will no longer load Libreelec from SD card. Wish there was another way to dual boot but would like both OS's on my box.

• powerserge, I'm also new to this, but this kinda reminds me of an issue i was having when i was using some lower quality microSD cards. The basic specs seemed like they would work, but libreelec eventually would fail to boot after a while for me, and i would have to re-image the SD card in order to get it working again (just like you have to do). What brand and model of SD card are you using? I've found that the Samsung Evo Select microSD cards worked the best for me and were the most cost effective. I have 3 separate S905X systems all with the Samsung Evo Select microSD cards now and they all boot every time without any issue.

I'm pretty sure there was a post somewhere around here about it that i found once before, but I can't find the link right now. IIRC it basically has to do with the random small file read/write performance of the microSD card. A lot of the cheaper models and brands seem to have good "speed" for linear reads/writes, but the small file random read/writes they tend to fail and then corrupt the data. If someone else can help with providing the link to the SD card selection post, that may help as well.

Hopefully this helps.

Actually, i think i just found it as part of this post: Choosing a S905 / S905X / S905D / S905W / S912 box guide

Have you got a slow LE Kodi setup ?

NOT all microSDHC card are created equal.

Do not base your purchase decision on sequential speeds, Its Random 4K Read / Write performance that is the most important for Kodi and LibreELEC speed. Bang for the buck - Samsung EVO(+), Samsung EVO Select and Sandisk Class 10 U1 microSDHC's work well with AML Hardware.

The Best microSD Cards (click)

• powerserge, I'm also new to this, but this kinda reminds me of an issue i was having when i was using some lower quality microSD cards. The basic specs seemed like they would work, but libreelec eventually would fail to boot after a while for me, and i would have to re-image the SD card in order to get it working again (just like you have to do). What brand and model of SD card are you using? I've found that the Samsung Evo Select microSD cards worked the best for me and were the most cost effective. I have 3 separate S905X systems all with the Samsung Evo Select microSD cards now and they all boot every time without any issue.

I'm pretty sure there was a post somewhere around here about it that i found once before, but I can't find the link right now. IIRC it basically has to do with the random small file read/write performance of the microSD card. A lot of the cheaper models and brands seem to have good "speed" for linear reads/writes, but the small file random read/writes they tend to fail and then corrupt the data. If someone else can help with providing the link to the SD card selection post, that may help as well.

Hopefully this helps.

Actually, i think i just found it as part of this post: Choosing a S905 / S905X / S905D / S905W / S912 box guide

If a better SD card doesn't help, or you want to save some $$ install to internal and bypass the card. I believe that Wrxtasy's S905 build is supporting this, but you would have to check.

Card wise you can't beat Samsung, Sandisk UHS-1 cards. I use Sandisk because they are a little cheaper on Amazon. Sandisk Ultra UHS-1 A1 Speed up to 98 MB/s - 653X.

[8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices - Amlogic - LibreELEC Forum

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks for the replies.

That must be it. Did see on the forum regarding preferred sandisk cards. Using an older Lexar class 4 4gb sd card with USB card reader. Guess will need a better card. Doubt it would be the reader. If anyone has a link to preferred cards for Libreelec specifically feel free to post. Did a search but did not find much. Will probably go with the Sandisk, Samsung or PNY.

• powerserge - I would definitely suggest going with the Samsung Evo Select 32 or 64 GB models. They are slightly cheaper than the Sandisks, and they are rock solid. Also, i hope you are referring to using the USB card reader to write the libreelec image to the disk, then are using the built-in TF (microSD) card reader on your Beelink Mini Mxiii ii. A separate USB card reader being used to boot from a microSD card just adds an additional point of possible failure.

FYI, the Samsung Evo Select 32GB is only $10 on Amazon right now. So i would think that would definitely be your best bet.

• powerserge - I would definitely suggest going with the Samsung Evo Select 32 or 64 GB models. They are slightly cheaper than the Sandisks, and they are rock solid. Also, i hope you are referring to using the USB card reader to write the libreelec image to the disk, then are using the built-in TF (microSD) card reader on your Beelink Mini Mxiii ii. A separate USB card reader being used to boot from a microSD card just adds an additional point of possible failure.

FYI, the Samsung Evo Select 32GB is only $10 on Amazon right now. So i would think that would definitely be your best bet.

Wow, you guys are so helpful, thank you.

Thanks for the great ROM and I'm sure will get things going now that i know why the cheaper cards won't work.

• Did you try gxl_p231_2g_dvb.dtb

Make sure you're renaming to dtb.img

Replacing the dtb.img after burning to sd card.

i try it all "dtb.img" after renamed & Replacing

Unfortunately black screen only

It seems that no luck with libreelec

• ... i have black screen

wait for 2m but not boot to libreelec

I decided to move my NUC to play on a different tv, where my H96 Pro was working fine. The NUC would not show the bios screen. At one time, I didn't think the NUC was actually booting. So, my advice, is just try a different cable & TV

Unless you are absolutely sure it is booting.