[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Whats wrong with the Tanix TX7 S905X box. Cheap and highly specced and supports UHD and gives HDR too though I only have a FHD TV with an excelletn picture quality right now as unable to afford to change TVs. I used the Beelink MXIII II S905X box before and that was even better but no longer available.

I'm also a fan of the Tanix boxes, the TX7 is probably the best one they made.

• I managed to fix this (found somewhere on forum):

Install android with fixed u-boot on box:

MEGA

After that box will power on/off with remote on LibreELEC.

• Have you tried change the HDMI cable?

• I am currently working on improving Amlogic support in LibreELEC and Kodi master.

Does this mean S905X and other Amlogic devices may become officially supported Kodi builds (instead of community supported)?

M8SII (S905X/2G/16G/LE8.0.1a) - RX-V777 - KDL-70W850B

• Does this mean S905X and other Amlogic devices may become officially supported Kodi builds (instead of community supported)?

Official Kodi no, Official LE yes and no, there will be a generic image but officially I think LE will only support SBC's

• updated 64bit image with some addons built from kszaq 8.2.3.1 git tag to LE – Google Drive

player : Mini MX-G p200_2G & Inphic Spot i7 PRO p212 & Khadas VIM2 q200
    monitor : iiyama ProLite E2283HS
    speaker : UE Boom 2
    dvb-t : PCTV microStick (79e)
    firmware : android | LE 64bit | balbes 3in1 | gentoo

• after latest update cpu load on my m9c max was going constantly up to 80%

downgrading to 8.2.2.3 solved the problem

just for your information ;)

• b0mb

I think it would have been a lot more helpful if you also attached logs and perhaps ran 'top' from SSH to see which process is hogging the CPU.

Sorry, I've had no time for log but I ran top and the process was Kodi. ;-)

• Sorry, I've had no time for log but I ran top and the process was Kodi. ;-)

If you can find the time to not only report an issue but to login to the box and run top then surely you can find the time to run cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | paste ;)

• Info about high cpu load:

Updated my two S905X boxes -> no high cpu load

• Updated all S905 boxes, on Neo U1 and on M8S Pro+ everything is fine but on TX3 Mini I found some issues, maybe the dtb is wrong or hardver limitation, for Tanix I use dtb from here and if I watch a movie with Multi CH PCM the sound goes out perfectly, but I hear a constant sizzling sound, for ex. with this sample: LPCM7.1

Thanks for your work, Tanix display shows the time.

• Updated all S905 boxes, on Neo U1 and on M8S Pro+ everything is fine but on TX3 Mini I found some issues, maybe the dtb is wrong or hardver limitation, for Tanix I use dtb from here and if I watch a movie with Multi CH PCM the sound goes out perfectly, but I hear a constant sizzling sound, for ex. with this sample: LPCM7.1

Thanks for your work, Tanix display shows the time.

dtb is not cause of this

• dtb is not cause of this

I forgot something, audio outout is set to 7.1, passtrough is on, every output sounds seems to be good only 7.1 LPCM output is wrong. All S905 devices tested with one SD card , but with different dtb, on Minix and Mecool everything was fine, LPCM 7.1 output is great, on Tanix is something wrong only with Multi CH LPCM, if audio output is set to 2.0 and AC3 transcoding is on, everything is fine, I got Dolby Digital 5.1 but this is not LPCM.

I will try the Leia build.

Thanks.

• Changelog:

LibreELEC 8.2.3
    add fd628-aml driver (thanks adamg)

GDPR-2

Does this imply that the front lcd in tanix tx3 mini will show something instead of "boot"? Cause I just upgraded automatically but "boot" is still there...

• dtb is not cause of this

Replaced with this dtb and no issue with Multi CH LPCM but on display is "boot". I've tried 8.90.3 with the same dtb for TX3 Mini from 8.2 folder similar issue like in 8.2.3.1, changed dtb to linked in this post and no issue. I'm not sure if the dtb isn't cause this.