[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• What happens if you use 444, 10bit and GUI set to 2160p.(And adjust the saturation). On my TV 720, HD and UHD including HDR is perfect:) What happens on your's??

ps. Minde that the GUI Colors will be different than the video;)

I managed to get my scripts to work. I added 2 buttons to the Movies sub menu, with 8-bit and 10-bit and now I can switch between the two modes almost on the fly.

• The word [discontinued] has been present in the first post for a number of days now but I haven’t really seen anything to clarify what that means. Is kszaq able to clarify if we will see anything after 8.2.2.3 or what the reference refers to please? Are we to move to the 9.x.x.x versions being created by a different user soon?

Thanks.

• I managed to get my scripts to work. I added 2 buttons to the Movies sub menu, with 8-bit and 10-bit and now I can switch between the two modes almost on the fly.

Did some testing with my Spyder5, and I don't read any difference in white balance, colors and saturation when switching between 444 8bit, 10bit and 12bit. So I'll just leave it on 12bit ;)

• The word [discontinued] has been present in the first post for a number of days now but I haven’t really seen anything to clarify what that means. Is kszaq able to clarify if we will see anything after 8.2.2.3 or what the reference refers to please? Are we to move to the 9.x.x.x versions being created by a different user soon?

Thanks.

Read back two pages and you will know everything.

Discontinued means no update.

LE9 wil be the next version (alpha already available).

Don't ask when.

• No. I installed it last night on SD card only mainly out of curiosity. Everything I tested worked fine. Since I wasn't really missing anything, I guess I will stick with 8.2.x.x for the time being.

Ok. I'm running 8.2.2.3 on one device from internal memory (S905 - Beelink Mini MX) and on one device from SD (S912 - H96 Pro Plus).

Beelink Mini MX with 8.2.2.3. running great, no problems.

H96 Pro Plus with 8.2.2.3. also running great from SD because installing to internal memory causes problems.

Waiting for the moment to step over to a good Leila build.

• Hey guys :)

First of all, happy holodays to all, especially to all dev people that allows us to enjoy our media centers :)

I have the issue with oversaturation and I compared on the same TV, and same TV settings when I play a h265 movie on Kodi installed on stock android and latest version of Kodi/LibreELEC.

Specifications are:

Nexbox a95x with s905 processor and 1gb of Ram.

Lastest 8.2.2.3 LibreELEC.

Moreover, this issue is present in earlier builds also since I have tried to downgrade.

Is there a way to resolve this issue since there is no Saturation option on my Philips 4k TV?

Thanks.

• Any difference by switching between 2160/1080 in Kodi system settings?

• Any difference by switching between 2160/1080 in Kodi system settings?

Yes, there is a difference but just a bit better. When I use build in player and play the same movie from the same source (NAS over DLNA without any transcoding) or from USB, the picture is better and there is no over-saturation.

Also, when I switch between full hd and UHD settings on android Kodi, there is no difference in saturation.

• Help identify CPU or LE version to use

I have been using a generic s905x box (2g/16g) variant made by x96 for a while and quite happy with its video/audio quality for mostly 1080p streaming. However, it has bugged me from day one that it becomes unresponsive if left idle and then requiring a power unplug. I usually switch it off and then power back when needed. Takes 10-15 seconds to reboot from microsd card. I would prefer to leave it on or sleep for quick power on.

I recently did a fresh install using the latest LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.2.3.img.gz image. I am also using Sandisk Ultra class 10 microsd card. I used the default tree since it will not let me copy tree to card after I created the sd card in Rufus. While I can boot to LE and everything works fine as long as long I am using the box. I left the box running all night and it quit responding in the morning or sometime in the night. I cannot ping/ssh to it. It is possible at this point that I am using an incorrect version of LE or box itself may be an issue. Can someone suggest some pointers to resolve this? I am open to getting another box but hesitant to buy for this reason. I need something for pure Kodi. Thanks.

• Hi I have a question. I want to change memory USB I was using for Libreelec because the one I was using was very old and slow but even that worked fine. I followed the same steps that I did when I did it the previous time, download the latest version for s905 of kszaq and replace the * .dtb that is created by the specific one for my device that is the same one that I had already used for the other memory USB But what has been my surprise that when i introduce "reboot update" via shell on terminal from android and device reboot now Libreelec watch this message that I post below...

*** Error in mount_flash: mount_common: Could not mount LABEL=LIBREELEC ***

### Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###

sh: can´t access tty; job control turned off

What is it?

Sorry my device is a KIII with soc 905 and release 8.2.2.3 of kszaq.

Thanks you and regards.

Edited 2 times, last by roliverosc (January 11, 2018 at 6:56 PM).

• Howdy!

I'm running a fresh installation of kszaq's 8.2.2.3 LePotato build and it has been working great so far.

Does anyone know how to enable SPI support on the LePotato?

It is my understanding that the 905x, unlike the 905, does have hardware SPI support so it should be possible.

On a Pi I would add "dtparam=spi=on" to /boot/config.txt but I can't seem to find the equivalent for this board.

Perhaps there's a "setenv ..." for it in /flash/boot.ini?

Or maybe I just need to load the correct module?

I see entries for "SPICC_PINS" in the dtb.img file which gives me hope but there is no corresponding /dev/spidev0.0

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!

Thanks to all and especially thanks to kszaq for this great build.

• Is there anyone who knows about the development of Libreelec what can help me?

• Is there anyone who knows about the development of Libreelec what can help me?

You can try to clone your working pendrive with win32diskimager. Or just start again from the beginning. If your previous pendrive worked then everything is ok with your box so the new one should work too.

• Do Libreelec create some partition in the memory nand of the TV Box? Could it be the TV Box tried to load what have in the previous installation on other USB?. And error is it.

How can I force the boot from the new USB? I think it has to be something related to that.

Edited 3 times, last by roliverosc (January 13, 2018 at 10:53 AM).

• Does anyone know how to enable SPI support on the LePotato?

It is my understanding that the 905x, unlike the 905, does have hardware SPI support so it should be possible.

After splitting dtb.img and converting to dts, I can see that the SPI section is present but disabled.

I found the overlays needed for SPI and spidev on libre computer projects's github.

I'm now looking into how to either enable these overlays or rebuild the device tree blob with them built-in.

If successful this will allow the LePotato to use hyperion, ambilight or boblight with SPI/APA102 devices directly.

• straylit Device tree overlays do not work with legacy Amlogic u-boot and kernel as far as I know.

What you can try is edit boot.ini and add this line right before "bootm prep": fdt set /spicc status okay

This should enable SPICC node and load the driver. Whether it works and how - you tell me. ;)