Posts by bunts

That was for information to get the connector sizes.....

5.5mm x 2.1mm / 2.5mm

I got two adapters - One 5.5mm and other 3.5mm. Unfortunately none of them would fit. 5.5mm too big and 3.5mm is too small. Am I missing something here? I tried to measure the size of hole and it seems more like 4mm. I have attached a photo. Can someone take a look and advise what adapter I should to buy? FYI. I need a power supply for Mecool M8S Pro L with a US plug. If you have a similar box, can you please tell me the adapter size? Thank you.

Just got a Mecool M8S Pro L from China. The shipping was quick and was excited to get it up and running. However, the idiots shipped me with a UK power supply even though I ordered a US one. They are available on eBay but in different connector tip sizes - 2.5mm - 5.5mm. It is a standard 5V/2A power supply. Does anyone know what is the connector size of this particular box? I tried to measure it but can't be sure.

I have a reboot related question. I have a X96 s905x box and it reboots fine into Libreelec without any issue. However, I recall when I installed LE originally, I never used any of the special methods to reboot the box e.g. toothpick. I simply made a bootable SD card with Rufus, inserted and powered the box on. Did I get all wrong? I am thinking booting with a special method is required step. Please educate me. I hope I am not hijacking the thread.

Help identify CPU or LE version to use

I have been using a generic s905x box (2g/16g) variant made by x96 for a while and quite happy with its video/audio quality for mostly 1080p streaming. However, it has bugged me from day one that it becomes unresponsive if left idle and then requiring a power unplug. I usually switch it off and then power back when needed. Takes 10-15 seconds to reboot from microsd card. I would prefer to leave it on or sleep for quick power on.

I recently did a fresh install using the latest LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.2.3.img.gz image. I am also using Sandisk Ultra class 10 microsd card. I used the default tree since it will not let me copy tree to card after I created the sd card in Rufus. While I can boot to LE and everything works fine as long as long I am using the box. I left the box running all night and it quit responding in the morning or sometime in the night. I cannot ping/ssh to it. It is possible at this point that I am using an incorrect version of LE or box itself may be an issue. Can someone suggest some pointers to resolve this? I am open to getting another box but hesitant to buy for this reason. I need something for pure Kodi. Thanks.

I have been using a generic x96 s905x box (2g/16g) variant for a while and quite happy with its video/audio quality for mostly 1080p streaming. However, it has bugged me from day one that it becomes unresponsive if left idle and then requiring a power unplug. I usually switch it off and then power back when needed. Takes 10-15 seconds to reboot from microsd card. I would prefer to leave it on or sleep for quick power on.

I am thinking of getting something else which is more stable. Any recommendations? I need pure LE/Kodi box. I use Apple TV for Apps. Thank you.

I am running into a problem and posting here as I didn't find a solution after scanning various forum. I added a new move to library and run a refresh using the context menu (scan to library) from folder view. I am using the movie database scrapper. It finds the movie information and the artwork all right. However as soon as I go back to folder view, all the scrapping/metadata is gone. I can repeat this process but the same results. The only error I see in the Kodi log is:

ERROR: GetVideoDetails: Invalid XML file (want <details>)

I am using MySQL running off my NAS and all the movies are stored on the NAS too.

I am running LE Amlogic Krypton build 8.0.1e.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I just wanted to post an update to my issue. I made couple of changes to my box to further experiment with the box becoming unresponsive when left idle. It is not necessarily a kodi/LE issue. I installed the 8.0.1e update with temp sensor disabled. I also found an interesting video where this guy suggested these amlogic boxes have a design flaw. The box I got (X96 s905x) has air vents in the bottom where they do not serve any purpose and recommended to turn the box over which makes total sense. The box has been up for 24 hours now and has not become unresponsive. It is a good sign. See the video for yourself.

Amlogic box overheating

This is the summary of changes:

1. Installed update 8.0.1e
    2. Changed to a Static IP
    3. Turned the box over - vents facing up.

Keeping finger crossed.

Craggy, did you ever find out the cause? I am experiencing similar issue on a amlogic s905x android box and unable to resolve it. I posted in the amlogic board and tried several suggestions without any luck. If I leave my box idle for couple of hours with TV off, I get no signal when TV is turn on and had to be rebooted. Thank you.

Hi mmpp, Thank you for your response. I have followed your suggestions and unfortunaley I am still having no luck.

1. Installed the 8.0.1a build with older kernel and made sure download from the correct device tree (gxl)
    2. Completely disabled the CEC settings. I suspect CEC may be playing a role here. Since I am using an AVR, I have set the CEC to IGNORE when TV is off. It should not matter since CEC itself is disabled.

Other thing I noticed is that when I switch source from LE to (say) TV and come back to LE even after an hour, LE responds fine. If I completely shutdown all components (TV, AVR etc) except LE, it quits responding. It seems as soon as LE discovers AVR/TV off, it suspends itself. Is there a way I can verify CEC settings in LE via Putty?

I was planning to buy some more amlogic boxes but this issue dampens my will.

I have so far tried the following:

1. Upgraded to 8.0.1c firmware without temperature sensor.
    2. Disabled the CEC in the HDMI settings which was kind of hard to find. I was thinking it might be causing the unit to go in the suspend status when TV was shutdown.

I still have no luck and the box stops responding completely if left idle and had to be unplugged. There has to be something I could change because this doesn't seem to be a common problem. I am running X96 s905x (2G/16G) box and booting LE from a sandisk card.

I just started using a new Amlogic device X96 with s905x board (2GB/16GB) and running LE 8.0.1b image off a Sandisk microsd card. Everything seems to be working fine and I am pleased with the results. However one thing is bothering me and reading/searching various boards didn't help. The screensaver (dim) is set to trigger after 10 minutes of idle time and once it goes to dim, I am not able to bring back the device to respond and only thing I could do at this point to reboot by unplugging. I am running Kodi with a MySQL database on a server. The device is connected to a Samsung TV via a receiver and CEC is disabled. Audio is pass through HDMI. Network is hardwired. X96 remote allows me to power down the box but takes about 20 seconds to boot up. I prefer to leave it on all the times. Is there something I can look into?

PS: I have another Kodi build on Intel NUC/Win10 and don't see this issue.