[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• It's your tv's problem. Nothing to do with LE.
    You have to set up your tv for every resolution and fps. Your LE GUI is 1080p60 but if you play a movie it will change the video signal according to the movie's resolution and fps. So start the movie and play with your tv's aspect ratio settings.

Simply change yout TV settings to Best Fit (Samsung option maybe different naming on other makes) and it will automaticlaly match to whatever device you have plugged in so devices can all stay opn the preferable default settings without cropping needed. Note you cannot change and save TV settings in Dynamic and Movie picture modes so I use Standard mode and adjust all the settings to get as near perfect a picture as I can using all the settings like Contrast, Brightness, Darkness, Backlighting etc. My standard mode set with aspect as Best Fit is now as perfect for me as I need, more vivid like Dynamic mode but without being over the top as the default Dynamic mode usually is. Most of these settings are of course subjective.

But important to remember that it will not retain the picture option of Best Fit in Dynamic and Movies modes, well that is for all Samsung LED TVs I have configured.

• Your post is some what confusing however...

If you are booting Kodi from USB and you have set it up to your taste when you run the installtointernal script you are asked if you want to copy your data to internal as well, select Y and this will do as it says on the tin.

You can then put the USB drive in another AML box and do the exact same without having to redo all of your work, just run installtointernal again.

Thanks a lot!

When I install do internal memory from my SD Card, my SD Card don´t get overwrite and my setup and data remain untouched ( in the SD Card ), right !?!?!?

I hope this doesn´t sound confused, only noob ...

Best regards

• ARC cannot transfer uncompressed audio.

Thanks. I wonder how it works because they stated as HDMI 2.0 not HDMI 2.0a. But definitely more cheaper than a 4k HDR capable AVR...

It works perfectly for me, juste plug the TV on output 1, set the EDID switch to TV, and then plug the Amp into OUT 2.

I sometime have to switch it off/on, but 99% of the time, the TV switches to 2160p HDR and BT2020 when it has to.

Nicolas

• I use the same SD card in many different devices regularly to test new builds. Like you said, only device tree needs to be changed (I don't use IR remote, no need to change remote.conf).

• It works perfectly for me, juste plug the TV on output 1, set the EDID switch to TV, and then plug the Amp into OUT 2.

I sometime have to switch it off/on, but 99% of the time, the TV switches to 2160p HDR and BT2020 when it has to.

Nicolas

How do you do this? I have a 4K TV and an HD audio receiver that does not have 4K passthrough. I bought a splitter and tested if it does 4K and HDR properly with one device attached, but if I connect both the amp and Kodi, it limits to 1080p. If I set Kodi to 4K, my amp does not play any audio.

• PSA: Due to issues with auto-update making my Odroid-C2 build not bootable, autoupdate will not work for all S905 devices using 8.2.1.1. You will have to update to 8.2.1.2 manually when it's released. This will be resolved for future builds. Unfortunately this is something I cannot solve server-side.

• If there are any people out there who has a 2016 vizio M series HDR TV and would like to share their settings I would appreciate if you would PM me please? I would like to have the best possible picture quality on my new TV. I have a mini MX III II box running the latest LE.

Thank you,

• It's your tv's problem. Nothing to do with LE.
    You have to set up your tv for every resolution and fps. Your LE GUI is 1080p60 but if you play a movie it will change the video signal according to the movie's resolution and fps. So start the movie and play with your tv's aspect ratio settings.

Of course, you're right, needles to say, TV is doing something automatically in terms of settings. I benefited from your piece of advise.

Simply change yout TV settings to Best Fit (Samsung option maybe different naming on other makes) and it will automaticlaly match to whatever device you have plugged in so devices can all stay opn the preferable default settings without cropping needed. Note you cannot change and save TV settings in Dynamic and Movie picture modes so I use Standard mode and adjust all the settings to get as near perfect a picture as I can using all the settings like Contrast, Brightness, Darkness, Backlighting etc. My standard mode set with aspect as Best Fit is now as perfect for me as I need, more vivid like Dynamic mode but without being over the top as the default Dynamic mode usually is. Most of these settings are of course subjective.

But important to remember that it will not retain the picture option of Best Fit in Dynamic and Movies modes, well that is for all Samsung LED TVs I have configured.

Thank for answers. This is how it looks.

My Samsung ES6800 have 3 hdmi channels, two of them are simple hdmi, the third one is hdmi/dvi.

Each channel hdmi you can edit picking a type of a device which you want to connect to your TV to. One of them let you pick option fit screen when you use KODI platform, it is called DVI. Unfortunately, when you pick it, the quality of screen is horrible, even if you set the best contrast, brightness, colour, etc. (even the same setting which you use on settings other type device for hdmi called PC which looks best), so I CAN'T choose this option. But when you start watching something (when video playback appears) VIA streaming/video files TV (in hdmi option called PC which doesn't enable you FIT TO SCREEN while you use KODI platform, before you start watching something, general menu of KODI) let you pick option FIT SCREEN and save it for the future. Naturally, so far I have been watching movies using this option but it have caused the bottom green bar effect. Yestarday I was mixing settings (I set new ones and then went back to old ones) and it got repaired by itself in the end. I don't know what I did, I have got the feeling that nothing but mixing settings and going back to old ones.

Perhaps hdmi channel HDMI/DVI will let you always set FIT TO SCREEN, maybe I will test it tonight or tommorow.

Besides, You think that option called VIDEO SYNC PLAYER and ADJUST AUTO REFRESH RATE shoulde be always ON? What options can I enable in KODI VIDEO SETTINGS to improve quality of movies, their fluency, etc?

• How do you do this? I have a 4K TV and an HD audio receiver that does not have 4K passthrough. I bought a splitter and tested if it does 4K and HDR properly with one device attached, but if I connect both the amp and Kodi, it limits to 1080p. If I set Kodi to 4K, my amp does not play any audio.

Mine has the ability to pick the Edid info from Out 1 i.e 4K TV, so the highest edid capability is picked instead of the lowest on others splitter.

• There is a problem with Wifi connection in last version with Beelink Mini M8S II with 2GB/8GB.

After some time there is error: Network is unreachable.

And from now on I can't connect again to Wifi.

Can this be fixed?