[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• I had only a few files with aac 5.1 audio.

Converted them to DTS using Xmedia Recode.

Video files 10Bit 1080p HDR HEVC are working fine, but I have only a few videos.

Most of my HDR HEVC videos are 4k

• Hi guys,

First thank to kszaq for her great job, is awesome and all libreELEC community.

I don't know is this question was already answered.

I have a S905X box with LibreELEC 8.2.0.1 and the last device tree.

How enable the HQ scalers like Spline36 or Lanczos 3?

I edited the advancendsetting.xml with this code:

Code
    <advancedsettings>
        <video>
            <enablehighqualityhwscalers>true</enablehighqualityhwscalers>
        </video>
    </advancedsettings>

but in the video option I don't see any option about it. My resolution is 1080p and I played a SD video and 720p video.

• Kept my fingers crossed for a few minutes and installed LE (8.2.0.1 64bit) +data to internal (twice) on Spot-I7-Pro s905s.

... LE runs now from internal eMMC -

The Android firmware was rather OK on the box, but, contrary to LE, Android 100Mb Ethernet performance was really bad.

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (November 11, 2017 at 2:42 AM).

• You're going to have to keep searching for an image to use with Amlogic USB Burning tool.

I doubt anyone would be prepared to do that for you, so you'll just have to keep hunting.

Once you find one, you can reset the box.

Try not to drag out the conversation here, as it is nothing to do with kszaq's LE builds :saint:

I'm not asking for anyone to search for me.

Thanks anyway.

• I don't know is this question was already answered.

I have a S905X box with LibreELEC 8.2.0.1 and the last device tree.

How enable the HQ scalers like Spline36 or Lanczos 3?

I edited the advancendsetting.xml with this code:

Code
    <advancedsettings>
        <video>
            <enablehighqualityhwscalers>true</enablehighqualityhwscalers>
        </video>
    </advancedsettings>

but in the video option I don't see any option about it. My resolution is 1080p and I played a SD video and 720p video.

S905 is not powerful enough to run high quality scalers and they are not available. Keep in mind that if they were, they would be available only for SW decoding, there is no way to 'insert' them for HW decoding.

• yes I read it and ethernet didn't work with sd / usb either.

You must have missed this bit

Run from SD card/USB drive first. If it runs fine, connect to your box over SSH . . .

so im just asking if anyone else has this issue or if anyone knows how to fix ?

The issue of boxes with defective / incompatible ethernet port has been raised and solved / worked around several times in these threads (one option is very obvious, you just have to read the earlier posts).

Edited once, last by Poida (November 12, 2017 at 12:18 AM).

• S905 is not powerful enough to run high quality scalers and they are not available. Keep in mind that if they were, they would be available only for SW decoding, there is no way to 'insert' them for HW decoding.

Thank you very much for the clarification.

• Hey kszaq thanks for your hard work you really created something very usefull for this community.

I've a Minix U9 and so far I'm pretty imperressed. This thing really plays everything I throw at it and the auto resolution and refresh rate switching feature is something that is essential IMO for a player so I'm really happy alltogether.

There is only one bad thing I've came across so far. Subtitles causing frame droppings. I know It's not Amlogic specific and as I've read the bug was already reported. The conclusion was here that the Kodi developers don't really care anymore about v17 and AFAIK the bug was fixed in v18.

Any plans for an upgrade to Leia for the S912 that includes your commits with the auto switching feature ?

Edited 3 times, last by avirex (November 12, 2017 at 3:58 PM).

• I have an oDroid C2. Pardon my ignorance, but with 8.2 will I be able to play this movie: Note, my AVR and TV have the capability. It's Kodi I worry about.

...UHD.BluRay.REMUX.HDR.HEVC.Atmos.mkv

General
    Container: Matroska
    Runtime: 2h 21mn
    Size: 54.6 GiB
    Video
    Codec: HEVC (10-bit)
    Resolution: 3840x2160
    Aspect ratio: 16:9
    Frame rate: 23.976 fps
    Bit rate: 50.0 Mb/s
    Audio
    #1: English Object Based 7.1ch TrueHD @ 4 279 kb/s (Dolby Atmos/TrueHD Audio / 7.1-Atmos / 48 kHz / 4727 kbps / 24-bit)
    #2: English 5.1ch AC-3 @ 448 kb/s (Compatibility Track / Dolby Digital 5.1-EX / 48 kHz / 448 kbps)

Can anyone share if they have issues when playing a 4K mkv with TrueHD/Atmos soundtrack ? My AVR is TRueHD compliant but if I enable it, the movie stutters. If I disable the TrueHD passthrough the movie plays just fine.

After hours of testing, I thought maybe the 905X box isn't powerfull enough for Atmos.

Any thoughts on that ?

• Can anyone share if they have issues when playing a 4K mkv with TrueHD/Atmos soundtrack ? My AVR is TRueHD compliant but if I enable it, the movie stutters. If I disable the TrueHD passthrough the movie plays just fine.

After hours of testing, I thought maybe the 905X box isn't powerfull enough for Atmos.

Any thoughts on that ?

I'm playing lots of 4k HDR through the Ethernet LAN and my 905x box rarely stutters. It can happen sometimes, but I think this is because the CPU gets too warm. I need to open up the box to test if it doesn't stutter without the casing, and maybe apply better thermal glue.