[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Hi kszaq I downloaded the 8.1.8 .gz file to create an image on my SD card with the LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32 tool.

I own a 3 GB RAM device (a docooler M9S-Pro) and I got the same result when I check it into the memory section into Android.

When I let the original dtb of the .gz file and boot on LibreELEC "live" I've got only 806 MB memory. If I tried to replace the original dtb.img by the renamed gxl_p212_3g.dtb file the SD card doesn't boot (I'm stucked on the 905x logo).

Have you any idea why I've got issues about memory space or any suggestion to check stuff about this issue ?

Regards.

Edit : I try my SD card on a totally new device (I just receive it) and as the "old" I can't success to launch it with the renamed 3g.dtb but I success with the original dtb. But surprisely this time LibreELEC displays 1791 MB.

Edited once, last by redking: New device (but same model) (September 19, 2017 at 7:36 AM).

• Thanks for the reply. So if my device had really 3GB RAM, LibreELEC will normally recognize and use all the RAM (even if I don't know how to use 3 GB memory on LibreELEC) ?

If you still have Android on your box, you could download a test program such as AIDA64 from the play store and see what it tells you.

• If you still have Android on your box, you could download a test program such as AIDA64 from the play store and see what it tells you.

Yes I still have Android on the devices (I've booted on LibreELEC with one SD card). I've installed AIDA64 but it displayed me also 3 GB.

But I've also installed a memory filler/pumper and results are consistent with the RAM displayed on LibreELEC because on the one displayed 800 MB the app stops fill memory at about 2100-2200 MB, and on the one displayed 1700 MB the app stops at 1000-1100 MB.
    So I think that these 2 box are not really 3GB like kszaq suggests me since the beginning (but I would like to be sure and the memory tests confirm this suggestion).

I think to install directly LE on the NAND because 1 GB RAM could be just with Android + Kodi and I bought these box for multimedia function.

Anyway, thanks for your help to both of you.

• Yes I still have Android on the devices (I've booted on LibreELEC with one SD card). I've installed AIDA64 but it displayed me also 3 GB.

But I've also installed a memory filler/pumper and results are consistent with the RAM displayed on LibreELEC because on the one displayed 800 MB the app stops fill memory at about 2100-2200 MB, and on the one displayed 1700 MB the app stops at 1000-1100 MB.
    So I think that these 2 box are not really 3GB like kszaq suggests me since the beginning (but I would like to be sure and the memory tests confirm this suggestion).

I think to install directly LE on the NAND because 1 GB RAM could be just with Android + Kodi and I bought these box for multimedia function.

Anyway, thanks for your help to both of you.

Bummer, can you return the boxes?

I am a lowly beginner on LibreELEC, my understanding is that LibreELEC will run well on 1GB RAM and performance on a good quality SDCard performance should also be good, maybe no need to burn to Nand and lose Android.

This post indicates that you may notice little or no performance difference between quality SDCard and Nand [8.1.8] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

Also there is a post on this forum showing how you can run LibreELEC from SDCard but store your runtime files in RAM

Good luck whatever happens

• is it possible on the Beelink mini mxIII II that when I press the power off button (red one) on my remote, that I get the choice to power off my box or reboot?

When I press the button now the box immediately powers off.

• Bummer, can you return the boxes?

I am a lowly beginner on LibreELEC, my understanding is that LibreELEC will run well on 1GB RAM and performance on a good quality SDCard performance should also be good, maybe no need to burn to Nand and lose Android.

This post indicates that you may notice little or no performance difference between quality SDCard and Nand [8.1.8] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

Also there is a post on this forum showing how you can run LibreELEC from SDCard but store your runtime files in RAM

Good luck whatever happens

Thanks,

Yes I surely can return the boxes but seems a real pain to return it : contact support, delay for shipping, ... (you know, as most of these chinese sellers). I will try to find a partial refund to prevent all of this. In fact I've bought this box to make a multimedia center (plug the audio out to play YouTube video clips on a audio system) for my parents so I surely think that they never need more than 1 GB, but it's just that they sell this as 3 GB box.

But I prefer to install it on the NAND, it's not because of performance difference, it's because if there is a problem with the SD card it will boot on Android and it's difficult to explain them with distance how to boot on SD card (the toothpick method). LE on NAND seems the best KISS method. As they don't need Android (and I made a backup with TWRP) I don't think it's a great loss. It will just became a 32GB box with 31.5 GB free space :)

• Try:

mount -t cifs -o username=xxxx,password=xxxx,rw "//ARCHER_VR600/photos(sda1)" /storage/test

same :

LibreELEC:~ # mount -t cifs -o username=xxxx,password=xxxx,rw "//ARCHER_VR600/photos(sda1)" /storage/test

mount: bad address 'ARCHER_VR600'

mount: mounting //ARCHER_VR600/photos(sda1) on /storage/vr600 failed

• I have a weird and annoying issue on my box which I don't know how to tackle (and properly supply a bug report).

9 out of 10 times, when my box comes out of standby it gets stuck at the Libreelec splash screen and won't continue to boot. Not all the time, but practically always. There's no network, so I can't reboot it remotely. I have to unplug the power and after I plug it, it always boots. 100% success.

It seems there's a difference between cold boot and coming from standby, but how to troubleshoot and get logs of the error ... I don't know.

In the zip file in the logs folder, there's a 01_KODI_CRASH.log and 01_KODI_OTHER.log but the content is abracadabra to me.

• Use IP address instead of hostname.

LibreELEC:~ # mount -t cifs -o username=xxxx,password=xxxx,rw "//192.168.1.1/photos(sda1)" /storage/test

mount: mounting //192.168.1.1/photos(sda1) on /storage/test failed: No such file or directory

Through the kodi file manager I see the contents of the folder at:

smb://ARCHER_VR600/photos(sda1)/

• LibreELEC:~ # mount -t cifs -o username=xxxx,password=xxxx,rw "//192.168.1.1/volume(sda1)/photos/" /storage/test

mount: mounting //192.168.1.1/volume(sda1)/photos/ on /storage/test failed: Host is down

the peth change because now is set to share all at the rounter.

and test folder exist.

but now is shows host is down.

• Any chance all the old changelogs can be stored somewhere? I only update every so often so it would be nice to read all the changes since I last updated, rather than just since the last released version.

Thanks

• Hi guys, i have a Nexbox A95x 2gb/16gb box with kszaq build 8.1.7-temp_sensor_disabled installed on internal, everithing works like a charm (thanks kszaq for the great work!), the thing is, next week i'm gonna stay with a cousing who's only tv is an analog one, so i've tested the AV out of my box and find out it's stuck in PAL mode (black and white and fast rolling image), so I wanted to ask, is there a way to change to NTSC 480 CVBS mode?, maybe some code to insert in autostart.sh?

Thanks in advance

Update, never mind guys, I've fix it by adding this codes to autostart.sh:

#!/bin/sh

echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb

echo 'rgb,8bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

echo "480cvbs" > /sys/class/display/mode

I've leave it here so anyone with the same problem can test them.

Best regards everyone!

Edited once, last by Verdilak (September 19, 2017 at 6:16 PM).