[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• The standard setting is 444, 8bit - not 420.
    YCbCr 4:2:0 is not officially supported by the HDMI standard (except for 2160p50 and 2160p60).
    However, it might still work in some cases.

If i boot my box without autostart.sh, my AVR say's 420 8 bit. But just to be sure, i'll check it again later on. ;)

• If i boot my box without autostart.sh, my AVR say's 420 8 bit. But just to be sure, i'll check it again later on. ;)

If the GUI is set up to 2160p50 or 2160p60 then it will be 420, sure.

For everything else it will be 444.

• Yesterday I tried to watch a BD movie with a DTS HD HRA audio track, but I cannot get audio with the latest LE versions (8.1.7, 8.1.8) .

No luck with LE 7 either. My AVR says nothing and no sound, Other DTS and DD tracks are working.

Could you check this file (I cut about the first 200 MB) here: DTSHD_HRA.m2ts ?

Is it a bug or just a corrupted file?

dmesg after I try to play it:

Edited once, last by Pelican (September 16, 2017 at 3:56 PM).

• I've downloaded that file and everything is fine, no issue, my AVR showed DTS-HD HR and the sound was perfect, LE 8.1.8.

Yesterday I tried to watch a BD movie with a DTS HD HRA audio track, but I cannot get audio with the latest LE version (81.7, 8.1.8) .

No luck with LE 7 either. My AVR says nothing and no sound, Other DTS and DD tracks are working.

• Yesterday I tried to watch a BD movie with a DTS HD HRA audio track, but I cannot get audio with the latest LE versions (8.1.7, 8.1.8) .

dmesg after I try to play it:

Same problem here. Earlier today i noticed that all my DTS-HR didn't play, thought it was a bug in the latest AVR firmware that was released a couple of day's ago. But now I'm not so sure.

• Hi,

I'd like to ask the developers if it would be possible to make the .dff .dfs files (SACD) reproduction work on the s905x devices.

On Kodi that runs on x86 those files work perfectly.

Any chance? :)

Also, any chance to do not see the dithering (24bit-->16bit) on the Hi-Res Flac audio files?

Thanks a lot.

• I'd like to ask the developers if it would be possible to make the .dff .dfs files (SACD) reproduction work on the s905x devices.

On Kodi that runs on x86 those files work perfectly.

Any chance?

Separate thread, log, samples - any chance? ;)

• Same problem here. Earlier today i noticed that all my DTS-HR didn't play, thought it was a bug in the latest AVR firmware that was released a couple of day's ago. But now I'm not so sure.

Yes, same here. I've checked all the other DTS HR files and none of them plays. Strange. Last time I checked everything was OK.

• Same problem here. Earlier today i noticed that all my DTS-HR didn't play, thought it was a bug in the latest AVR firmware that was released a couple of day's ago. But now I'm not so sure.

I also had problems with DTS-HRA and my Denon AVR, and discussed it here with the Kodi people: DTS-High Resolution. What's the score?

Denon claims that HRA plays fine from blueray players in their tests, kodi developers claim they follow the standard and point to their code as proof. I use an older firmware, that plays the HD-HRA stream, but this is limited to 5.1 for whatever reason. Newer firmwares fall back to the DTS core.

• I also had problems with DTS-HRA and my Denon AVR, and discussed it here with the Kodi people: DTS-High Resolution. What's the score?

Denon claims that HRA plays fine from blueray players in their tests, kodi developers claim they follow the standard and point to their code as proof. I use an older firmware, that plays the HD-HRA stream, but this is limited to 5.1 for whatever reason. Newer firmwares fall back to the DTS core.

Strange, I also have Denon AVR (X3100W) and no issue with DTS-HD HRA, latest firmware (updated 2 months ago).

• DS-1 Settings -> System -> Power saving and there you can choose the shutdown function. Either Shutdown, which is default, or Suspend.

If you set it to suspend your box will suspend when you push the power button on your remote.

• Did you change ONLY saturation on you tv or can you suggest me others changes?

That would be different from TV to TV, but basically i prefer:

Backlight: 13 (max = 20)

Brightness: 36%

Contrast: 91%

Sharpness: 11%

Color: 38%

Tint(G/R): 58/42

Gama: Default

Color tone: Standard

All filters and enhancements Off

Custom Whitebalance

Custom Color settings for Red Green Blue Yellow Cyan and Magenta

• Hey guys, maybe someone around here can shed some light on this.

Since I modded my box to suspend/sleep, when it wakes up, the weather (yahoo) stays blank for a while. Is there an add-on

that can force refresh it?

Everything else works great!

• Great job, congratulations ....

I had LE in ODROID-C2 and everything worked, now I have a Mecool KI Pro with LE 8.0.2c and everything working, when I installed LE 8.1.7 (.tar) did not find wired network, wireless works perfect. I formatted SD and installed with .img, same problem. Reboot to Android and finds wired network, I go back to LE 8.0.2 finds wired network

I have now installed 8.1.8 for both .tar and .img and can not find wired network

Follows logging with disable and enable wired network and wireless network

Ubuntu Pastebin