[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Hi 8.1.7 works great on my x96 box and mini m8s II. I use 16gb micro sd cards with my own build. I have some faster 32gb cards that I want to use. What is the easiest way to copy the 16gb card to the 32gb card so that I can use the full size of the card? I know I can backup the 16gb card with windiskimager and write it to the 32gb card, but than I can not use the full size of the card (only 16gb).

Cloneilla

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Nvidia Shield HD Homerun Duo (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro, X96+, Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Synology DS414 Plex Pass

:)

• Hi 8.1.7 works great on my x96 box and mini m8s II. I use 16gb micro sd cards with my own build. I have some faster 32gb cards that I want to use. What is the easiest way to copy the 16gb card to the 32gb card so that I can use the full size of the card? I know I can backup the 16gb card with windiskimager and write it to the 32gb card, but than I can not use the full size of the card (only 16gb).

Or you can simly do the backup content and settings from kodi, install fresh new card and do the restore.

• Plays fine on my box, but i don't think thy are DV, Just normal UHD ;)

Only the S912 chipset supports Dolby Vision. S905X and S905D are limited to HDR and HLG.

If it ain't broken: break it, fix it, repeat

• Tried suspend/sleep mode on my Tx5 PRO (S905X, 2gb RAM) and it doesn't seem to work.

Is this the correct sleep.conf line for suspend/sleep mode ON?

Code
    1. [Sleep]
    2. HibernateMode=false
  • Yes. ;)

I've enabled 444 10bit but with 4k resolution GUI and also 10bit video (non HDR) are very oversaturated (RED is very strong). Why? I hav a 4k hisense tv with 10bit pannel (8bit+frc)

• DS-1 Yes, this is correct. This makes suspend available in Kodi shutdown menu but not necessarily makes it work.

Ok, it works. I didn't understand that this makes suspend available in kodi menu. I was trying via remote power button and it shutted down.

Is there any way to remap remote power button to suspend/sleep?

• HLG is supported by the s905x and s905d chipset, but it doesn't work on my Memobox t95n m8spro (s905x). I have a demo file which plays fine on a USB stick in the TV, but not in Libreelec.

This is not a bug report! I know that HDR is also not supported by @kszaq's build, even though that does work. I just wanted to share the info.

If it ain't broken: break it, fix it, repeat

• I've enabled 444 10bit but with 4k resolution GUI and also 10bit video (non HDR) are very oversaturated (RED is very strong). Why? I hav a 4k hisense tv with 10bit pannel (8bit+frc)

You have to turn down the color saturation on your TV about 10 clicks, when using UHD (4K) ;)

-2re

8.90 ⇒ MeCool KI Pro ⇒ Onkyo TX-NR656 ⇒ SAMSUNG 65"LED/UHD/PQ1300/T2CS

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• By default what is enable?
    8, 10 or 12?

420, 8bit

The standard setting is 444, 8bit - not 420.
    YCbCr 4:2:0 is not officially supported by the HDMI standard (except for 2160p50 and 2160p60).
    However, it might still work in some cases.

Mini M8S II 2G/16G (S905X)

• You have to turn down the color saturation on your TV about 10 clicks, when using UHD (4K) ;)

That however is not a rule.
    There is no difference between 1080p and 2160p GUI colors on my TV...

Mini M8S II 2G/16G (S905X)

• Greetings,

Dear Kszaq; The sound keys work like they used to be, so why did you turn off the autorepeat? :(

It was very good. :)

Best regards...

• You have to turn down the color saturation on your TV about 10 clicks, when using UHD (4K)

I see the same behavior on my 10bit Hisense TV when switching to 4K as well - just have to calibrate the TV when in 4K mode.

• I see the same behavior on my 10bit Hisense TV when switching to 4K as well - just have to calibrate the TV when in 4K mode.

That's one of the reasons i have the box set to 2160p. Then i don't have to change settings between HD & UHD. ;)

-2re

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• That however is not a rule.
    There is no difference between 1080p and 2160p GUI colors on my TV...

Maybe your TV has different profile for HD & UHD, and switches automatic when you change the resolution.

-2re

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray