[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• As workaround, perhaps, you could ask the dhcp server to always give that same address for the mac address of the TV Box.

At least that's what I do. It makes the address 'kind of ' static.

that's actually what i do as a workaround and it works well.

1. Please read forum rules on posting links.
    2. It won't work, it's S912. S912 builds here: [8.1.6] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

OK so the S912 has problems because of the Mali according to this post:

LibreELEC 8.0 for Amlogic S912 devices.

WARNING!!!

If you consider buying a device for LE, do not buy Amlogic S912!

Amlogic has not released fbdev Mali libraries. This build uses libhybris and Android gralloc Mali driver to provide OpenGL for Kodi - because of this the builds will always be experimental until proper Linux libraries are released (if ever).

So will a XIAOMI Mi Box be a good alternative? It's S905 based from what I can tell, but with a Mali 450MP3. Will that be a problem as well?

• OK so the S912 has problems because of the Mali according to this post:

So will a XIAOMI Mi Box be a good alternative? It's S905 based from what I can tell, but with a Mali 450MP3. Will that be a problem as well?

It won't run libreelec, 'cos the bootloader's locked down.

• It won't run libreelec, 'cos the bootloader's locked down.

DAMN, addons on my A95X 1G/8G run very slow. It frustrates me, I am looking for an inexpensive replacement with a faster processor and more ram. I figured for $69 dollars it was a good option since it came with an S905 and 2G of RAM. Should I go with an Odroid-C2 then?

• Hi kszaq,

I'm sorry I did not read the instruction for reporting logs.

Tonight I retried flashing you 8.1.6 libreelec build and I still have the same problem.

I created a zipfile with the needed logs. See the attached file.

To be clear. I have a Beelink Mini MX. (Beelink Mini MX Ver 1.0 TV Box Android 5.1 2G/16G Amlogic S905 Quad Core 2.4GHz/5.8GHz HDMI 2.0 Bluetooth 4.0 Support Gigabit LAN), bought on Geekbuying.

I allready tried to give the device a static IP (via router) but the wireless connection does not work. For some reason build 8.1.6. disables/kills the wireless connection on my Beelink Mini MX. All your previous firmware versions worked flawlessly!

Thank you for all your great work! I hope you can fix my problem :( For now I have to go back to 8.1.5 to get my wireless connection to work...

• Hi,

I am having a weird bug. I tested the release of August 27 on my MXQ Pro 4K Leelbox S905 with a SD Card. It worked perfectly, wifi, etc. I tried moving it permanently to the box via SSH + cmd installtointernal

On reboot, I removed the SD Card and nothing happens! If I put back the SD Card, it works.

Am I doing something wrong ?

• Hi,

I am having a weird bug. I tested the release of August 27 on my MXQ Pro 4K Leelbox S905 with a SD Card. It worked perfectly, wifi, etc. I tried moving it permanently to the box via SSH + cmd installtointernal

On reboot, I removed the SD Card and nothing happens! If I put back the SD Card, it works.

Am I doing something wrong ?

On some devices you need to installtointernal twice

• Copy from /tmp/remote.conf (working box) to /storage/.config/remote.conf .

Thanks kszaq, I actually just made a new sd card install from scratch, ran it on the working box, then booted it on the faulty box, Installtointernal and presto.

The whole thing took about 9 mins. Should have just done that from the start. I did start trying to create/edit the remote.conf file... Yeah that is a long process... Worth doing if you have no other option, but I did, so I was glad to avoid that.

Thanks for the location of the remote.conf file on the working box.

• Is there a update server for libreelec that updates to kodi 17.4? I used to use http://qwerin.cz/kodi/update.php but when I set that it turns my settings screen black and I can do anything until I erase the libreelec folder in addon_data

Another question that is repeated over and over.

No automatic update server for these builds. Just read the previous posts.

If this situation changes, I'm sure it will come up in the Custom update Channel for S905/S905X thread.

• Thanks kszaq, I actually just made a new sd card install from scratch, ran it on the working box, then booted it on the faulty box, Installtointernal and presto.

The whole thing took about 9 mins. Should have just done that from the start. I did start trying to create/edit the remote.conf file... Yeah that is a long process... Worth doing if you have no other option, but I did, so I was glad to avoid that.

Thanks for the location of the remote.conf file on the working box.

FYI the /tmp/remote.conf is the place where a user-provided remote.conf is placed to be used by amremote. So no matter where you have put your configuration file, it is always placed in /tmp/remote.conf before being applied. Please note that you shouldn't copy your configuration file to /tmp folder as it is a ramdisk cleared on every reboot.

Thank you for providing logs. I think the issue will be solved in 8.1.7.