[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Not sure if this question belongs in this section, let me know if not:

My advancesettings.xml file is not connecting Kodi to my mysql database running on an external NAS. All my other Kodi devices connect without problems. Checking the log I find a lot of errors like:

00:00:15.602 T:4100237040 ERROR: Create - Error( Network is unreachable )

00:00:16.976 T:4012893088 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos107 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on 'xxx.xxx.xxx' (101))

etc.

Strange thing is, that Kodi can connect to the NAS server through the file manager when I search for it manually. So getting confused on what the problem can be. Never seen this problem before in any of my setups.

Any ideas?

SOLUTION: Little voice in my head told me enable the "wait for network before starting kodi". I did and it looks to have fixed the problem. Never have had this problem with any past version of Kodi, might be something that was changed in the bootup sequence?

Edited once, last by xbmcgotham (August 23, 2017 at 6:51 PM).

• please is it possible to bring back the power menu with the "suspend" option as it was in 8.0.2b and 7.0.3.012k ?

Unfortunately no because it causes issues for many people. I will see if it can be enabled as an option.

• Perhaps double check LibreELEC Network settings. Perhaps double check cable or switch port.

If no luck, does downgrade to 8.0.2e make Ethernet work again?

If not there may be a physical issue. Could be cable or switch port. Or (hopefully not) MX port.

Good luck (I have the p200 MiniMX-G too)

I wanted to update you all,

Idiot me used the wrong device tree. my box has 1gbit lan and I used 100m for the update.

issue is now resolved.

• Unfortunately no because it causes issues for many people. I will see if it can be enabled as an option.

It would be great. Some people really need this.

My tests show only one issue - it doesn't work on my devices with resolution 3840 × 2160 (no waking up).

• Kszaq, thanks for the great work on these builds!

I already posted this in the remote.conf thread, but perhaps you can help me with this.

I was having trouble mapping any key on my remote to the TAB key (to switch to/from fullscreen). That key always got registered as ESCAPE. I was sure my remote.conf was correct however, because if I did another remotecfg .config/remote.conf, the TAB key worked correctly.

It turns out that at each boot, the .config/remote.conf file isn't read directly, but it is first copied to /tmp/remote.conf while having certain codes stripped out. In my remote.conf I had

0xe1 15 ; KEY_TAB

But in /tmp/remote.conf, that was replaced by

0xe1 1

You can see what codes are being stripped out (replaced) in /usr/lib/libreelec/remote-config. This is the relevant part:

Code 15 (KEY_TAB) is being replaced by code 1 (KEY_ESCAPE), code 63 (KEY_F5) by code 90 (KEY_KATAKANA), etc.

Do you know why this is being done? Since this file is in the read-only filesystem, the user can't easily fix it himself. Right now my workaround is to put another remotecfg in the autostart.sh, but I'd like to know why this is being done in the first place (and can it be made optional).

• I did. But as I wrote in my post, at each boot, the /storage/.config/remote.conf file isn't read directly, but it is first copied to /tmp/remote.conf while having certain codes stripped out.

• EDIT:

Oh you don't mean the Boot Logo for the Box, Copy your favourite image to /flash/oemsplash.png

Yup, thats what I meant. I dont mind that logo, I just wanted a custom pic in place of the LE one. That worked, thanks!

Btw would you know where to put in a boot parameter like quiet/ morequiet to hide the version info on the wallpaper at boot?

• On my current LE setup on my x86 machine I am booting from a thumb drive. I have created a new partition on the boot disk called 'downloads', and set my downloads to be saved on this completely new partition. The reason for this being, if I accidentally downloaded something too large to the storage partition and it ran out of space, after reboot I would be greeted with the stock confluence skin and not the skin I set. Apparently this used to happen because guisettings.xml has to be written to just before shutdown and there would be no space for this to happen. Is LE and this variant of the OS also susceptible to this issue? If yes, is there any way I can create the extra partition on the internal nand of the box I am using? In addition to the standard Libreelec and Libreelec_disk partitions ie. If I create the OS on a thumb drive or SD card, create the extra partition and then 'installtointernal', will it create the extra partition instead of just 2?

• On my current LE setup on my x86 machine I am booting from a thumb drive. I have created a new partition on the boot disk called 'downloads', and set my downloads to be saved on this completely new partition. The reason for this being, if I accidentally downloaded something too large to the storage partition and it ran out of space, after reboot I would be greeted with the stock confluence skin and not the skin I set. Apparently this used to happen because guisettings.xml has to be written to just before shutdown and there would be no space for this to happen. Is LE and this variant of the OS also susceptible to this issue? If yes, is there any way I can create the extra partition on the internal nand of the box I am using? In addition to the standard Libreelec and Libreelec_disk partitions ie. If I create the OS on a thumb drive or SD card, create the extra partition and then 'installtointernal', will it create the extra partition instead of just 2?

The only way to add a partition to internal memory is to change device tree, flash it once, reboot, install LE. There is no guide for it available.

Installtointernal script always uses partition layout provided by bootloader (i.e. dtb from internal memory). It does not repartition the memory.

Everything works great!

Is there any chance in enabling the Sata port and disk access for the Tronsmart Vega S95 Telos?

Thanks

Unfortunately I don't have that device. If you tell me what is SATA adapter used in it, I can see if I can add a driver for it. Please create a new thread (so that we do not have to search 40 pages in this thread for posts) and attach dmesg | paste created just after booting the box.

• Hi All,

I have a problem with remote control, I can't start my box after shutdown. I tried different

remote.conf (copied from Android and net)

Does remote controll require some driver or module? it's in dtb file?
    It's "MXQ Pro" 1G 100Mbit without BT. LibreELEC boot from SD normally.