[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• I wanna add something else about the Windows share issue. I don't setup each box (Odroid C2) to access to Windows share, i use a SQL database to sync all devices, with advancedsettings.xml. The connection to the SQL DB is ok, I have my file list updated without problem, but i can't launch any video... Everything is ok with 8.0.2e.

Thanks !!!

• Is that a screenshot or camera photo?

I have s905x and s905d device, and 4k ss are all mess up.

Greetings,

I connected with VNC and took pictures with CTRL - S.

Interface: Xonfluence.

But LE or KODI (because I'm not sure) provides SShot with a maximum resolution of 1080p.

I took these with the Tablet.

Without HDR.

With HDR.

Best regards...

• Hi,

I am a S905X MXQPro+ TV box user. I use KODI for playing my music FLAC files. Music library of mine involves files with many different sampling rates (from 44.1 to 192 kHz). All version of LibreElec I have tried (7, 8, 8.2) do not play this files with sampling rates higher then 48.0 kHz. KODI activated on original Android firmware or e.g. Armbian does not show this issue.

Just tested my .flac - LE is playing all samplig rates from 44 to 192khz 16/24 bit

My Hardware is listed in signature

Tim_Taylor

Thank You for Your support. Could You to specify, please, whether Your test have involved audio playing through HDMI? I have not mentioned above problems on analog and SPDIF output, only on HDMI.

Previously, the same issue I experienced using LE Generic x86 (64-bit) on Intel PC hardware platform. This problem vanished along with appearing of version 8.0.2.

Once again thank You for Your help.

• Hello kszaq , I'm TVH + Kodi + TBS 6522 user and now I bought a KI Pro. My principal use is with DVB-C Annex B provider, I know is a "rare" standard but supported by your LibreELEC but with few issues.

When crazycat developed the TBS6522 support for annex B I found the some issues.

The first problem is the frontend, TVH detect my provider as ATSC-C, not DVB-C in consecuence I can't import my configuration from TVH (PC) to the KI Pro.

Second, TVH can't detect channel names.

Both problems were present in crazycat's drivers before he solve the frontend of it.

Here a log of the problem:

subscription: 0003: "scan" subscribing to mux "489MHz", w-eight: 5, adapter: "Availink avl6862 #0 : ATSC-C #0", network: "Provider ATSC-C", service: "Raw PID Subscription"

linuxdvb: Availink avl6862 #0 : ATSC-C #0 - poll TIMEOUT

linuxdvb: Availink avl6862 #0 : ATSC-C #0 - failed to config dmx for pid 61 [e=Operation not permitted]

linuxdvb: Availink avl6862 #0 : ATSC-C #0 - failed to config dmx for pid 63 [e=Operation not permitted]

linuxdvb: Availink avl6862 #0 : ATSC-C #0 - failed to config dmx for pid 64 [e=Operation not permitted]

linuxdvb: Availink avl6862 #0 : ATSC-C #0 - failed to config dmx for pid 67 [e=Operation not permitted]

linuxdvb: Availink avl6862 #0 : ATSC-C #0 - failed to config dmx for pid 4385 [e=Operation not permitted]

inuxdvb: Availink avl6862 #0 : ATSC-C #0 - poll TIMEOUT

mpegts: 489MHz in Provider ATSC-C - scan complete (partial - 32/1 tables)
    subscription: 0003: "scan" unsubscribing

Is possible solve it?

Thanks!

• K1 Pro is S905D and Nougat. It should work.

Sorry kszaq I should be more clear.

The following are the specs:

Chip: S905D

Marshmallow 6.0.1

Board p231

Linux Version 3.14.29

1 gb Ram

8gb internal

Ethernet: 100 ? Not Sure But Guessing.

Wifi 2.4

Manufacturer: Winsat

Model: ModelCombo

I tried without a device tree. I tried the s905 device trees within spec and the K1 Pro but all freeze on the Devices Android Slash Screen.

I am pretty sure i will need to extract device tree from Android.

Outside of getting it from seller is there an ADB command i can issue ?

I cannot get LE to boot at all with the available device tree images.

• When crazycat developed the TBS6522 support for annex B I found the some issues.

The first problem is the frontend, TVH detect my provider as ATSC-C, not DVB-C in consecuence I can't import my configuration from TVH (PC) to the KI Pro.

Second, TVH can't detect channel names.

Both problems were present in crazycat's drivers before he solve the frontend of it.

Is possible solve it?

Thanks!

When this is solved in a media_build release, it will be solved in my builds.

K1 Pro has 1Gbit Ethernet, that's probably why your box can't boot with K1 Pro device tree. You have to provide me with original device tree (or a link to firmware) so that I can prepare device tree for that board. Meanwhile you can try using one of S905X device trees - keep in mind that some of the pieces may not work, e.g. Ethernet.

• Tvheadend is different project, for principal issues you have to complain on tvheadend forum. But I had the same question on tvheadend forum and Jaroslav Kysela explain me: ATSC-C means DVB-C Annex B. BTW there is no standard ATSC-C, this is only introduced by tvheadend.

• I am pretty sure i will need to extract device tree from Android.

Outside of getting it from seller is there an ADB command i can issue ?

Is there no root access in Android?

If so, there are several excellent root explorer & partition dumping Android apps available ;)

• K1 Pro has 1Gbit Ethernet, that's probably why your box can't boot with K1 Pro device tree. You have to provide me with original device tree (or a link to firmware) so that I can prepare device tree for that board. Meanwhile you can try using one of S905X device trees - keep in mind that some of the pieces may not work, e.g. Ethernet.

kszaq

Very good call on trying the S905x Device Tree for this S905D Chip.

I used (s905/8.2/device_trees/S905X) gxl_p212_1g.dtb

Tested everything , USB Ports , Ethernet , Wifi 8189, All working. ;)

Remote Totally Inoperative.

I copied the remote.conf into .config folder , rebooted but nothing.:thumbdown:

Not sure what you want to do in listing this S905D device tree ? I'm good with the above.

• The Android remote.conf is not compatible with the Libreelec Lirc

Follow this thread to create your own remote.conf: Create remote.conf from scratch

But please be aware that if you try to copy&paste the reference remote.conf file from this thread, it will not work since some non ANSI character are present and cause remotecfg to crash.

Instead download this one: remote.conf (I attach it also here, just remove the .txt extension)

• KI PRO T2+S2

Info from official site.

Best regards...

• Are there any known issues with the S905D and temp sensor builds? I Flashed the regular version to my KI Pro and it occasionally hangs on the Mecool logo like builds would with the sensors enabled on my Mini MX III.

• Additionally to my C2 I bought a S905X-device (BeLink MiniMXIII II, 2GB) for 4K-HDR-support.

On both boxes I am running kszaq's LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.3.img.gz (with devicetree gxl_p212_2g.dtb on the MiniMXIII) and it works great so far.

There is only a problem with my Harmony remote on the MiniMXIII:

The original BeeLink-remote works out-of-the-box. But I want to use my Harmony, which works well with Lirc on the C2,

on the MininMXIII in the same way. I don't want to have an seperate Harmony-profile for the MiniMXIII.

I have enabled Lirc in LibreElec-config on both boxes.

I assume I have to create a new lirc.conf for the MiniMXII, because the IR-codes, which my Hamrmony sends are configured for the C2.

But irrecord does not work.

When I compare the C2 with MiniMXII, then there is no device /dev/lirc0 on the MiniMXIII, see below.

On the MiniMXIII there is also no lirc_dev-message as on the C2.

dmesg and processes on the C2:

dmesg and processes on the MiniMXIII:

Is this a problem with the devicetree on the MiniMXIII?

The device /dev/lirc0 seems not to be created on the MiniMXIII.

Is this a conflict with amremote?

Any ideas? And thanks for your help.