[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Hi everyone,

Is a full reinstall required to upgrade from a 7.x version to 8.x, or could it possibly work by dropping a system/kernel image into the update directory? Have things changed that would make that impossible (such as partition layout)?

Thanks,

• Hi everyone,

Is a full reinstall required to upgrade from a 7.x version to 8.x, or could it possibly work by dropping a system/kernel image into the update directory? Have things changed that would make that impossible (such as partition layout)?

Thanks,

you could upgrade, just put in the .tar and updated dtb. from 7.0, i've updated to 8.0, then to 8.1.9.

• I just received my MeCool M8S Pro +

Here are the specifics on the details of the box received.

MeCool M8S pro +

Kernel Version 3.14.29

Tuesday Aug 15 18:31.44 CST 2017

Build

M8S Pro + userdebug 7.1.1 NMF26Q

2017 0815.182813.V0321

OTA

Model M8S Pro +

OTA 90633006

Wipe Data and Wipe Media both unchecked.

All appears to be working with the above with the OEM supplied software for Android. With one exception, for some reasons You Tube live

videos end up with an error and will not play. I did download Kodi 17.4, works, came with 17.3 under the TV Media but I have not yet deleted the 17.3 recent addons work. Covenant and others. Need to figure out how to delete the 17.3 version but thats after I get LE working.

My goal is just keep the existing Android from the OEM as it is working, and dual boot to LE

So much information and threads on this box what may or may not work has me confused.

I did find the internal reset button thru one of the air slots just below the M8S logo, so it has a reset feature, I can hear it click when depressed.

I have not yet opened up the box to see what type of emmc memory is installed. I found that the KLMAG1JENB-B041 sec 652 to 713 are listed a potential bad memory and do not upgrade oem software or flash with anything else. At this point in time need to open and see

if this box is impacted. Not sure if this impacts the LE on SD or LE installed on storage internal?

Has anyone have any ideas if I can use the LE on the sd card and will work with the above?

I plan on using what I posted in thread 1315

Great Forum thanks to all

Regards Bob

• Read carefully the following stuff: LE install . Booting LE from SD card or USb won't harm your box. If you install on internal you will erase android OS from there. Download latest img for S905X LE 8.1.9, use dtb from here Mecool, burn it on sd or usb flash with Rufus or LE LibreELEC USB-SD Creator.

• The only board I know that has CEC issues fixed is Odroid-C2 as the bootloader is open source and was fixed by Kwiboo. I'm not 100% sure if your particular issue is fixed. If at some point I add a product specific build, the issue may be fixed for KVIM.

Thank you for your answer . Btw im planing to switch to S905D cpu , could you recommend me some decent OTT box with s905d cpu ?

• Btw im planing to switch to S905D cpu , could you recommend me some decent OTT box with s905d cpu ?

You may already know that I do not give box recommendations.

...but as there is only one S905D box on the market (KI Pro) I can say that it's quite good. ;)

• 8.1.10-rc1 in OP. Due to Broadcom driver update I call it a "release candidate", please report any new issues over 8.1.9. Remember that you can always downgrade to a previous 8.1.x build with no data wipe, simply follow updating steps.

• ...but as there is only one S905D box on the market (KI Pro) I can say that it's quite good.

But do these have Dual independent DVB/ATSC TV modulators ?

Because frankly inbuilt single modulator implementations (ie most on the market) are a bit useless for use as a home networked PVR - you are better off with an external dual modulator USB Tuner in that case.

• Because frankly inbuilt single modulator implementations (ie most on the market) are a bit useless for use as a home networked PVR - you are better off with an external dual modulator USB Tuner in that case.

Totally agree. I only just got my K1 Pro to find Muxes & Services with this Tuner using afl1's test build and soon realised recording a tv program on one Mux shuts down any watching or recording on another Mux .

Useless is a nice word for it. The Android TV PVR on this box is total crap with Audio Video Sync Issues.

My TX 7 Box with a Cheap Sony Play TV Twin Tuner attached is a really good combo for me.

Use it every day.

• 8.1.10-rc1 in OP. Due to Broadcom driver update I call it a "release candidate", please report any new issues over 8.1.9. Remember that you can always downgrade to a previous 8.1.x build with no data wipe, simply follow updating steps.

WiFi works fine. UI seems way too fast and not smooth.

• Mux shuts down any watching or recording on another Mux .

Useless is a nice word for it.

I was being Kind with the word "useless" ;( - the WeTek Play2 has the same single modulator restrictions.

I too use a PS3 Play TV DVB-T dual modulator Tuner with an ODROID C2 for my TvHeadend PVR server setup. Far superior.

• kszaq

The latest 8.1.10-rc1 does indeed work with Khadas, including the newer Nougat roms, but I couldn't get it to work with the supplied DTB - the box would power off upon seeing the "Khadas" logo. Was able to fix it by using balbes DTB for the Khadas from here:

Code
    https://yadi.sk/d/n67MZPwC3KHW3n

Perhaps just upload that DTB to your collection? May as well save yourself some time! (All hardware seems to be working fine with it)

Sincerely, thank you very much for the updated version!

Glad to be running the latest Android with LE again :)