[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• me too, there are also some LibreElec-users, which are interested in 3D-MVC... 8)

It isn't an issue for everyone, but for us...

Well, that's unfortunately nothing that kszaq could implement just by the way... I hoped/asked because I wanted to know whether there are some guys working or planning to work on that. Apparently nothing changed, so RPi2/3 is the way to go if needed this function.

According to this post Sam@OSMC is working on frame packed output for his S905x based Vero4K box. If we're lucky, this could happen to become the basis for frame packed in other similar SOCs like this S905 one in Odroid C2.

• I've updated a S905X box to version 8.1.1 and I'm having SMB problems, I can't access to my Windows shares.

As other users have reported, I think the problem lies in having a free access in Windows, without user/password.

I wonder if it's planned to solve this in future releases (it works perfect in older versions).

Otherwise, the update was easy, no problem at all. Thanks a lot for your work.

• I've updated a S905X box to version 8.1.1 and I'm having SMB problems, I can't access to my Windows shares.

As other users have reported, I think the problem lies in having a free access in Windows, without user/password.

I wonder if it's planned to solve this in future releases (it works perfect in older versions).

Otherwise, the update was easy, no problem at all. Thanks a lot for your work.

Its probably due to a recent update in windows that disabled SMBv1. Control panel, programs and features, add windows features -> look for SMBv1 server and add it. That should re-enable it.

• Its probably due to a recent update in windows that disabled SMBv1. Control panel, programs and features, add windows features -> look for SMBv1 server and add it. That should re-enable it.

I use Windows 10 in spanish (I live in Spain) and sometimes software translations are not very good. I looked in control panel something similar to "SMBv1 server" and I've found "Compatibilidad con el protocolo para compartir archivos SMB 1.0/CIFS" (Compatibility with file sharing protocol SMB...) but it's enabled. So I looked further and found "SMB directo" that was disabled. I've enabled it and tried, but no success.

I also tried setting in Kodi "SMB Maximum protocol version" to SMB1 and SMB2, but didn't work. If I set maximum to SMB1 it always asks me for user/password. If I set it to SMB2 or None, it refuseses directly the connection.

I think there must be some changes in LE/Kodi that affect SMB shares because kszaq's builds 8.0 work withour problems. The problems started with 8.1 builds that use LE 8.2.

Anyway, thank you very much for your info.

• Hi guys.

I'm running libreelec off a sdcard on a mxqpro 4k box. Everything works fine but my storage partition is only 32mb, along with the 511 mb partition for system files. I then have an unallocated partion of 14.2gb (sd card is 16gb). I thought libreelec would use the rest of the sd card for storage? I did try deleting the 32mb partition and just setup an ext4 partition but now i get a cant access tty error. How can i setup the rest of the card for storage if libreelec is not doing this? Or could i just extend the 32mb partition?

• I'm running libreelec off a sdcard on a mxqpro 4k box. Everything works fine but my storage partition is only 32mb, along with the 511 mb partition for system files. I then have an unallocated partion of 14.2gb (sd card is 16gb). I thought libreelec would use the rest of the sd card for storage?

The storage partition is resized the first boot to fit the rest of SD card. Try a fresh install - burn image with Rufus or dd.

A doubt that I have, because there is no support for devices with 3GB of ram?

Please post dtb.img from Android image.

• kszaq: Hello, is an amremote version planned (for Odroid C2)? LIRC is quite unreliable with Odroid C2 at least. More often than not multiple button presses are executed or non. The range of the remote/IR-receiver seems fine otherwise when compared with amremote.

Your version of Libreelec seems to be the best so far with media_build especially rewind and skipping backwards works without a hitch (which often freezes playback on my current version).

• Did anyone manage to get Hyperion working on the MXQ Pro 4k (S905x)?

I have moved from a Rpi 3 to this box and really miss my Lightberry, thought this would be an easy switch as both can run Libreelec but I have not managed to get it to work on this build.

Anyone wants to share their config with me for this build?

• Did anyone manage to get Hyperion working on the MXQ Pro 4k (S905x)?

I have moved from a Rpi 3 to this box and really miss my Lightberry, thought this would be an easy switch as both can run Libreelec but I have not managed to get it to work on this build.

Anyone wants to share their config with me for this build?

Make sure to use the AML grabber with your config. Even then hyperion causes the video to lag and slow down which has yet to be solved in any build.

It works great at the beginning but sad to see the bug come up randomly during playback.

• Hello, is an amremote version planned (for Odroid C2)? LIRC is quite unreliable with Odroid C2 at least. More often than not multiple button presses are executed or non. The range of the remote/IR-receiver seems fine otherwise when compared with amremote.

I have plans to allow amremote in C2 build.

I do not have the original firmware, can extract from same box?

Try to boot with one of 2GB device trees. Then login over SSH and execute:

Code
    mount -o rw,remount /flash
    dd if=/dev/dtb of=/flash/dtb_backup bs=256k

You'll have a backup from internal partition on your SD card/USB drive.

Been using your 8.0.2e build on Wetek Play 2...please excuse my Mr Thicky question, but what's the advantage of this build over your 8.0.2e build?

Please read the changelog. ;) One thing: currently 8.1.x builds are not working on WP2.

• 8.1.2 build for testing: Index of /s905/8.2/8.1.2/

Changelog:

• kszaq

After updating to version 8.1.0-8.1.2

I have problems to connect my ki pro by smb with my phone (android andsmb app), he asks for username and password (old version of libreelec it work just fine).

With my laptop using windows 10 everything works perfectly,without setting username or password.

Thanks in advance.