Posts by vevs

Dear developers, many thanks for this project, CoreELEC is awesome! But please, could you change the waiting screen behavior to Krypton-style? I mean, dimming of the screen instead of making it black. Spinning circle on the black screen during plugin menu navigation is a little bit annoying :) Thank you!

So far as in 8.1.8 version and above kszaq had to remove HID-autorepeat patch by wrxtasy request (weird bluetooth MI-remote behavior), i've asked vpeter for help (thank you very much) to build my own LibreElec compiling environment. Now i can build and share with you autorepeat-enabled kernel image from latest kszaq's sources (S905/S905X only, watch the version) :

MEGA

Hope it'll be usefull for somebody :)

For everyone who searching for a good minimalist and functional replacement of the stock IR-remote. I want to recommend this RF-remote, IMHO, it fits much better for LE-based tv-box.

pros: same handy shape as Xiaomi BT remote, twice cheaper than it, IR-learning power button, no useless accelerometer and voice functions, good enough build quality, nice feedback from buttons;

cons: own RF-reciever, noisy clicky buttons, useless mouse emulation button;

For me, learning power button is a killer feature, because i can easely power-on the box with same remote (TV turns on automatically through CEC). Also this remote can be used with "longperss" parameter in Kodi keymaps. For example, i remapped ordinary (non-IR) power button to "Mute" (method was decribed here), and set its longpress to power menu. Also i can use predefined Kodi longpress shortcuts: long-OK for play/pause, long-UP for switching audio stream, long-Down for switching subtitles etc. Try it, this remote definitely worth its price!

Personally I'm not a fan anymore of rubber spongy buttons. This is where the Mi Box's remote kicks ass.

I also prefer good-fitted plastic buttons, but here buttons have a really short stroke (thanks to metal membrane switches), so feeling is pretty good (except noise).

By the way, could you please read my message adressed to you? TIA :)

wrxtasy , Gregoir3 , i want to recommend this RF-remote. IMHO, it fits much better for LE-based tv-box.

pros: same handy shape as Xiaomi BT remote, twice cheaper than it, IR-learning power button, no useless accelerometer and voice functions, good enough build quality, nice feedback from buttons;

cons: own RF-reciever, noisy clicky buttons, useless mouse emulation button;

For me, learning power button is a killer feature, because i can easely power-on the box with same remote (TV turns on automatically through CEC). Also this remote can be used with "longperss" parameter in Kodi keymaps. For example, i remapped ordinary (non-IR) power button to "Mute" and set its longpress to power menu. Also i can use predefined Kodi longpress shortcuts: long-OK for play/pause, long-UP for switching audio stream, long-Down for switching subtitles etc. Try it, this remote definitely worth its price!

I was the one with the problem with a HID Xiaomi Bluetooth remote - all sorts of unwanted repeats and strange stuff was occurring due to the HID patch.

Quality BT remotes like that one already have fast enough repeat keystrokes, turbo charging such activity really caused issues.

Revert the HID Kernel patch and the problems disappeared.

wrxtasy , below are some IMHOs (conclusions of my investigations) that might be usefull for you:

1) most of modern remote controllers are emulated as keyboards, so they mustn't produce repeats by themselves, but must send distinct events for up & down keystrokes instead;

2) unwanted repeats in your case might be caused by interferring of native and eventlirc repeats handling mechanism. You could try copy /etc/eventlircd.d folder to /storage/.config and add this to autostart.sh:

Code
    1. systemctl stop eventlircd
    2. /usr/sbin/eventlircd --evmap=/storage/.config/eventlircd.d --socket=/run/lirc/lircd --repeat-filter

This might help to avoid unwanted repeats (thanks to --repeat-filter);

3) you shouldn't use only KERNEL=="event?" condition in udev rules, because numbering of "event" elements not permanent (depends on input devices (dis)connected) and may get changed with time. Instead, you should use this conditions with wildcards and BUS:VID:PID (based on information from your post):

Code
    1. KERNEL=="event*", KERNELS=="0005:2717:32b2.*", ENV{eventlircd_enable}="true", ENV{eventlircd_evmap}="xiaomibtremote.evmap"

4) also you don't need ask kszaq to add evmap file to system, you could use simple solution with autostart.sh from 2), or alternative without --repeat-filter (you still need copy /etc/eventlircd.d folder to /storage/.config):

Code
    1. mount --bind /storage/.config/eventlircd.d/ /etc/eventlircd.d/
    2. systemctl restart eventlircd

5) I believe, that key-mapping for RF-remote through eventlircd - it's an overkill solution :) Better way is using of hwdb-file (delete your rules-file first).

Please, test some of my suggestions to struggle unwanted repeats on 8.1.7 with your Bluetooth remote. I'm asking you because there is no alternative solution for "pecky" volume control on a regular RF-remote except mine (excluded by your request), and i want to ask kszaq bring it back.

GDPR-1 , i'm already switched back to LE8, but as problem is common for both Krypton and Leia - it doesn't matter, right? If not - tell me, and i will make the log in Leia a little bit later. Thanks for your help!

The autorepeat patch caused issues with some remotes (unwanted repeats), I had to revert it.

kszaq , could you please make this functionality optional (through config file or something, like you done it for suspend)? A huge bunch of cheap RF-remotes becomes much more handy with it. To be honest, i'm really surprised that somebody faced the problem with unwanted repeates, because i've tested 8.1.7 at all my boxes (A95X, K1 Plus, K2 Pro, Coowell V5) with their IR-remotes (except Coowell - it doesn't have one), with four different RF-remotes (1, 2, 3, 4) and with some gamepads (USB and Bluetooth) - all this stuff works just fine. Also i've looked in keystroke event handling mechanism and just can't imaging how unwanted repeats may occure :(

Sorry for late report. I've tested LE9 build from Gendo with NG from repo, and unfortunately faced same issues :(

Log