[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Thanks. Probably a stupid question on my part, but what should it do? I've got three boxes on three different TV's, but I can't see any difference.

I was expecting a change like from limited RGB to full RGB , but colors and black levels stay the same.

That’s exactly what you shoud be seeing. You would immediately see if you have a color range problem.

RGB mode is not an improvement. It is needed only if your tv requires it.

• Thanks, I've one TV yet to try but my main TV and the one in the bedroom did nothing when I changed it. That's not entirely true, my main TV went into a green / negative look when I set the value to 1 and Libreelec needed a reboot, afterwards it was the same as it was before.

Sounds like your main TV simply does not accept RGB signal. There is nothing wrong about that.

• There is a repository of remote.conf files, working in LibreElec. Read this a couple of posts down and try the linked remote.conf. If that doesn't work, look for boxes with the same remote, they are usually interoperable.

Thanks a lot. I finally had a chance to test the ANTSIR remote.conf with the Abox Max remote. I deleted remote.conf with Winscp from /config and then copied the ANTSIR file in its place. It works perfectly in Libreelec.

Original remote.conf from Android will be found in /etc

Believe me, I have searched Android numerous times via esfile explorer, SSH by using sshdroid and neither method found the remote.conf location. I've used different search strings with *remote* showing the most returns, but no remote.conf. Yet the remote works in Android.

Maybe your search string should have been remote* or *remote*. On my box the remote.conf is found in /etc, like Tim_Taylor said. But even that is no guarantee that this original android remote.conf will work in LibreElec.

Thanks for that search string. It worked to find the Libreelec remote.conf that I replaced with the ANTSIR remote.conf. All is good.

• Hi....seems like upgrading to latest version, 8.2.1.2 has broken VC1 interlaced playback (a lot of old BBC blurays are this format).

The playback stops after about 10mins. I can resume, but then stops after another 10mins!

I've rolled back to 8.2.1.1 for now.

• LibreELEC:/sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0 # chmod 666 output_rgb

LibreELEC:/sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0 # cat output_rgb

cat: read error: Input/output error

LibreELEC:/sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0

• kszaq can you confirm 8.2.1.2 was compiled 5th December 2017.

I am 99.99% sure i updated but in system info i see 17.6 with this date.

Just checking as i previously had an issue way back where i had to use device tree to make a previous update stick.

Just checking as i previously had an issue way back where i had to use device tree to make a previous update stick.

You can check with the kernel date :

Code
    LibreELEC (community): 8.2.1.2 (S905.arm)
    Salon:~ # uname -a
    Linux Salon 3.14.29 #4 SMP Fri Dec 15 20:15:35 CET 2017 aarch64 GNU/Linux

8.2.1.2 was compiled on 15th December. You may see an earlier date in System Info if Kodi was compiled earlier and I made no changes since then. I am compiling to one folder to save space and time. :angel:

• racko Audio capabilities can be limited by analog audio chip which is present in Minix U1 (gives you higher quality analog audio) and all S905X/S912 devices. This is a software limitation, a result of how kernel driver is implemented by Amlogic. If you don't mind losing analog audio, you can try using gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port device tree on your Minix U1 which would omit analog audio in output path and might result in higher resolution optical out.

hi,

i'm trying to get spdif (mostly optical) output on my various amlogic s805/s905 (not x/w)/s912 android tv boxes, running armbian images made by balbes150.

I am having various results i can't really understand.

Reading that it seems to work on your LE images (i'll test that later), could you tell me if it's enabled by LE specific patches (dts, kernel, kodi, alsa config ?) or should it work on any stock bsp kernel ?

It's also not very clear to me if it has something to do with audio "passthrough" and/or if that's only related to kodi, something i can ignore with non kodi related tests.

thx