[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• I can boot just fine from SD with the regular non-nand device tree - everything works.

This means you should work non-nand device tree. Everyone should use it for a S905X box unless internal memory is not visible in installtointernal script. Most of the boxes have eMMC, apparently there are cheaper eMMCs than NANDs.

• Well, the installtointernal script definitely did do something for me, since the Android is gone and just recovery is left.

So, if re-installing Android and then running installtointernal again is the only option I have, does someone have a hint for me which firmware to use?
    I cannot find a firmware specific for the M96X, some people say X96 works...
    But apparently the firmware for my box was a 7.1.1 from 20170703, that's what the recovery says.
    It also says NMF26Q...?
    Also, which dtb.img do I use?

Sorry for these questions, but I never restored an Android system and I don't want to brick the box...

• Hello I’m using this build od MXQ pro 4k. Got installed it on sd card. Today I have managed to do clear instalation of build 8.1.10. Suddenly my remote control stops working. I have tried to instal older builds but nothing happend. When I boot to android remote work correctly. Can you please help ?

• Hello I’m using this build od MXQ pro 4k. Got installed it on sd card. Today I have managed to do clear instalation of build 8.1.10. Suddenly my remote control stops working. I have tried to instal older builds but nothing happend. When I boot to android remote work correctly. Can you please help ?

Did you try replace remote.conf and gen.xml?
    I know this is a silly question but the battery's of remote are ok?

• maybe on freaktab.com you can find or ask for hints to restore Android, good luck!

• Did you try replace remote.conf and gen.xml?
    I know this is a silly question but the battery's of remote are ok?

Hello. I didnt try replace these files but i can try it. Where i can get new one ? Remote works when I boot into android so I assuming that batteries are ok 😊

• jd17, Those with the 'M96X' box are saying you can use the 'X96' firmware (but that you might have to replace remote.conf when you're done).

As always, this at your own risk (as was the installtointernal script) as nobody else can be held responsible for your decisions - Good luck!

Perhaps now is a good time for those that insist on installing to internal, for no real gain, to note that doing so does involve some risk, unlike installing to external media, and shouldn't be attempted until you have a working backup of your original Android FW

These warnings have been repeatedly issued throughout these forums.

It's a shame that some only decide to read up on what they're doing after they are affected by the possible issues that previous posts attempt to help others avoid. /shrug

Edited once, last by Poida (October 26, 2017 at 2:07 AM).

• If the wired interface is not working on stock Android, nor LibreELEC, it may be dead. Shutdown + unplug the box for a few minutes, plug it back in and try it. Cross your fingers....

My LAN RJ45 wired network just stop to work when I was using libreelec 8.1.10. I dont know what happening but neither Android TV original firmware is the wired network working.

I'm sure that I used the right DTB file (I have a K1 PRO)

What should I do?

I try to reflash with all original android recovery firmware using usb to usb cable and didnt work. Also tried old libreelec firmware.

I saw a bunch of people here complain about this dtb file. So what happened? Would be the newer k1 pro have some different hardware?

Oh god, for real? It still not working.. kszaq what about this command?

if booting from internal:

1. Boot this build from SD card or USB with correct device tree.
    2. Login over SSH and execute dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1 then dd if=/flash/dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256k
    3. Power off, remove SD/USB, boot from internal.

It could make some differece if I try another dtb file? (Libreelec and internal android 7.1 still not recognizing wired network)

• Seems to be too much -101-, perhaps questions and 'how to' should split off into another thread so that the developer doesnt have to read thru endless noise of already answered questions. Others can then pick up the support.

• Seems to be too much -101-, perhaps questions and 'how to' should split off into another thread so that the developer doesnt have to read thru endless noise of already answered questions. Others can then pick up the support.

This has been re-iterated ad infinitum. Instructions for how to report bugs are mentioned at least 287,326,589 times in this thread alone.

• Perhaps now is a good time for those that insist on installing to internal, for no real gain, to note that doing so does involve some risk, unlike installing to external media, and shouldn't be attempted until you have a working backup of your original Android FW

These warnings have been repeatedly issued throughout these forums.

It's a shame that some only decide to read up on what they're doing after they are affected by the possible issues that previous posts attempt to help others avoid. /shrug

Perhaps in some cases there is also no reason to be spiteful or judgmental.

Just because you might not see a benefit in installing to internal, does not mean everyone thinks the same way.

I see a few reasons - convenience, speed (yes, it is faster - think access times), spare SD card to use for test builds and/or other things, potentially free SD slot in the box to use for other things (game ROMs, pictures, video files, music)... and probably more reasons for others that I am not thinking of.

Since I used installtointernal before, followed the protocol exactly and had no issues whatsoever in the past, I did not see a risk in doing so.
    Furthermore, as far as I remember and the feedback here goes, the particular issue I described has never been encountered by someone else before.

• Perhaps in some cases there is also no reason to be spiteful or judgmental.

Just because you might not see a benefit in installing to internal, does not mean everyone thinks the same way.

I see a few reasons - convenience, speed (yes, it is faster - think access times), spare SD card to use for test builds and/or other things, potentially free SD slot in the box to use for other things (game ROMs, pictures, video files, music)... and probably more reasons for others that I am not thinking of.

Since I used installtointernal before, followed the protocol exactly and had no issues whatsoever in the past, I did not see a risk in doing so.
    Furthermore, as far as I remember and the feedback here goes, the particular issue I described has never been encountered by someone else before.

sorry, but I agree with Poida. If you get problems with internal, then you should bite the bullet, start a fresh install to sd, then, bearing in mind the possible consequences, install to internal again.

• Perhaps in some cases there is also no reason to be spiteful or judgmental.

If I have 'touched a raw nerve' with you that's a shame, but what I posted was actually a possible solution to your self-inflicted predicament and a suggestion that others do a little more research before blindly rushing into these things.

As far as advice to others goes, would you not agree that everyone should at least learn enough to know that they should back up their original FW before hastily overwriting it?

This particular issue wouldn't even be an issue had the first rule of flashing roms been followed (ie backup beforehand in case something doesn't go as expected)

Of course people have had flashes go wrong before (which is what this particular issue is), they just usually have taken precautions allowing them to quickly revert the box to original setup

Hopefully you will be able to recover your box using the advice you have received and therefor be able to stop striking out at those offering help ;)

Edited 2 times, last by Poida: spelling (October 26, 2017 at 1:16 PM).

• jd17 's issue is the nand hardware confusion. I don't think the Reflashing Android Firmware is what he's mainly looking at resolving here.

I'm sure he will find an Android rom to flash.

His frustration is , the box is working fine with a device tree for his box specs until the installtointernal flashing fails because of the possibility this box has Nand internal memory.

The Nand suffix Device Tree doesn't work whilst booting SD Card LE on his box.

He just wants to come to a conclusion that Nand memory in this box is not going to work internally.

Even though there are device trees available for Nand memory boxes.