[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• I am having a bug on my M8S plus running Libreelec 8.1.10, trying to open the Libreelec settings addon, I am getting : settings addon is not yet ready, please try again later. Any ideas?

• Just a quick question

I have a beelink mini mx-iii which is currently running - LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2a

I have tried on numerous occasions to update, the last time to LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.10.img.gz

I added the file into the .update folder and rebooted the box, I get the logo screen and text saying files being unpacked and installed, system being installed etc, lots of OK's then it reboots and nothing, just a black screen

what am i doing wrong? Luckily I have a working 8.0.2a on USB which i roll back to but I'm just confused as to why it says everything is OK but then fails

I've also tried to enforce recovery using the 'toothpick' method (there is a hole on the bottom of the Beelink) but I'm not sure if the switch is broken but I fail to hear/feel any movement

any advice help very much appreciated, thanks :)

• Try putting the right device tree in the update folder as well ;)

• Try putting the right device tree in the update folder as well ;)

yeah i tried that too, took the file 'dtb.img' (that's right?) into update, (this is off the USB pendrive off an install that I know definitely works), its really odd, like the upgrade appears to work, I don't see any errors but once the reboot occurs there is nothing

I will recheck that device tree file is correct

• yeah i tried that too, took the file 'dtb.img' (that's right?) into update, (this is off the USB pendrive off an install that I know definitely works), its really odd, like the upgrade appears to work, I don't see any errors but once the reboot occurs there is nothing

I will recheck that device tree file is correct

No, that's not right. Download correct current device tree from OP, place in .update folder, do not rename it.

• No, that's not right. Download correct current device tree from OP, place in .update folder, do not rename it.

That is the first time I am hearing/reading this.

I still always rename the current device trees to dtb.img and it always worked just fine.
    Did kszaq ever recommend to not rename them anymore? Again, first time I read this...

• I still always rename the current device trees to dtb.img and it always worked just fine.
    Did kszaq ever recommend to not rename them anymore? Again, first time I read this...

When updating you can either rename it or leave *.dtb file name. Renaming is only important when installing for the first time.

• thank you everyone, I copied the 2 files into the .update folder, rebooted and it upgraded from 8.02a to 8.1,10 successfully

( i did leave the device tree as : - gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb )

edit:

something that I have noticed with - 8.2-8.1.10 is the sound appears to be dropping out slightly, watching a film in Dolby Digital 5.1, my Onkyo amp is picking it up as before, but the sound appears to be frequently dropping out,, when on 8.0-8.0.2a this didn't happen

edit (2):

pretty sure it's just this particular video file

Edited 2 times, last by kazonuk (October 20, 2017 at 8:51 PM).

• Hello guys.

I just tried to setup a new S905X box for a friend.
    It's an "M96X" device.

Everything went just fine, system runs perfectly from SD.

I used 8.1.10 with the current gxl_p212_2g.dtb device tree.

I then wanted to installtointernal, which seemed to go fine as well - but something went wrong.
    When I boot the box from internal now, I get the Android Recovery screen:

nhhcRRA.jpg

Of course I tried to run installtointernal again, but then it just hangs itself up trying to backup a device tree.

Can you please help me out? How do I go on from here to get LibreELEC installed on the internal memory?
    Thank you in advance!

• That is the first time I am hearing/reading this.

I still always rename the current device trees to dtb.img and it always worked just fine.

Yes, it was recommended at some point to not rename the dtb in the .update folder. Don't remember by whom.

It sounds like this may no longer matter though, given above feedback.