Posts by kazonuk

thank you everyone, I copied the 2 files into the .update folder, rebooted and it upgraded from 8.02a to 8.1,10 successfully

( i did leave the device tree as : - gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb )

edit:

something that I have noticed with - 8.2-8.1.10 is the sound appears to be dropping out slightly, watching a film in Dolby Digital 5.1, my Onkyo amp is picking it up as before, but the sound appears to be frequently dropping out,, when on 8.0-8.0.2a this didn't happen

edit (2):

pretty sure it's just this particular video file

Try putting the right device tree in the update folder as well ;)

yeah i tried that too, took the file 'dtb.img' (that's right?) into update, (this is off the USB pendrive off an install that I know definitely works), its really odd, like the upgrade appears to work, I don't see any errors but once the reboot occurs there is nothing

I will recheck that device tree file is correct

Just a quick question

I have a beelink mini mx-iii which is currently running - LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2a

I have tried on numerous occasions to update, the last time to LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.10.img.gz

I added the file into the .update folder and rebooted the box, I get the logo screen and text saying files being unpacked and installed, system being installed etc, lots of OK's then it reboots and nothing, just a black screen

what am i doing wrong? Luckily I have a working 8.0.2a on USB which i roll back to but I'm just confused as to why it says everything is OK but then fails

I've also tried to enforce recovery using the 'toothpick' method (there is a hole on the bottom of the Beelink) but I'm not sure if the switch is broken but I fail to hear/feel any movement

any advice help very much appreciated, thanks :)

Hi

Great job with the build, running 8.0.2 on a BeeLink mini mx-iii via USB.

The only issue I seem to have is that the remote isn't detected/working (also neither is my Logitech Harmony remote), just wondered what I need to do to resolve this?

If I plug in a USB keyboard that seems to work fine, but I wouldn't mind getting the default remote working again if possible

I am running - LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2a.img.gz

device tree - gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb

device - Beelink mini mx-iii

thanks for any pointers