Librespot addon

• Hi

I installed Librespot on my converted Chromebox Asus with Libreelec.

I dont want to use Analog output, and my chromebox does not have digital out for sonud, only HDMI.

Is there a way to output Librespot sound from HDMI ? I dont mind pausing sound when a video in KODI starts...but i dont wish to use ANALOG output.

I dont seem to get any sound from HDMI....am i doing something wrong ?

Cheers

EDIT : I see the libreelec device and can connect to it on my phone. When playing Spotify i just dont get any sound.

• Have you tried to use the wizard in the addon seetings (Kodi UI) to chose a device?

• Thanks for this awesome addon!

Some questions though:
    I'd like to +1 a request that was made way back: is there any way to get librespot to switch between two spotify accounts seamlessly?

As a quick solution, would it be possible to make a "copy" of the app (possibly name it something else), and use the Kodi streaming in order to resolve conflicts?

Thanks!

• Thanks for this awesome addon!

Some questions though:
    I'd like to +1 a request that was made way back: is there any way to get librespot to switch between two spotify accounts seamlessly?

As a quick solution, would it be possible to make a "copy" of the app (possibly name it something else), and use the Kodi streaming in order to resolve conflicts?

Thanks!

Use discovery mode (no username/password). It works fine here.

• Is there a way to make it obey kodi's volume setting? Or at least make it have an effect. Nearly just blew my speakers trying it out....

Other than that, it works great, super easy to setup and worked first time.

edit: addition to this, i see you say elsewhere to set it to kodi output mode. I'm not sure how to do this. Heres what i see in my settings, neither ALSA options work.

https://imgur.com/a/QngAb

Edited once, last by Piercy (December 27, 2017 at 6:02 PM).

• After some recent hickups with Spotify Connect Web addon I discovered this new version/addon.

It works great, thx for the nice work.

With the option to playback in kodi, is there an even better integration thinkable?

I mean just basic stuff like skip to the next track.

This way I could do it with my remote control for example.

Seach, scroll trough songs/playlists etc. I would still do in spotify app just basic control would be nice via kodi.

• Another thing I noticed:

The stream in kodi can't be paused...I can stop it but not pause it.

Would be great if it'd be possible.

Background: I've set up my smartphone to send the pause command to kodi everytime I get a call or start a call. After the call is finished, pause is sent again and playback continues :)

Now I can imagine it's not possible to pause and resume such stream.

I wouldn't mind if pausing the stream just stops it, would be just great if it reacts to the pause command so i don't hear music anymore :)

• Hi,

few weeks ago i have to reinstall my pi with libreelec. Sadly spotify connect web is not longer available :( I try librespot and i have two problems.

1. There is a little break between two tracks. I listen often mixes like a state of trance. It is possible to get seamless change between two tracks?

2. My ip is 24/7 online and connected with ethernet. When i dont listen music for some hours or days, i cant find librespot in my spotify app. I have to reboot the pi, then i can connect with librespot.

Both works fine with spotify connect web.

Sorry for my bad englisch :(

• Hi All,

First of all @awiouy thx for great job with the addon.

Now my actual question ;) I am using two accounts for spotify on my home network. It is a way to use discovery to register different users without reconfigure an addon? Currently even when restarting device, discovery service always choose the same user. I even try to remove all instances of spotify from the network, but that won't worked too.

Code
    Jan 02 22:14:07 kodi systemd[1]: Started librespot.
    Jan 02 22:14:07 kodi sh[1369]: INFO:librespot: librespot 83282b6 (2017-12-07). Built on 2017-12-07. Build ID: lUgmv2c5
    Jan 02 22:14:07 kodi sh[1369]: INFO:librespot_core::session: Connecting to AP "gew1-accesspoint-b-4nz6.ap.spotify.com:4070"
    Jan 02 22:14:07 kodi sh[1369]: INFO:librespot_core::session: Authenticated as "*****" !
    Jan 02 22:14:07 kodi sh[1369]: INFO:librespot_core::session: Country: "PL"
    Jan 02 22:14:07 kodi sh[1369]: INFO:librespot::audio_backend::alsa: Using alsa sink
    kodi:~ #

Could someone link a reference or briefly describe how this discovery service is working? I tried to read the code, but I do not know RUST, so it is waste of time for me.

• So, i have a same problem as couple of other one has too.

Librespot starts but is not selectable on spotify until i go to settings and Disable->enable it ones.

I discovered that if i start like a video and stop it, then it starts to work.

Im using libreelec on android tv-box and didnt got any help of the "sleep 5" thing on my system.

On what file should i put that text?

I already pasted it to two files= \\(mylibreelecname)\Userdata\addon_data\service.librespot\settings.xml and also to my kids profile folder(that autostarts when my android box starts) \\(mylibreelecname)\Userdata\profiles\Lapset\addon_data\service.librespot\settings.xml

What am i doing wrong?

I also tried to paste it like <sleep 5> and sleep 5 and <sleep 10> and sleep 10 and also to the end of the file.

Am i editing the wrong file?

Also, i had to insert my account and password to librespot or else it wasnt accessible at spotify?

Im using 8.2.108 Librespot and 8.2 Libreelec 8.2.2.2

The Libreelec is almost freshly installed and not lot of configurations done.

Thank You!

• Have you tried the following:

In LibreELEC settings, Network settings, set Wait for network

• Hi,

In a previous rpi3 libreelec version 7.0.2

also installed librespot with kodi output instead of alsa.

I also used the shaderToy visualisation which responded on the spotify connect music.

Since version 8 the visualization doesnt respond anymore...any idea why?

• Hey,

short question:

I switched to Kodi 18 (LE9) and want to use Librespot again.

When I try to run the wizard, it says there is no playback device. I could manually set a device, but I don't know what I have to write into the prompt? (Using RPi 3 with sound output through HDMI).

EDIT: Okay I think it's: "default:CARD=ALSA"?

I will test it tomorrow. But anyway it's strange that the wizard can't find any playback device.

thx!

Edited once, last by effe.rnr (January 18, 2018 at 12:55 AM).

• Hi

After the new versions the addon still doesn't work on my setup. With the default setup of librespot no sound (no matter what the source) will come through.

When i use 'pactl info' with the addon activated and no music playing, I can see that the default sink is 'librespot_sink' - is this normal behavior?